Gabi Garcia Transformation?

I in no way ever endorse the abuse of performance enhancing drugs, and I don't want to seem like I romanticize them, but it takes a certain mindset to do that stuff to yourself. I know being a BJJ World Champion doesn't have the same status as a boxing champion, but for some, it means the world. Real champions are willing to do whatever it takes to get the edge, even if it means taking years off of their lives.

Professional bodybuilders have the extremist case of this mindset. I read about some poll they did where they asked the top professional bodybuilders who have never won Mr. Olympia, "If you could take a substance that would guarantee your victory, but it would take 5 years off of your life, would you take it?" They got a resounding "yes" without hesitation.

I admire their will to be the best, I just don't admire their means. This is why I will forever be unknown and mediocre...but I'm ok with that.

I in no way ever endorse the abuse of performance enhancing drugs, and I don't want to seem like I romanticize them, but it takes a certain mindset to do that stuff to yourself. I know being a BJJ World Champion doesn't have the same status as a boxing champion, but for some, it means the world. Real champions are willing to do whatever it takes to get the edge, even if it means taking years off of their lives.

Professional bodybuilders have the extremist case of this mindset. I read about some poll they did where they asked the top professional bodybuilders who have never won Mr. Olympia, "If you could take a substance that would guarantee your victory, but it would take 5 years off of your life, would you take it?" They got a resounding "yes" without hesitation.

I admire their will to be the best, I just don't admire their means. This is why I will forever be unknown and mediocre...but I'm ok with that.

I have no doubt the answer would be the same even if they took 10 years instead of 5

Professional bodybuilding seems like a bad example as it's a PED based contest.

Gabi has very likely very strange hormonal levels naturally. At 17 she had breast implants to look more feminine.

She looks a lot more feminine now. I wonder how well her new weight / physique will affect her performance.

Real champions are willing to do whatever it takes to get the edge, even if it means taking years off of their lives.

I would argue they are not real champions. They are cheaters. They are cheating themselves and others.

Nothing to admire there.

It is kind of like the guy who wants to be wealthy so bad he robs a bank.

cR0P7rg.jpg

Death by snu snu!

that caint be gabi that chick is very schtoopable, TUF gabi is a monstrosity.

I would argue they are not real champions. They are cheaters. They are cheating themselves and others.

Nothing to admire there.

It is kind of like the guy who wants to be wealthy so bad he robs a bank.

I would argue that under your logic, there are no real champs.

Everyone, EVERY SINGLE ONE is on some type of peds, whether they are legal or not. The only difference is that some commission banned the substance. Not too long ago, pro hormones were not illegal, you could have bought that stuff otc, now they are, so for someone of this generation, if you use some type of prohormone, you would be doing something illegal, but not long ago, the same person would be saying that it was ok.. Whats going to happen if from some time on protein shakes get banned? I guess you would be calling cheaters pretty much every single athlete in the world. Some how, protein shakes are peds too, they add muscle recovery, there is a reason they are taken, of course its not the degree as some other peds, but its an exogenous help.

Its very easy to judge people from the outside, I want to see some of you critics in their place when your whole life is center about making it in the sport.

I would argue that under your logic, there are no real champs.

Everyone, EVERY SINGLE ONE is on some type of peds, whether they are legal or not. The only difference is that some commission banned the substance. Not too long ago, pro hormones were not illegal, you could have bought that stuff otc, now they are, so for someone of this generation, if you use some type of prohormone, you would be doing something illegal, but not long ago, the same person would be saying that it was ok.. Whats going to happen if from some time on protein shakes get banned? I guess you would be calling cheaters pretty much every single athlete in the world. Some how, protein shakes are peds too, they add muscle recovery, there is a reason they are taken, of course its not the degree as some other peds, but its an exogenous help.

Its very easy to judge people from the outside, I want to see some of you critics in their place when your whole life is center about making it in the sport.

This

Then, their whole life center is wrong.

Your logic is flawed. Food (protein) is not the same as a drug. If you take a PED (D is for DRUG) it is because you have a character defect and are a cheater. There is no free lunch. Your body will pay the price.

