Television Game of Thrones S08E06 Discussion Thread: Burn them all! (the writing staff) | Our Watch has ended

Hard to think of a more epic fail and fall from grace in episodic TV history.

All that really comes to mind for me are 24 and Dexter and Sons of Anarchy.

But still those weren't the sudden hairpin turn into dog shit right at the eleventh hour. Sons of Anarchy was a fairly gradual descent, and 24 / Dexter went to dog shit after season 5 and just rolled around in the poop for a few more years, by which point everybody knew they should expect poop.

With Dexter, I hate watched it for three years, hating every second of it but still taking it just to ride the damn thing out.

With 24, I almost bailed in season 6 but hung in until halfway through season 7 before I couldn't take it anymore.

With Sons of Anarchy, I spent maybe three years frustratedly enjoying it less and less until, like Dexter, I was just watching to see how it ended.

But with Game of Thrones, I was still kind of shocked at how horrible it had gotten, kind of amused and confused. It hadn't been dog shit for long enough to turn into an obligatory angry endurance test to reach the end. It had transitioned rather abruptly into dog shit, so the transition was still jarring and discombobulating when the series ended.

[QUOTE="Bob Gray, post: 159577291, member: 123265"]Reddit exists to trash things. Not really the best example. I mean, its so subjective. I could argue The Americans was a superior show. What it didnt have was the spectacle. But the quality episode by episode was astonishing.[/QUOTE]

You don't know Reddit.

Last edited:
So maybe this Covid-19 thing is a blessing in disguise. If GRRM can't do anything but sit in his house maybe he'll actually write The Winds of Winter.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Bob Gray, post: 159577291, member: 123265"]Reddit exists to trash things. Not really the best example. I mean, its so subjective. I could argue The Americans was a superior show. What it didnt have was the spectacle. But the quality episode by episode was astonishing.
You don't know Reddit.[/QUOTE]

I'm on reddit.

You want me to walk it back? Fine. Not every thread and post on reddit is hateful, and there's interesting stuff too. But let's be real here. There's a ton of haters. There's lots of haters on sherdog, this thread is literally titled "burn the writers", but it's got nothing on Reddit. And the freefolk channel is a good example of it.

So maybe this Covid-19 thing is a blessing in disguise. If GRRM can't do anything but sit in his house maybe he'll actually right The Winds of Winter.

Yup.

1000s dead and the world economy in tatters is worth it so some guy can finish the second last book of a saga he, and most fans, have lost interest in.

Duh indeed.

Maybe "It's a silver lining" would be an appropriate term, but "A blessing in disguise"? Come on.

tenor.gif

You sure showed me for making a clearly joking post.

Back