Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

This looks wild too bad GPU's cost 7 million dollars.

Last edited:
DLSS just got added to COD Warzone and oh boy, look at those 4k gains!
78906_06_cod-warzone-gets-dlss-update-gigantic-performance-improvements_full.jpg

78906_05_cod-warzone-gets-dlss-update-gigantic-performance-improvements_full.jpg

78906_04_cod-warzone-gets-dlss-update-gigantic-performance-improvements_full.jpg
I get that the 2080ti and 3070 are basically equivalent cards but why do they trade performance back and forth?

Does anyone have any experience playing with gaming keypads?
Thinking about picking up this:

Razer Tartarus v2 Gaming Keypad: Mecha-Membrane Key Switches - 32 Programmable Keys - Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting - Programmable Macros - Classic Black

71r3ktfakgL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I've been a console gamer since the NES days so I absolutly suck trying to play FPS games on a keyboard without the muscle sense memory to go along with it. Using the mouse for aim/fire is great, but god damn do I suck trying to use a keyboard for movment and any addition keys for stuff like reloading, jumpling, dodging, etc. I'm fine if there isn't a ton going on, but as soon as the action ramps up, I'll straight up miss keys or my hand will shift and I'll be off by a column and get completly smashed.

I really like the idea that this has an analog thumb control for movment so I can keep the familiar console movement with the percision of the mouse for aiming.

Razer Tartarus v2 Gaming Keypad: Mecha-Membrane Key Switches - 32 Programmable Keys - Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting - Programmable Macros - Classic Black

I've been a console gamer since the NES days so I absolutly suck trying to play FPS games on a keyboard without the muscle sense memory to go along with it. Using the mouse for aim/fire is great, but god damn do I suck trying to use a keyboard for movment and any addition keys for stuff like reloading, jumpling, dodging, etc. I'm fine if there isn't a ton going on, but as soon as the action ramps up, I'll straight up miss keys or my hand will shift and I'll be off by a column and get completly smashed.

I really like the idea that this has an analog thumb control for movment so I can keep the familiar console movement with the percision of the mouse for aiming.

Keep using your keyboard and mouse, you'll get the hang of it.
And never buy Razer products, they're overpriced garbage.

Keep using your keyboard and mouse, you'll get the hang of it.
And never buy Razer products, they're overpriced garbage.

What's a good brand for accessories? I think one of my problems is playing on a laptop and the keys are so smooth and barely come up from the keyboard that it's hard to keep my fingers in the "home" position while gaming. I even went as far as putting adhesive brail stickers on certain keys to add texture to aid in proper finger placement without having to look down, but I still end up drifting away. Even with a basic keyboard at work, I much prefer the classic feel of the concaved keys and my hands never drift out of the home position.

I still like the idea of a gaming keypad for the more classic buttons and portability to take it with me when I travel for work. Don't think I'm interested in a full gaming keyboard.

Would love to try a left-handed version of this (my right hand will be using this)...

What's a good brand for accessories? I think one of my problems is playing on a laptop and the keys are so smooth and barely come up from the keyboard that it's hard to keep my fingers in the "home" position while gaming. I even went as far as putting adhesive brail stickers on certain keys to add texture to aid in proper finger placement without having to look down, but I still end up drifting away. Even with a basic keyboard at work, I much prefer the classic feel of the concaved keys and my hands never drift out of the home position.

I still like the idea of a gaming keypad for the more classic buttons and portability to take it with me when I travel for work. Don't think I'm interested in a full gaming keyboard.

For a mainstream brand that's available around the world, you can't go wrong with Logitech stuff.
If you're looking for a mouse, don't just buy what everyone recommends. Buy something that fits your hand. There's hundreds of different shapes, sizes, etc. Here's a great resource that helps people find one that will fit their hands.
Keyboards also have different types of switches. They have different noise levels, amount of force needed to activate the key, etc. Your best option is to go to someplace like Best Buy and try all the different types of switches, figure out which one you like, and then look for a keyboard that uses those switches.