I am sorry you can't tell the difference. You must be part of the reality show generation.

Is being so naive (is saying utterly stupid against forum rules?) to believe that PEDs aren't so rampant in mma/bjj that there is a distinction between the cheaters and the just a product of american television?
The most funny thing is Tim Kennedy, the biggest cheater in all of mma complaining about steroids.

She has a ton more muscle mass to loose. Is she trying to get to 135? I'm not sure the motivation to this extreme transformation is?

She's not going for 135. A person of her height and frame probably couldn't even make 135 and still be able to compete in any fashion.

Then, their whole life center is wrong.

Your logic is flawed. Food (protein) is not the same as a drug. If you take a PED (D is for DRUG) it is because you have a character defect and are a cheater. There is no free lunch. Your body will pay the price.

I am sorry you can't tell the difference. You must be part of the reality show generation.

so whats the difference? one is a "drug" the other comes from a food... but both are aimed to the same objective, which is improve an athletes performance (although in different degrees)

takes this example: If tomorrow some kind of superfood is designed and some who sensitized and it improves the athlete's performance 2x, but it costs 100 thousands dollar 100g.(rougly the provision for a month) Would it still be ok for athletes to use it because it comes from a natural source? even though the common athlete cannot afford such "supplement"? Wouldnt that be cheating?

Despite what you think you know, no your body wont pay the price, at least if you know wtf you are doing, athletes arent using massive amount of steroids (except bbuilders and such) you dont need them, and they are not bad for you if you dont abuse them.

character defect my ass.. go tell that to the athletes that pile medals after medals, yeah I rather have a shit ton of medals and some character defect than being "a fair" player remembered by absolutely no one.

Last edited:
Is being so naive (is saying utterly stupid against forum rules?) to believe that PEDs aren't so rampant in mma/bjj that there is a distinction between the cheaters and the just a product of american television?
The most funny thing is Tim Kennedy, the biggest cheater in all of mma complaining about steroids.

kennedy? naaahhh thats hard work braaaaa ..

kennedy? naaahhh thats hard work braaaaa ..

Developing his grab the glove trick he beat the crap out of Yoel Romero could have been hard work but actually using an illegal technique to uppercut someone a few times in the face is a far more serious cheating then just taking a PED or two.

so whats the difference? one is a "drug" the other comes from a food... but both are aimed to the same objective, which is improve an athletes performance (although in different degrees)

takes this example: If tomorrow some kind of superfood is designed and some who sensitized and it improves the athlete's performance 2x, but it costs 100 thousands dollar 100g.(rougly the provision for a month) Would it still be ok for athletes to use it because it comes from a natural source? even though the common athlete cannot afford such "supplement"? Wouldnt that be cheating?

Despite what you think you know, no your body wont pay the price, at least if you know wtf you are doing, athletes arent using massive amount of steroids (except bbuilders and such) you dont need them, and they are not bad for you if you abuse them.

character defect my ass.. go tell that to the athletes that pile medals after medals, yeah I rather have a shit ton of medals and some character defect than being "a fair" player remembered by absolutely no one.

Okay, so first thing you have to understand is what a drug is
Second is that not everything that makes you function is a drug
Not starving is a ped
Working out is a ped
Having 2 arms is a ped

I can count to potato now.

A drug is, in the broadest of terms, a chemical substance that has known biological effects on humans or other animals.[5] Foods are generally excluded from this definition, in spite of their physiological effects on animal species.[6][7][8]

In pharmacology, a drug is "a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being."[6] Pharmaceutical drugs may be used for a limited duration, or on a regular basis for chronic disorders.[9]

Psychoactive drugs are chemical substances that affect the function of the nervous system, altering perception, mood or consciousness.[10] Alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine are the most widely consumed psychoactive drugs worldwide.[11]

Recreational drugs are drugs that are not used for medicinal purposes, but are instead used for pleasure.[12] Common recreational drugs include alcohol, nicotine and caffeine, as well as other substances such as opiates and amphetamines.

Back