Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

<TrumpWrong1>

No, @KidBaize, you do not have to do this. This is fundamentally not a concern with the GTX 750.

...i don't know how you can be so certain, given the lack of psu specs. iirc, nvidia recommended 20 amps at 12v for the psu. which i'm sure is overkill, but i do recall the (single) 12v rail factoring into my psu choice.

edit: i actually looked it up

- the initial minimum requirements state a 400W psu with a minimum 12v current rating of 20 amps

but it looks like they updated and lessened the requirements https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/geforce-gtx-750/specifications/

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
...i don't know how you can be so certain, given the lack of psu specs. iirc, nvidia recommended 20 amps at 12v for the psu. which i'm sure is overkill, but i do recall the (single) 12v rail factoring into my psu choice.

- the initial minimum requirements state a 400W psu with a minimum 12v current rating of 20 amps

but it looks like they updated and lessened the requirements https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/geforce-gtx-750/specifications/

<Fedor23>

I can be certain because I understand how power delivery works. Split rails and 12V rail minimums are of no concern with this GPU. Meanwhile, NVIDIA recommendations for PSU wattage are drastically overstated in order to protect ignorant consumers (like you) from themselves.

I can be certain because I understand how power delivery works. Split rails and 12V rail minimums are of no concern with this GPU. Meanwhile, NVIDIA recommendations for PSU wattage are drastically overstated in order to protect ignorant consumers (like you) from themselves.

you really want to start another flame war, right now? especially one where you're calling someone ignorant?

<LikeReally5>

l@nd0

you really want to start another flame war, right now? especially one where you're calling someone ignorant?

<LikeReally5>

l@nd0
You just warned him of a caveat with GPUs that is entirely irrelevant to this GPU because you don't understand the deeper mechanics of power delivery. Yes, you're ignorant.

You do not possess the knowledge to dispense tech advice. Post #3236 is yet another example of this.

You just warned him of a caveat with GPUs that is entirely irrelevant to this GPU because you don't understand the deeper mechanics of power delivery. Yes, you're ignorant.

You do not possess the knowledge to dispense tech advice. Post #3236 is yet another example of this.

i pulled something from my ass from 7-8 years ago... and actually remembered it pretty spot-on. i also supported it with nvidia's own minimum system reqs at the time. i also posted nvidia's current system reqs and noted the difference.

i'm not saying his psu won't work. i'm also not saying it will work just fine (we don't even know what it is). i just brought up the 12v rail because i recall nvidia stressing its importance, back then.

sorry for mentioning nvidia's own stated minimum reqs at the time. /s

i pulled something from my ass from 7-8 years ago... and actually remembered it pretty spot-on. i also supported it with nvidia's own minimum system reqs at the time. i also posted nvidia's current system reqs and noted the difference.

i'm not saying his psu won't work. i'm also not saying it will work just fine (we don't even know what it is). i just brought up the 12v rail because i recall nvidia stressing its importance, back then.

sorry for mentioning nvidia's own stated minimum reqs at the time. /s
Congratulations, you can use Google to still be wrong.

<Fedor23>

Most, if not all, 750's didn't need external power. Some 750ti's did. If you notice in your link it says the cards are 55w, PCIE can put out 75w of power except for some SFF pc's like the Optiplex 960.

Why do you always resort to insults? Whenever someone disagrees with you, you seem to take it as a personal attack and start insulting people. You realize you run people away from these threads when you do this don't you?

iirc, nvidia recommended 20 amps at 12v for the psu. which i'm sure is overkill, but i do recall the (single) 12v rail factoring into my psu choice.

<Fedor23>

Yeah that's what the original packaging for my ASUS 750 card said (400W minimum). It's OC'd out of the box like the MSI model you posted so I thought maybe that's why, but it's also like ten years old so perhaps they were just being overly cautious.

Hey guys
I'm in the market for a 55 inch 4k TV for when I get a PS5.
Just saw this deal on best buy.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-55-class-oled-4k-uhd-smartcast-tv/6416810.p?skuId=6416810&irclickid=X:I3Nt1vExyLRsOxTSQPxVT4UkEW82SHuXne0A0&irgwc=1&ref=198&loc=CNET Media Group&acampID=0&mpid=159047

Is this a good TV for PS5? It has 120Hz refresh rate and 2 HDMI 2.1 ports, which I believe are what you want for gaming.

the specs look pretty good for console gaming... but they may have firmware issues or something

actually, it looks like it has a lot of issues with ps5 and xbox. there are workarounds, but i dunno if you really want that in a new tv.

<Fedor23>

i'm way out of the loop with tvs, though.

Last edited:
Most, if not all, 750's didn't need external power. Some 750ti's did. If you notice in your link it says the cards are 55w, PCIE can put out 75w of power except for some SFF pc's like the Optiplex 960.