If you're looking for something portable, there's 60% keyboards that cut off all the clutter.
01LnwPzDtlJP9XzLBk9qdbq-1..1613506210.png

For a mainstream brand that's available around the world, you can't go wrong with Logitech stuff.
If you're looking for a mouse, don't just buy what everyone recommends. Buy something that fits your hand. There's hundreds of different shapes, sizes, etc. Here's a great resource that helps people find one that will fit their hands.
Keyboards also have different types of switches. They have different noise levels, amount of force needed to activate the key, etc. Your best option is to go to someplace like Best Buy and try all the different types of switches, figure out which one you like, and then look for a keyboard that uses those switches.

If you're looking for something portable, there's 60% keyboards that cut off all the clutter.
01LnwPzDtlJP9XzLBk9qdbq-1..1613506210.png
Logitech's customer service is pretty good too. I had their tenkeyless mechanical keyboard and some of the lights on certain keys quit working with blue. I didn't even care that much, but considering the price of the thing I figured I'd see if I could get it replaced. All I had to do was take a couple of pictures and a video and they sent me a replacement.

I guess this was a problem with their Romer-G switches so the replacement has clicky switches, but I got used to the noise pretty fast.

Logitech's customer service is pretty good too. I had their tenkeyless mechanical keyboard and some of the lights on certain keys quit working with blue. I didn't even care that much, but considering the price of the thing I figured I'd see if I could get it replaced. All I had to do was take a couple of pictures and a video and they sent me a replacement.

I guess this was a problem with their Romer-G switches so the replacement has clicky switches, but I got used to the noise pretty fast.

I've used a lot of Logitech products over the years but I've never had to use Logitech's customer support. From what I've seen over the years on forums and such I haven't seen many complaints about them. Every once in awhile they have a turd, but that's most companies.
The RGB dying on keyboards is an across the board issue, they all have issues with it. I remember watching a video with a guy from Corsair a couple years ago and he claimed that a vast majority of their warranty claims for keyboards were for RGB issues.

Anyone else getting the Nahimic companion installer bullshit keep popping up? It doesn't show up in Windows add/remove, it doesn't show up in Revo, and it's not in the Start Up apps but it pops up every time I start my computer.

32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600MHz CAS18 Patriot RAM (with Intel XMP 2.0) via Newegg on a major sale for $134.99 after the coupon code discount. Sale ends in 13 hrs. Unsurprisingly, it's the top trender on BPCS. Just be aware this is relatively tall RAM-- 44.4mm-- if you have any clearance concerns.
https://www.newegg.com/patriot-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820225258
20-225-258-V04.jpg

Yeah, I had an original Nostromo when they were made by Belkin. I believe it was called the N52 Speedpad or something like that. I never really used it enough to get completely used to it and I remember thinking at the time that I just preferred using the tradition keyboard.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying the device in your picture, though.

I can't believe there's still such a big video card shortage.

I'm delaying my next desktop purchases until they sorts this crap out.

I can't believe there's still such a big video card shortage.

I'm delaying my next desktop purchases until they sorts this crap out.

Is there even a reliable estimate when that will be?

Is there even a reliable estimate when that will be?
It won't relent until there is a crash of the crypto market, so that's impossible to forecast.

But NVIDIA and AMD have both admitted it won't be better for the rest of 2021 because the demand for consoles & the latest gen GPUs is already so high that even without the crypto-fuckfaces they can't keep up.

It won't relent until there is a crash of the crypto market, so that's impossible to forecast.

But NVIDIA and AMD have both admitted it won't be better for the rest of 2021 because the demand for consoles & the latest gen GPUs is already so high that even without the crypto-fuckfaces they can't keep up.

My god the rest of 2021? Insane. I’m so glad I got my 3080 when I did. It was already bad then but has only gotten worse.