Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

Does anyone have any recommendations on monitors? Again thanks to everyone for their input
I have the ASUS TUF VG27AQ and really like it. But granted I went from gaming with an Xbox on a 4K smarttv and not monitor to what I run now so most anything would be an increase for me. Yes, I know the TUF series is techincally ASUS budget gaming series.

The basic specs:
2560 x 1440 WQHD 2k (so resolution is less than my TV but....)
1 ms Response Time
165 Hz Refresh
2 x HDMI 2.0 and 1 DisplayPort 1.2 input (so I have my PC and my XBox running on it
2 Watt Stereo RMS Speakers (they suck but I always game with a headset so it doesn't matter)
Adaptive-SYNC Supported
G-SYNC COmpatible
HDR10 Compatible
It has that ASUS Eye Care with ultra low-blue light an flicker free tech
VESA mount compatible if that interests you.

I like this stupid thing so much I am really debating getting a second and mounting them both so I can run dual monitors. That way I can stop using my ASUS TUF laptop as my PC to stream off of and could use my tower PC instead which is better suited for that sort of thing.

Alright my build is getting refined, thanks to @Madmick and @rob mafia and really, all of you. Here's what I'm looking at:

Ryzen 7 5800X
Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 3080 Ti
Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro AC AM4 Socket
G. Skill Trident Neo 2x16GB DDR4 3800
Corsair HX Series 1000W 80 Plus Platinum
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSD PCI-E
Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CPU Cooler
Corsair Crystal 570X Black Tempered Glass

https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-7-5800x/p/N82E16819113665?Description=Ryzen 7 5800X&cm_re=Ryzen_7 5800X-_-19-113-665-_-Product&quicklink=true
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-gv-n308tgaming-oc-12gd/p/N82E16814932436
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b550-aorus-pro-ac/p/N82E16813145216?Description=Aorus Pro AC&cm_re=Aorus_Pro AC-_-13-145-216-_-Product&quicklink=true
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820374099?quicklink=true
https://www.newegg.com/corsair-hx-series-hx1000-cp-9020139-na-1000w/p/N82E16817139204?Description=Corsair HX Series 1000W&cm_re=Corsair_HX Series 1000W-_-17-139-204-_-Product&quicklink=true
https://www.newegg.com/samsung-1tb-980-pro/p/N82E16820147790
https://www.newegg.com/corsair-liquid-cooling-system-icue-h150i-elite-capellix/p/N82E16835181203
https://www.newegg.com/mirror-black-corsair-crystal-series-570x-rgb-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811139115?Description=Corsair Crystal 570X&cm_re=Corsair_Crystal 570X-_-11-139-115-_-Product&quicklink=true

Total so far is $3409.87. I've heard varying things about PSU, some saying a 3080 Ti only needs 750W. I don't... know how I feel about that. I've been using either 750 or even 850 since 2015 for my GTX 1080.
Also is 1TB alright for an SSD? I've heard that it's good to have an SSD for your Windows install, and then to put your games on a secondary, larger hard drive. That's what I did for my current rig, but that could be an outdated principle.
Finally, I will need a new monitor. I'd like a 1440p with 1ms, but I guess it's not urgent right now. Maybe I'll hold off on that, but I've heard a good monitor is crucial for a gaming build these days. Right now I can only do 1080p unless I use my TV which is fucking enormous, and I don't know how to work that into my gaming setup.

Feedback wanted! Remember I'm trying to root out bottlenecks. Thank you sherbros!

Are you planning on running RGB fans (assuming so based on your case)? What kind of fans are you going to be running? Since you already have a Corsair ICUE Cooler I think you might be leaning on a using the Corsair ICUE software to control the lights and fans? If so then you need to buy Corsair RGB fans. More expensive but worth it IMO. The ICUE software is a bit of a resource hog though but if you want control over everything with one software then that's the way to go. You also won't be able to control the RGB on the Tridents. They are your best options since they are the fastest memory with RGB lighting.

Are you planning on running RGB fans (assuming so based on your case)? What kind of fans are you going to be running? Since you already have a Corsair ICUE Cooler I think you might be leaning on a using the Corsair ICUE software to control the lights and fans? If so then you need to buy Corsair RGB fans. More expensive but worth it IMO. The ICUE software is a bit of a resource hog though but if you want control over everything with one software then that's the way to go. You also won't be able to control the RGB on the Tridents. They are your best options since they are the fastest memory with RGB lighting.

I actually updated with better memory, some Ripjaw 4000 speed.

