Game Services thread, v2: Ubisoft headline portends a darker gaming future

Hades is leaving? Shoot, it seems these days more games I’m interested in are leaving Gamepass than are being added to it. If it keeps up I may have to unsubscribe in another year or two.
I keep extending it for cheap but at this point I’m not sure why. See if an actual exclusive will show up in the time I have it between now and middle of next year.

I keep extending it for cheap but at this point I’m not sure why. See if an actual exclusive will show up in the time I have it between now and middle of next year.

I typically cancel and come back once a few games I want come up. Most recently I've gotten three months for like $3. Got to play Scarlet Nexus which I loved and I platted. Then I hit up hitman which I also liked but a bit burnt out on it now. I've been wanting to try DS without paying for it so this is perfect. Oh an immortals also came out which I've been wanting to try.

I'm not really into indies at all except for the rare few here and there so GP is an even harder sell for someone like me.

I typically cancel and come back once a few games I want come up. Most recently I've gotten three months for like $3. Got to play Scarlet Nexus which I loved and I platted. Then I hit up hitman which I also liked but a bit burnt out on it now. I've been wanting to try DS without paying for it so this is perfect. Oh an immortals also came out which I've been wanting to try.

I'm not really into indies at all except for the rare few here and there so GP is an even harder sell for someone like me.
LOL, wait, what? Over 200 of the games on GP are AAA games. All of Microsoft Studio's biggest productions exist as a core on the service, and rotations tend to include half a dozen games that launched with an MSRP of $60, or are otherwise considered AAA (abstract as the term is). You can sample this when you look at the upcoming additions. Many have no price set because they're still unreleased, and are debuting on GP. Some are cheaper now, but here were their launch prices. Those in green aren't just AAA, but also Xbox exclusives.
  • ($59.99) A Plague Tale: Requiem
  • ($---.---) Commandos 3: HD Remaster
  • ($59.99) Death Stranding
  • ($---.---) Disney Dreamlight Valley
  • ($19.99) Exapunks
  • ($39.99) Hello Neighbor 2
  • ($---.---) Immortality
  • ($59.99) Immortals Fenyx Rising
  • ($---.---) Midnight Fight Express
  • ($29.99) Opus: Echo of Starsong - Full Bloom Edition
  • ($59.99) Persona 5 Royal
  • ($59.99) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
  • ($59.99) Scorn
  • ($---.---) Signalis
  • ($---.---) Tinykin
  • ($39.99) Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

That's 7 out of 16 games in the rotation. You must be confusing Game Pass with Utomik.

Xbox Game Pass Friend and Family Pass officially launched in Columbia and Ireland

Fbmlx-PXoAEMd5k

First half of September's Game Pass additions

Fb-V2dgWYAA8QXw

Today
- Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Opus Magnum
- Train Sim World 3

Sept 13
- Ashes of the Singularity
- DC League of Super-Pets

Sept 14
- You Suck at Parking

Sept 15
- Despot's Game
- Metal: Hellsinger

Leaving the service soon

Fb-V3X9XwAUhTxG

If you like story driven game experiences I highly recommend The Artful Escape. Gameplay is meh but the voice acting, visuals, and experience are top notch. About to taken off Game Pass.

If you missed 'em because they were Sony exclusives, "Persona 5" is coming to GP on October 21st, and "Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch" hit the service yesterday.

I don't think I could do another NNK run, but I'm definitely gonna give P5 another run when it hits.

"Assassin's Creed: Odyssey" is also available now.

Some nice additions to make up for some more recent big exits.

If you missed 'em because they were Sony exclusives, "Persona 5" is coming to GP on October 21st, and "Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch" hit the service yesterday.

I don't think I could do another NNK run, but I'm definitely gonna give P5 another run when it hits.

"Assassin's Creed: Odyssey" is also available now.

Some nice additions to make up for some more recent big exits.

