F this. God damnit

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Alright I just need to vent about my problems so I'll do it here.

3 months ago I decided my drinking problem was so bad I needed help, so i spent all my money on going to rehab so that I could better my life and not be a drunk. Shit happens.

I did that, whilst in rehab I got a job (a good one with medical/dental). Left, and started work. Everything was looking great.

I work as a chef. I am a chef/life long cook. I was the first person let go because I was so new. The entire place is closed now. Even though I'm still employed, I don't know when i can return to work. My finances are super low because I spent my money on getting healthy and now I hate to say but I'm drinking again... bad. I cant put down the bottle

I have an amazing girlfriend which is like the only good thing going on for me. But she's fucked too, so both of us are going to have to move in with my mom because she's a waitress and works in an industry that is really hurting and has no family

I've learned a lot from this shit. I lived a careless lifestyle, never saved money or took things seriously and now I be fucked :(

Sorry to hear that man. Only advice I can give you is to go back to whatever you were doing in the program that worked for you. No beating yourself up over the fuck up, just go back to your practice. (12 steps or whatever tools you were using to stay clean)

You said you realized you fucked up in the past by not being prepared, make that motivation to not continue those ways. As awful as this whole thing is, there are lots of opportunities in it as well if you seek them out. Have you ever read think and grow rich?

And you want pity?

No savings and not taking certain things serious?

Good luck and I hope you turn yourself around but people like you are a pound a penny.

Damn, that sucks. Tough times ahead, good luck.

Do you at least get a long with your mother?

You made a mistake and can learn from it

No need to beat yourself up. You will learn, improve and do better so you won't go through this again. Keep your head up.

Man up and stop drinking. Follow up by finding better ways to better yourself. One day at a time.
Thanks man I will. I just finished my last shot and i am not gonna buy any more.

Problem is i am such a drunk I could literally die from not doing it. And it costs a lot of money to get the help and drugs i need to keep me from having a seizure. Shit is not cool. I'm just gonna shake and sweat for a few days and pray I don't die about it

Sorry to hear that man. Only advice I can give you is to go back to whatever you were doing in the program that worked for you. No beating yourself up over the fuck up, just go back to your practice. (12 steps or whatever tools you were using to stay clean)

You said you realized you fucked up in the past by not being prepared, make that motivation to not continue those ways. As awful as this whole thing is, there are lots of opportunities in it as well if you seek them out. Have you ever read think and grow rich?
No but I will look into reading it and really appreciate the advice. Although getting rich isnt my goal I just want to be happy and normal

"My friend, there will be stumbling blocks in life. There will be people waiting to put you down. There will be obstacles ready to knock you into next week. But ultimately we don't lie down and take them - we rise above it, come back strong and WE GO AGAIN" - Sir @Bubzeh - 03/08/2017

I worked with a chef that had a withdrawal seizure on the floor at work. He used to be like a pro bodybuilder, now he's 30% bodyfat and has a fluid filled stomach that looks like his liver's failing. Do you wanna be that guy? Don't be that guy.

I have an amazing girlfriend which is like the only good thing going on for me. But she's fucked too, so both of us are going to have to move in with my mom because she's a waitress and works in an industry that is really hurting and has no family.

For what it's worth, you guys are exactly who Bon Jovi had in mind when writing this...

Hang in there. These are tough times but they'll improve.

For what it's worth, you guys are exactly who Bon Jovi had in mind when writing this...

Hang in there. These are tough times but they'll improve.

You're a great poster. I've heard this song a billion times but never actually pay attention to the lyrics. Mainly because that funky ass bass and drums is so distracting and there's so much amazing shit going on besides bon jovi's shit fucking message

Look at liver failure pictures to see your future. Ascites. Read the stories on internet forums of what friends and families of alcoholics have to live through. That's not what you want your story to be.

He's still drinking with no care in the world. You're trying to better yourself. You're not that guy.
Thanks man honestly you have no fucking idea just how much your reply means. I have to not buy alcohol today

Alright I just need to vent about my problems so I'll do it here.

3 months ago I decided my drinking problem was so bad I needed help, so i spent all my money on going to rehab so that I could better my life and not be a drunk. Shit happens.

I did that, whilst in rehab I got a job (a good one with medical/dental). Left, and started work. Everything was looking great.

I work as a chef. I am a chef/life long cook. I was the first person let go because I was so new. The entire place is closed now. Even though I'm still employed, I don't know when i can return to work. My finances are super low because I spent my money on getting healthy and now I hate to say but I'm drinking again... bad. I cant put down the bottle

I have an amazing girlfriend which is like the only good thing going on for me. But she's fucked too, so both of us are going to have to move in with my mom because she's a waitress and works in an industry that is really hurting and has no family

I've learned a lot from this shit. I lived a careless lifestyle, never saved money or took things seriously and now I be fucked :(

Learn from this and be better with your finances. This shit hasn't gone on long, people should be able to make it this far even if they had to drain their savings. I haven't touched my son's college fund or taken out a loan on my tsp but I always could and would be fine. People like to go out and spend 50 bucks a night on drinks and shit but when something like this happens they're shocked that they arent covered.

Back