Right now the deciding factor is the video card. If I pay $200.00 more I can get it now. I feel... slightly confident just waiting on my original bid, that the seller will eventually come down. If so, I'll get everything for less than $3,000.00, which would be a lock for me since about a month ago I was looking at over $5,000.00.

It's actually thanks to you guys that I was able to optimize this build. You all have provided amazing feedback for me, and if I get all this together you'll see pics.

I have to get a new monitor though, which will likely add another $300.00. Another reason why I would really like to get the RTX 3080 Ti at my preferred price. I guess that's one of those profoundly stupid things to say-- everyone wants their stuff for less of course.

Intel in Talks To Buy GlobalFoundries for $30 Billion: Report

According to a report from the Wall Street Journal citing people familiar with the matter, Intel is in talks to buy GlobalFoundries for roughly $30 billion. Intel has not confirmed the report, but if true, the plan would intercept GlobalFoundries' widely-reported plans for an IPO later this year. We reached out to Intel about the report and the company responded that it does not comment on rumors and speculation.

The news comes on the heels of recent reports that Intel is in talks to buy RISC-V chip designer SiFive for $2 billion as it undergoes a major restructuring effort under new CEO Pat Gelsinger.

Intel's rumored buy-out plan also comes as it lobbies the US government for subsidies to boost its manufacturing capabilities, particularly to help fund its IDM 2.0 initiative that will find it producing chips for other companies through a newly-formed Intel Foundry Services (IFS). Intel has pledged $20 billion of its own money to kick-start that initiative with two fabs in Arizona.

Acquiring GlobalFoundries would be an immediate shot in the arm for that initiative, particularly because it would bring in experienced leadership teams and an already-healthy third-party foundry business. GlobalFoundries' production capacity of trailing-edge nodes, which are the largest volume movers for most third-party fabs, would also fit well with Intel's plans to begin offering its manufacturing services to other parties.

Intel in Talks To Buy GlobalFoundries for $30 Billion: Report

According to a report from the Wall Street Journal citing people familiar with the matter, Intel is in talks to buy GlobalFoundries for roughly $30 billion. Intel has not confirmed the report, but if true, the plan would intercept GlobalFoundries' widely-reported plans for an IPO later this year. We reached out to Intel about the report and the company responded that it does not comment on rumors and speculation.

The news comes on the heels of recent reports that Intel is in talks to buy RISC-V chip designer SiFive for $2 billion as it undergoes a major restructuring effort under new CEO Pat Gelsinger.

Intel's rumored buy-out plan also comes as it lobbies the US government for subsidies to boost its manufacturing capabilities, particularly to help fund its IDM 2.0 initiative that will find it producing chips for other companies through a newly-formed Intel Foundry Services (IFS). Intel has pledged $20 billion of its own money to kick-start that initiative with two fabs in Arizona.

Acquiring GlobalFoundries would be an immediate shot in the arm for that initiative, particularly because it would bring in experienced leadership teams and an already-healthy third-party foundry business. GlobalFoundries' production capacity of trailing-edge nodes, which are the largest volume movers for most third-party fabs, would also fit well with Intel's plans to begin offering its manufacturing services to other parties.
Government is behind this one and likely helping with the purchase not surprising it will allow Intel to get additional capacity and a move to 10nm production capacity as well as possibly 7nm. Apple or Nvidia could try to play spoil sport and try to get it. Nvidia still trying to buy ARM could drop its efforts to secure more production capacity. Who knows what happens to Taiwan with China moves in the future. TSMC could move its whole operation to the US and try to buy GlobalFoundries Intel opened the door.

Government is behind this one and likely helping with the purchase not surprising it will allow Intel to get additional capacity and a move to 10nm production capacity as well as possibly 7nm. Apple or Nvidia could try to play spoil sport and try to get it. Nvidia still trying to buy ARM could drop its efforts to secure more production capacity. Who knows what happens to Taiwan with China moves in the future. TSMC could move its whole operation to the US and try to buy GlobalFoundries Intel opened the door.

<Varys01>

I told people Intel was seeking to go big in making chips an moving to 3rd party manufacturing got a stupid meme face from you yet here we are now. I said Intel wants to expand manufacturing to move to 7nm another meme face from you.

Anytime I mention TSMC in a negative manor you go to negative comments. Do you hold shares in TSMC? an no I don't own Intel shares.

This gets better going way back to 2014 I believe I said buy AMD shares at the time briefly at 1.25 a share "reason was IP of AMD. Intel does not lack the skills to move to 7 or 5nm manufacturing.

