Media Gaethje on Sparring Cowboy “He Knocked Me Out”

Gaethje is a breath of fresh air man. No fuckin around, no posturin, no bullshit.

Only thing that I don't like about this fight is i like both of them. I'll have to make a game time decision as to who i will be pulling for.

<31>

Some things, should be left in training, but if you're the one who came out about being knocked out, then Koodos to you. Still he shouldn't be sparring that hard anyways
It happens. Cerrone did a seminar in my old gym and sparred everyone who wanted to try. He straight collapsed one dude with a well timed knee but he wasn’t trynna hurt him. He’s just good like that.

I like this fight for cowboy a lot better than the Tony fight. Tony might be the hardest guy to fight in the sport. He is so goddamn unorthodox with what he does. From his movements, to the striking. Justin is a much more straightforward traditional type of fighter.

Fight is a fight though. That could have been more in Cerrone's prime. JG has looked better than ever in his last 3 (he was 3-0 on Dustin before getting caught and the stoppage was a tad early).

He may very well return the favor.

I cant stand the fact that he lost to Alvarez and Poirier. He could have won those two fights had he fought just a little smarter.

Fight is a fight though. That could have been more in Cerrone's prime. JG has looked better than ever in his last 3 (he was 3-0 on Dustin before getting caught and the stoppage was a tad early).

You are smoking crack. Just cuz you watched the fight and let the commentary choose your opinion doesn't mean it was the right opinion. Gathje literally ate a straight and a hook as soon as he threw his leg kick that the commentary couldnt stop jerking him off enough about. Gathje lost and badly get over it.

You are smoking crack. Just cuz you watched the fight and let the commentary choose your opinion doesn't mean it was the right opinion. Gathje literally ate a straight and a hook as soon as he threw his leg kick that the commentary couldnt stop jerking him off enough about. Gathje lost and badly get over it.
I literally don’t understand what part you’re even disagreeing with

That's why I like about Justin. He tells it like it is.

Bet Cowboy is even more of a monster in practice. So far off the top of my head, he's schooled prime Guillard, Perry, and now Gaethje.

A tad early? Are you fuckin dumb?

He was most certainly NOT 3-0 he got KO'ed by Eddie Alvarez prior, and if you watched the fight, they just uploaded it for free, Dustin started looking for that straight counter over the leg kick in the second round, it landed two or more times before timing it in the 4th and countering Gaethje.

That KO wasn't luck or catching Gaethe it was repetition and timing like Gaethje's leg kicks.
I had Dustin winning 1, 2 & 3 were suuper close

I had dustin up on the scorecards, but it was a weird fight because although Dustin was winning, it just continuously felt like he was going to break under Gaethje pressure. It just felt like he was slowly getting broken down....but then he knocked Gaethje out.
That was exactly what I thought watching it. I had Dustin up, but Gaethje looked like he was about to run away with it and then BAM, fight hit a brick wall for Gaethje.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back