Games you played inside out...and would still play inside out for another x years

Nameless King

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Before you read and answer, video first:

Some games are better than others. Some gets years of development and retains very little players while other gets no development after years and still retaining high count.

What is that draws you to the game, what elements you looking for to keep coming back?

Everyone got some poison and got different criteria I guess but for me personally games that are deep in customization are the ones to go but there are few exceptions;

WoW Classic - I will sell my soul to replay classic/vanilla (not expansions) every 4-6 years (full classic experience lasts about 2 years). Its easy a game I could comfortably retire on. So much to do + guild communities which act like a 2nd family. People you actually meet with irl.

Diablo 2 - childhood memories, game that cost me a lot of health, parents arguments and at risk of failing school. Still playing today and will tomorrow although not as much as I would like due to other commitments. Dopamine shots when you find something rare and unique is everything.

Age of Empires III - was great but recent patches broke it, nerfed a lot of countries. I always played with different countries and messed with different cards and unit bonuses. Could play forever.

Other mentions: Fallout, Borderlands, RDR2, Hearthstone, USFIV

Everything else I played which is like 99% of other games not mentioned, I either finished once and never played again 80% or I started and never finished 19%.

I played many hours of Terraria. Now usually just Gunfire Reborn. Both cheap games and they have given me way more entertainment than most big production games.

I've played Splinter Cell Blacklist till my fingers bled. I just tried to perfect my stealth skills. Also Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Ghost Recon Wildlands. Man I wish I could play those games again for the first time...

Splinter Cell
FondLegitimateCicada-size_restricted.gif

Ghost Recon Future Soldier
-GRFS-_Thumbnail_-_6.jpg

Ghost Recon Wildlands
Ghost-recon.gif

Damn that video is 34 min long. lol Can't watch all that.

The game I love playing the most is perhaps Homeworld.

Just love everything about it. The story and gameplay is remarkable. Played it several times an finished it, I don't how many times now.

Classic Doom and Doom 2
Super Mario Bros. 3

I’ve been playing Doom since 1994 and I’ve been playing SMB3 since 1990. I still love them and I can imagine myself still firing them up to play for the next 30 years to come.

For old games it’s PTO IV for PS2 and Age of Empires 2. AoE 2 is kind of obvious but the other one is just the first WW2 game I played that could really get into. It’s not a very good game.

Currently it’s Ark Survival Evolved. Depending on how the sequel goes (doesn’t look promising) and it’s delayed arrival time for the PS5 I could see myself playing the first one a lot longer. I’m approximately 2000 hours in.

I have played the shitout of and still play all of these to this day but everquest

Everquest
Skyrim
Gta 3 through 5
Diablo2
Mario all stars
Super Mario world
Red dead redemption and 2
Super punch out
Golden axe
Link to the past

I don't know if call of duty should count here...it's an insane amount of hours I'm sure but spread out over multiple titles.

Skyrim
Fallout 3 & NV + 4 up until a certain point
Elden Ring
Bloodborne

Honestly, there's many games I've played TOO MANY times back in the day. Like I played MGS1 and both KOTOR games at least 12 times each.

That said, I played Witcher 3 four times within 14 months and I'm looking forward to playing it again twice after the next-gen update comes out.

But after that, I'm retiring it for at least a decade.

- All 3 Bioshock games
- Rocket League

Half Life
Resident Evil 2
Tetris DX

Baldurs Gate 1
played that game in so many ways...
I probably know almost every special item, where it can be found, what needs to be done to get great stats from the start...

Age of empires 1 & 2

Texas Hold'em Poker

Back