Pretty sure the second Ni No Kuni will be on the service early next year too

Game Pass's 2nd half of September line up

TW_Coming-Soon_9.20.2022-31084e3c8dbb21bce347.jpg

Available Today:
- Deathloop
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker

Available September 22:
- Beacon Pines
- Slime Rancher 2
- Spiderheck

Available September 27:
- Moonscars
- Grounded

Available September 29:
- Let's Build a Zoo
- Valheim

Available September 30:
- Paw Patrol: Grand Prix

Games leaving Game Pass September 30:
  • AI: The Somnium Files (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Astria Ascending (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Dandy Ace (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Dirt 4 (PC) EA Play
  • Dirt Rally (PC) EA Play
  • Going Under (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Lemnis Gate (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Slime Rancher (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Subnautica: Below Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Procession to Calvary (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Unsighted (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Visage (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Valheim, Deathloop, and the Grounded full release all hitting at the same time.
200w.gif

Netlifx is now building an internal games studio which will be in Helsinki alongside Next Games who they acquired this year

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/building-our-internal-games-studios

Today, I’m excited to announce that we are establishing an internal games studio in Helsinki, Finland, with Marko Lastikka as the studio director. This is another step in our vision to build a world-class games studio that will bring a variety of delightful and deeply engaging original games — with no ads and no in-app purchases — to our hundreds of millions of members around the world.

Why Helsinki? It is home to some of the best game talent in the world. This will be a games studio that we build from scratch, and our second games studio in Helsinki alongside Next Games, which became part of Netflix earlier this year. Along with Night School Studio and Boss Fight Entertainment, these four studios, each with different strengths and focus areas, will develop games that will suit the diverse tastes of our members.

It’s still early days, and we have much more work to do to deliver a great games experience on Netflix. Creating a game can take years, so I’m proud to see how we’re steadily building the foundation of our games studios in our first year, and look forward to sharing what we produce in the coming years.

Finland some of the best engineers an programmers in the world. I will save my political opinions for war room lol. Linus Benedict Torvalds lives in Portland Oregon but grew up in Finland. Case in point.
I don't see the relevance of Linux to game development. How about naming the best game studio ever headquartered in Finland, or the best game ever made there?

Does this mean I can finally start my “Old man playing No Man’s Sky” stream and monetize it?

First half of October's additions to Gamepass

TW_Coming-Soon_10.4.2022-5f5df4b89e5d39bf7e33.jpg

Available Today

Chivalry 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer, first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. You’ll be thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era – from clashing swords to storms of flaming arrows, to sprawling castle sieges and more. Charge into battle on horseback and claim glory with your blade!

Coming Soon

Medieval Dynasty (Xbox Series X|S) – October 6
Available now with PC Game Pass and coming soon to Xbox Series X|S. In Medieval Dynasty, you take on the role of a young man who has fled from war and wants to take his fate into his own hands. From being alone, inexperienced, and poor, you will develop into a master of many skills, a leader of your community, and the founder of a prosperous dynasty which is meant to last and prosper for generations to come.

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (PC) – October 6
A five-part game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic book series. Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. Experience events, meet people and visit locations that foreshadow the story of Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes.

The Walking Dead: Season Two (PC) – October 6
The Walking Dead: Season Two continues the story of Clementine, a young girl orphaned by the undead apocalypse. Left to fend for herself, she has been forced to learn how to survive in a world gone mad. Meet new survivors, explore new locations, and make gruesome decisions in this five-part game series of choice and consequence.

Costume Quest (Cloud and Console) – October 11
Rediscover Halloween in this imaginative RPG from Tim Schafer’s Double Fine Productions. Explore the monster-filled neighborhood of Auburn Pines, Autumn Haven Mall, and Fall Valley Carnival. Collect magical costumes with superpowers, unique weapons, and special items as you hunt down quests. Level-up your heroic warrior and battle the evil overlords in this epic adventure to save Halloween!

Eville (Console and PC) – October 11
Available on day one with Game Pass: Betray your friends – and lie your way to victory. In the multiplayer social deduction game Eville you find yourself in a village riddled by a series of murders. Some say it might have been you – or was it? Convince others you’re not a murderer to stay alive!

Dyson Sphere Program (PC) – October 13
Available on day one with PC Game Pass: Build the most efficient intergalactic factory in space simulation strategy game Dyson Sphere Program! Harness the power of stars, collect resources, plan and design production lines, and develop your interstellar factory from a small space workshop to a galaxy-wide industrial empire.

Scorn (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – October 14
Available on day one with Game Pass: Scorn is an atmospheric first-person horror adventure game set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry. It is designed around the idea of “being thrown into the world.” Isolated and lost inside this dream-like world, you will explore different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion.