Why do you always resort to insults? Whenever someone disagrees with you, you seem to take it as a personal attack and start insulting people. You realize you run people away from these threads when you do this don't you?
TBF he doesn't do that with everyone, just the people he's had past arguments with and he holds a grudge forever.....Especially if he knows he's wrong, he'll stalk you from thread-to-thread then randomly link to a conversation from an unrelated thread where he thinks he's won an argument.

He's quite an amusing character.

It has 120Hz refresh rate and 2 HDMI 2.1 ports, which I believe are what you want for gaming

Console and Pc gaming still differ on display. Default input device for consoles(controller) isnt fast enough to warrant above 60hz displays with vsync off. Plus in Pc gaming Displayport is used for audio isnt needed on the display adapter. Game developers also design/port their titles to run at 60fps on consoles.

TBF he doesn't do that with everyone, just the people he's had past arguments with and he holds a grudge forever.....Especially if he knows he's wrong, he'll stalk you from thread-to-thread then randomly link to a conversation from an unrelated thread where he thinks he's won an argument.

You must be new here.
tenor.gif

I've been in the trenches for years...
So, I take it you've been stalked for years.

You poor man, you have my deepest sympathies.

But since this is a gaming discussion, I just looked on Ebay and saw that Rx 590s used are going for more now than what I purchased mine for new last year. I think I got mine for like 170 and they're pulling in around 300ish now.

I've been in the trenches for years...

Mick is one of the most paradoxical posters on all of Sherdog. On the one hand he’s very knowledgeable and extremely helpful to anyone looking for information about PC hardware, gaming deals, you name it. I consider him a subject matter expert. He’s almost like the Dragonlordxxxxx of this sub forum IMO, but instead of movie news it’s anything computer or console related. The guy can be a real godsend for some of us some of the time. BUT, and this is a huge BUT, he’s also a mean son of a bitch, which holds him back from being as beloved as Dragonlordxxxxx is in the Mayberry.

I remember in 2017 I was arguing with someone about the NES classic. Whoever it was basically was saying why bother getting one, just get an emulator on your PC. I said I didn’t have a PC (which was mostly true, I had a laptop but only for work purposes) so for me it was a worthwhile purchase. About six months later I was mention something about some games that I owned on my Steam account (I had a steam account since 2004 when I still had a desktop even though I stopped having a desktop in 2012) and in swoops Mick from out of nowhere to quote my earlier posts from the other thread six months earlier where I said I didn’t have a PC and he starts calling me out for being a liar. It was a really random attack because I wasn’t even talking directly to him in EITHER thread. :confused:

So, I take it you've been stalked for years.

You poor man, you have my deepest sympathies.

But since this is a gaming discussion, I just looked on Ebay and saw that Rx 590s used are going for more now than what I purchased mine for new last year. I think I got mine for like 170 and they're pulling in around 300ish now.

It doesn't bother me tbh.

I can usually get ahead of trends in the used market and I've been able to capitalize on them. I think prices are going to go up by another 15% in a couple months, there doesn't look to be an end to the shortage anytime soon. Right now I'm sitting on an RX460, a couple of RX470's, an RX570, and a GTX1070.

It doesn't bother me tbh.

I can usually get ahead of trends in the used market and I've been able to capitalize on them. I think prices are going to go up by another 15% in a couple months, there doesn't look to be an end to the shortage anytime soon. Right now I'm sitting on an RX460, a couple of RX470's, an RX570, and a GTX1070.
What about memory? I have a 16 gb set of 3600 mhz corsair vengeance lying around, think the price of memory is on the rise as well?

Mick is one of the most paradoxical posters on all of Sherdog. On the one hand he’s very knowledgeable and extremely helpful to anyone looking for information about PC hardware, gaming deals, you name it. I consider him a subject matter expert. He’s almost like the Dragonlordxxxxx of this sub forum IMO, but instead of movie news it’s anything computer or console related. The guy can be a real godsend for some of us some of the time. BUT, and this is a huge BUT, he’s also a mean son of a bitch, which holds him back from being as beloved as Dragonlordxxxxx is in the Mayberry.

I remember in 2017 I was arguing with someone about the NES classic. Whoever it was basically was saying why bother getting one, just get an emulator on your PC. I said I didn’t have a PC (which was mostly true, I had a laptop but only for work purposes) so for me it was a worthwhile purchase. About six months later I was mention something about some games that I owned on my Steam account (I had a steam account since 2004 when I still had a desktop even though I stopped having a desktop in 2012) and in swoops Mick from out of nowhere to quote my earlier posts from the other thread six months earlier where I said I didn’t have a PC and he starts calling me out for being a liar. It was a really random attack because I wasn’t even talking directly to him in EITHER thread. :confused:

He is a great poster just don't know why he snaps at people when he could easily explain why they are wrong.