Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

I'm twenty minutes in and this chick is hilarious and keeps hitting the hammer on the head with her arguments.

I think I saw part 1 when it first came out then watched this one today, as it dropped. While I don't disagree with most of what she's saying, I still found the season entertaining enough.

Have to say they killed rewatchability completely.
I don't even know how they expect people to enjoy the Prequel about the White Walkers. What exactly is there to look forward to? They just aren't seen as a threat after how easily they were defeated.

Jesus Christ, can't we all just forget everything after season 4 and move on to another disappointment?

Every show that becomes super successful always has this happen unless they end production in a season. Showrunners get greedy with their hit, actors get lazy knowing they have negotiating power, everything implodes into a bare-minimum, style over substance crapfest that barely tries to keep connecting the dots it used to.

If they fired Cersei, Jaime, and Tyrion for seasons 7-8, saved some dollars for Ghost, would it even make a big difference in the grand scheme of things? What did the last 2 seasons do, except pad the showrunner's islands while they checked out to rape the corpse of Star Wars?

#AryaSlayQueen - man, fuck modern media. It's so bad it's intentional.

GRRM trolling readers of his books.

'Oh sure, please forget I released Book 5 at the end of the 1st season of the show. But I'll pretend like I haven't been pretending to be writing the books for the last 8+ years, and that the show is the reason I haven't been writing them, like there was a contractional obligation that I couldn't release the next book before the TV series was finished.'

{<diva}

Seriously, Half-Life 3 is going to be released before Winds of Winter.

And looking at twitter, its amazing how many idiots don't know it.

<{Heymansnicker}>

GRRM seems to be making a shitload of money licensing his name out to several projects, that he is supposedly working on, while neglecting the fanbase that made him famous to begin with.

At this point, book fans have only one option, a mass pledge to not pay any attention to any tv show, video game, ASOIAF side-story, or whatever else with GRRM's name on it until Winds of Winter is released.

I wish I had a sizable following on social media to get this started.

Last edited:
if you rewatch the last season as a big fuck you to the fantasy genre, its so much better

Like if its a really bad deconstructionist parody it's amazing

'Oh sure, please forget I released Book 5 at the end of the 1st season of the show. But I'll pretend like I haven't been pretending to be writing the books for the last 8+ years, and that the show is the reason I haven't been writing them, like there was a contractional obligation that I couldn't release the next book before the TV series was finished.'

{<diva}

<{Heymansnicker}>

GRRM seems to be making a shitload of money licensing his name out to several projects, that he is supposedly working on, while neglecting the fanbase that made him famous to begin with.

At this point, book fans have only one option, a mass pledge to not pay any attention to any tv show, video game, ASOIAF side-story, or whatever else with GRRM's name on it until Winds of Winter is released.

Books 4 and 5 are trash anyway. Dude hasn't released something readable in close to 20 years. Not sure why nerdos get so worked up about it.

Books 4 and 5 are trash anyway. Dude hasn't released something readable in close to 20 years. Not sure why nerdos get so worked up about it.

Because with Winds of winter shit should hit the fan

{<diva}

<{Heymansnicker}>

I go even further. Fuck GGRM. I’m not even interested anymore. The story is over.

The new shows will be all liberal intersectional nonsense.

It’s over.

You guys seem upset.

Let it go.

It's over.

I don't even know how they expect people to enjoy the Prequel about the White Walkers. What exactly is there to look forward to? They just aren't seen as a threat after how easily they were defeated.

They're fucking invincible

If the Knight King just would have stayed the fuck home and had his army call him when they were done

69236025_475349846377204_7364423299662610432_n.jpg

I go even further. Fuck GGRM. I’m not even interested anymore. The story is over.

The new shows will be all liberal intersectional nonsense.

It’s over.
There's a black chick in the prequel. While that's no issue on a personal level... it's supposed to take place in the Age of Heros. Problem with that is Westeros hadn't made contact with the Summer Isle yet in their timeline. That'd be like some random black chick walking around in pre-Roman Germania.

There's a black chick in the prequel. While that's no issue on a personal level... it's supposed to take place in the Age of Heros. Problem with that is Westeros hadn't made contact with the Summer Isle yet in their timeline. That'd be like some random black chick walking around in pre-Roman Germania.
Timeline be damned! Westeros needs diversity!

New age historical revisionists are trying to say the Germanic people were black. I’m not kidding lol.

So were the native Americans, so were the romans, the ancient Greeks, the Scottish, ancient Carthaginians, and ancient Egyptians.

And if you don’t agree with this falsehood you’re a bigot lol.They will get their way too.

Who ITT is a writer, professional or otherwise?

New age historical revisionists are trying to say the Germanic people were black. I’m not kidding lol.

So were the native Americans, so were the romans, the ancient Greeks, the Scottish, ancient Carthaginians, and ancient Egyptians.

And if you don’t agree with this falsehood you’re a bigot lol.They will get their way too.
If that's the case, then I'm actually mostly black. That means I can't be a bigot since it's my people. Just want to clarify then, what ancient country did my whiteness come from?

If that's the case, then I'm actually mostly black. That means I can't be a bigot since it's my people. Just want to clarify then, what ancient country did my whiteness come from?

<36>

You folks can turn literally any post (even one with medieval characters and flying dragons) into a racial rant. Amazing.

Back