A Plague Tale: Requiem (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – October 18
Available on day one with Game Pass: In this direct sequel to A Plague Tale: Innocence, embark on a heartrending journey into a brutal, breathtaking world, and discover the cost of saving those you love in a desperate struggle for survival. Strike from the shadows or unleash hell with a variety of weapons, tools, and unearthly powers.

In Case You Missed It

Prodeus (Cloud and Console) – Available now
Get ready to paint the walls red. Featuring a hand-crafted campaign from industry FPS veterans, over-the-top gory visuals, and a built-in community map browser for instantaneous action with nearly limitless levels to play. Prodeus is the retro shooter you’ve been waiting for.

Leaving October 15

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, so be sure to jump back in before they go! Remember to use your membership discount to save up to 20% to keep them in your library.

• Bloodroots (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Echo Generation (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Into The Pit (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Ring of Pain (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Sable (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • The Good Life (Cloud, Console, and PC)
We’ve always got more games coming – and if you’re looking for a suggestion on what to download next, you can always check out @yournextgame for some recommendations from us!

Scond half of October's Game Pass additions

TW_Coming-Soon_10.20.2022-24cab61af3426d5efc22.jpg

Amnesia: Collection (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 20
The collection contains three Amnesia titles: The Dark Descent, A Machine For Pigs, and Justine. Experience the horror that kickstarted the 'Let's Play' revolution; be immersed in three living nightmares that will chill you to the core.

Amnesia: Rebirth (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 20
A harrowing journey through desolation and despair, exploring the limits of human resilience. Uncover your past and survive the Algerian desert. Fear is your enemy; stay calm to not succumb to an illness threatening you and your loved one. Avoid darkness, hide from monsters, and solve puzzles.

Phantom Abyss (Game Preview) (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – October 20
Phantom Abyss is a massive asynchronous multiplayer game that casts players into procedurally generated temples and tasks them with retrieving the sacred relics hidden within deadly chambers. Be warned, you only get one attempt at each temple and failure or settling for a lesser relic means you will never see that temple again…

Soma (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 20
From the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent comes Soma, a sci-fi horror game set below the waves of the Atlantic Ocean. The radio is dead, food is running out, and the machines have started to think they are people. Underwater facility PATHOS-II has suffered intolerable isolation and you're going to have to make some tough decisions. What makes sense? What is left to fight for?

Persona 5 Royal (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 21
Prepare for the award-winning RPG experience in this definitive edition of Persona 5 Royal, featuring a treasure trove of downloadable content included! Don the mask of Joker and join the Phantom Thieves of Hearts as they stage grand heists, infiltrate the minds of the corrupt, and make them change their ways!

Frog Detective: The Entire Mystery (PC) – October 27
Play as The Detective in three silly mysteries! Finding clues and questioning suspects is just part of the job for such an experienced frog. Frog Detective: The Entire Mystery is a collection of all three Frog Detective cases.

Gunfire Reborn (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 27
Gunfire is a level-based adventure game featuring FPS action, roguelite gameplay and RPG elements. You'll play as one of six furry heroes, each with their own unique skills and attacks. As you play though each level, you'll be faced with challenging enemies and collect powerful loot. The more you play, the more powerful you will become!

Signalis (Cloud, Console, and PC) – October 27
Available on day on with Game Pass:
Awaken from slumber and explore a surreal retrotech world as Elster, a technician Replika searching for her lost partner and her lost dreams. Discover terrifying secrets, challenging puzzles, and nightmarish creatures in a tense and melancholic experience of cosmic dread and classic psychological survival horror.

Also leaving the service soon:

Leaving October 31
The following games will be leaving the library soon. Be sure to jump in and play these games before they go! As always, members can save up to 20% off their purchase to keep these games in their library.

• Alan Wake: American Nightmare (Console and PC)
  • Backbone (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Bassmaster Fishing 2022 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Nongunz: Doppelganger Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Project Wingman (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Second Extinction (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Sniper Elite 4 (Console and Cloud)
  • The Forgotten City (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Scond half of October's Game Pass additions

TW_Coming-Soon_10.20.2022-24cab61af3426d5efc22.jpg

Also leaving the service soon:

Nice, I’ve heard good things about Soma.
And Amnesia has been in my PS4 backlog for years, I’ve really got to get around to playing it.

Back