Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

I do, I have a 3070.
Have you tried another HDMI cable? I know the 3070 has an HDMI 2.1 port, but maybe the cable you're using for the video card isn't up to it. Might be worth it to check if it happens using the same cable that's hooked up to your PS5.

Have you tried another HDMI cable? I know the 3070 has an HDMI 2.1 port, but maybe the cable you're using for the video card isn't up to it. Might be worth it to check if it happens using the same cable that's hooked up to your PS5.
I swapped it last night with a brand new 2.1 cable I ordered a couple of months ago, same issue.

It’s on, that tv is G-Sync compatible as well.

Have you tried turning it off to see if the same thing happens? I know you said everything has been updated but does that include the TV as well?

It’s on, that tv is G-Sync compatible as well.

Try turning it off. G-Sync only works in a specified FPS range, I don't recall the numbers off hand. If the FPS drops below a certain number, it can cause your screen to go black.
Have you tried turning off all the TV enhancements like Live Plus, quick start, etc? @Madmick would be the one to ask which settings to turn off.
Are you using your TV in PC mode? I'm assuming the C9 has one.
Have you checked to make sure there aren't any updates for your tv as well?

Have you tried turning it off to see if the same thing happens? I know you said everything has been updated but does that include the TV as well?
Try turning it off. G-Sync only works in a specified FPS range, I don't recall the numbers off hand. If the FPS drops below a certain number, it can cause your screen to go black.
Have you tried turning off all the TV enhancements like Live Plus, quick start, etc? @Madmick would be the one to ask which settings to turn off.
Haven’t tried turning G-Sync off, I’ll try that. My FPS is running at a solid 120, only time I see a drop is during cutscenes but that’s not when it’s happening.

TV is up to date, it’s set to PC mode but I’ll look into the settings as well. I usually leave that stuff off as it is but maybe there’s something still affecting it.

@Dizzy having to go to @Madmick for help?

Majic-Johnson-Confused-Popcorn-Gif.gif

There’s always Reddit lol

He’s generally helpful when opinions aren’t involved.

Oh for sure, @Madmick is far and away one of the most knowledgeable and helpful posters we have, it’s just amusing to think about you and him having to reach across the aisle for anything as you guys have a fairly notorious relationship.

I guess it could be worse, it could be you or Mick having to break bread together with @rob mafia

@Dizzy having to go to @Madmick for help?

Majic-Johnson-Confused-Popcorn-Gif.gif

unless one of them is a high school girl, they should still be able to have a conversation.
I’ve butted heads with Mick a lot on here but once that argument is done, you put it behind you and move on like men.
There’s no sense in holding a grudge on an online forum because, well, it’s an online forum.

unless one of them is a high school girl, they should still be able to have a conversation.
I’ve butted heads with Mick a lot on here but once that argument is done, you put it behind you and move on like men.
There’s no sense in holding a grudge on an online forum because, well, it’s an online forum.
Unless someone is a genuine piece of shit, of which there are many here, I don’t really care.

Oh for sure, @Madmick is far and away one of the most knowledgeable and helpful posters we have, it’s just amusing to think about you and him having to reach across the aisle for anything as you guys have a fairly notorious relationship.

I guess it could be worse, it could be you or Mick having to break bread together with @rob mafia

i mean...

XaGJEVb.jpg

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gaming-pcs/8/228544/4k-tv-black-screen-flicker/

@Dizzy Check this thread out. There are a couple of posters that mention LG tvs and seem to have fixed their issues with Display Port to HDMI adapters.
Interesting, would be disappointing if it’s an issue with my tv as I haven’t had any with the PS5.

Good looking out though, I’ll try some solutions before I go down that road. Thankfully my issue only happens once or twice during a 2-3 hour session.

Interesting, would be disappointing if it’s an issue with my tv as I haven’t had any with the PS5.

Good looking out though, I’ll try some solutions before I go down that road. Thankfully my issue only happens once or twice during a 2-3 hour session.
To be clear, there are a number of tvs mentioned in that thread. Seems to be an nvidia thing, if anything. I just happened to see a post from a guy with an LG that specified that fix.

I noticed there was a setting left unchecked for G-Sync, something about extending it to all displays. I checked that and I haven’t had a single issue in a few hours of playing. Not sure if that did it but doesn’t appear to be an issue.

Apple finally revealed the new Apple TV 4K with A12 chip, but didn't mention using it for video games. Orders start 4/30 for May delivery.

Has HDMI 2.1 port, but doesn't boast 120 fps where some speculate it might come later via OS update.

My existing HDMI cables packaging says "HDMI with Ethernet". I'm guessing that's not HDMI 2.1. Is there some color coding on the cables themselves to indicate if it's HDMI 2.1?

Last edited:
Apple finally revealed the new Apple TV 4K with A12 chip, but didn't mention using it for video games. Orders start 4/30 for May delivery.

Has HDMI 2.1 port, but doesn't boast 120 fps where some speculate it might come later via OS update.

My existing HDMI cables packaging says "HDMI with Ethernet". I'm guessing that's not HDMI 2.1. Is there some color coding on the cables themselves to indicate if it's HDMI 2.1?
On dark cables there is usually white print, and on light cables there is usually black print. If it says "Ultra High Speed" it is an HDMI 2.1.

Here is an HDMI 1.4 cable. It only says "High Speed".
2197-00.jpg

Saw an article last night saying Best Buy is having 4 day console game sale. Will try to buy Jedi Fallen Order for $20.

In the previous video I guess a lot of Sherdoggers claimed the boxes where empty lol.

Unity is getting DLSS later this year.

Unity Plans to Add Native Support for Nvidia DLSS by the End of the Year
Nvidia announced that native support for its Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) technology would be added to the Unity game engine by the end of the year. That integration will make DLSS part of two leading engines—Unity and Unreal Engine—used to develop games for practically every device on the market.

DLSS just got added to COD Warzone and oh boy, look at those 4k gains!
78906_06_cod-warzone-gets-dlss-update-gigantic-performance-improvements_full.jpg

78906_05_cod-warzone-gets-dlss-update-gigantic-performance-improvements_full.jpg

78906_04_cod-warzone-gets-dlss-update-gigantic-performance-improvements_full.jpg