It's because the former CEO was so bad at understanding the market an chip demand new CEO moving Intel back. Apple will have to ether go all in an build plants or aquire someone like GlobalFoundries with their experience.

I told people Intel was seeking to go big

you said go big, not glo fo.

and why the fuck would nvidia want glofo? intel apparently wanting it looks like waving a white flag, anyway. it's kind of insane - both from an antitrust standpoint and positional. but nvidia isn't even a fab and wouldn't want a fab that they can't really utilize at all. you don't know what you're talking about.

in making chips an moving to 3rd party manufacturing got a stupid meme face from you yet here we are now. I said Intel wants to expand manufacturing to move to 7nm another meme face from you.

yeah, this is a contradiction. in fact, it's two contradictions. your argument is schizo.

Anytime I mention TSMC in a negative manor you go to negative comments. Do you hold shares in TSMC? an no I don't own Intel shares.

This gets better going way back to 2014 I believe I said buy AMD shares at the time briefly at 1.25 a share "reason was IP of AMD. Intel does not lack the skills to move to 7 or 5nm manufacturing.

are you accusing me of shit-talking you about this in 2014? i didn't even post in this subforum then.

Apple will have to ether go all in an build plants or aquire someone like GlobalFoundries

...what are you talking about?

<Huh2>

out of curiosity, do you even know what glofo does?

So whats the next financial year looking like. What are AMD, Nvidia and Intel bringing to the table to make me wanna start upgrading my PC again after 5 months of not doing it.

Sorry I didn't get this info out earlier but I just got word of it myself.

Best Buy will sell RTX 30-series cards in stores early Tuesday morning

"On Tuesday, July 20, select Best Buy locations around the US will have limited quantities of Nvidia Geforce RTX 30-series cards available for in-store purchase. If you've been searching for an elusive RTX 3080 Ti or any other RTX 30-series card on the Best Buy site, you may have noticed the 'In-Store Only Event' tag appear on some of the product listings. The notice links to a page that details this early morning opportunity to buy an RTX 30-series GPU. "

Store list here...

NVIDIA GeForce RTX Graphics Cards - Best Buy

Best Buy to sell RTX 30-series cards in stores early Tuesday morning | PC Gamer

They won't have any where I am, so happy hunting Sherbros.

Sorry I didn't get this info out earlier but I just got word of it myself.

Best Buy will sell RTX 30-series cards in stores early Tuesday morning

"On Tuesday, July 20, select Best Buy locations around the US will have limited quantities of Nvidia Geforce RTX 30-series cards available for in-store purchase. If you've been searching for an elusive RTX 3080 Ti or any other RTX 30-series card on the Best Buy site, you may have noticed the 'In-Store Only Event' tag appear on some of the product listings. The notice links to a page that details this early morning opportunity to buy an RTX 30-series GPU. "

Store list here...

NVIDIA GeForce RTX Graphics Cards - Best Buy

Best Buy to sell RTX 30-series cards in stores early Tuesday morning | PC Gamer

They won't have any where I am, so happy hunting Sherbros.

200w.gif

So whats the next financial year looking like. What are AMD, Nvidia and Intel bringing to the table to make me wanna start upgrading my PC again after 5 months of not doing it.
Damn, already?? LOL

Yeah that's true but I usually wait at least a year haha.
All my friends are upgrading now. Rookie error to do it at the EOFY. I'll wait until about January, but I wanna see what goodies are coming.

All my friends are upgrading now. Rookie error to do it at the EOFY. I'll wait until about January, but I wanna see what goodies are coming.
My last kinda major upgrade was my new boot drive. Got the Samsung 980 Pro PCIE Gen 4.0 500gb. Got it from CentreCom.

My last kinda major update was my new boot drive. Got the Samsung 980 Pro PCIE Gen 4.0 500gb. Got it from CentreCom.
Yeah I picked up one of the TB ones on sale. They're great. I want to buy a new case but I cbf moving everything again.

Yeah I picked up one of the TB ones on sale. They're great. I want to buy a new case but I cbf moving everything again.
Yeah I also ended up getting a 1TB Seagate Barracuda PCIE drive a few months ago as well. It was a pretty good deal imo.

Is it for aesthetic reasons or do you want better airflow etc?

Yeah I also ended up getting a 1TB Seagate Barracuda PCIE drive a few months ago as well. It was a pretty good deal imo.

Is it for aesthetic reasons or do you want better airflow etc?
I've already got one of the best airflow cases. I actually have a case here @jefferz recommended. But I never got around to using it. Its more to put a bigger watercooler in.