Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

I heard

that grill belongs on a muscle car, I like it! Also very refreshing after thousands of identical shitty rgb stuff.
Yeah I like this design better than any of the other ones, especially that grill. It's badass.

Yeah I like this design better than any of the other ones, especially that grill. It's badass.
I wish we got more variety in PC part design, since so many cases have see-through side walls.
As of now, 99% of parts look like they were designed by a 13 y.o. kid.

Huge if true

AMD CEO Lisa Su rumored to leave, eyeing CEO role at IBM Lisa Su rumored to be thinking of leaving AMD, in the hopes of becoming CEO and President of IBM
Prepare the salt because this rumor is a juicy one, but AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su is reportedly looking at leaving the company and joining IBM. Shock horror, right? The latest rumor from WCCFTech is a big one, and something I've heard whispers (but didn't want to believe them) of, too.
According to sources of Usman Pirzada from WCCFTech: "Lisa Su is eyeing the #2 position at IBM with the eventual goal to end up as CEO and President of IBM, replacing Ginni Rometty. The advanced groundwork for this transition has apparently already been laid down as you will read further in this article. While I do not know the exact reasons for why Lisa would choose IBM of all companies to move to, I am told that this is something that she has wanted for a very long time". There is a big launch of AMD's new EPYC Rome CPUs tomorrow and according to Pirzada, Lisa will leave the company after Rome launches in the fall. The post continues suggesting that ex-Synaptics CEO Rick Bergman who recently joined AMD as the new boss of the PC and semi-custom business, could replace Lisa when she exits.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/66933/amd-ceo-lisa-su-rumored-leave-eyeing-role-ibm/index.html

She's already debunked it

She's already debunked it

giphy.gif

I wish we got more variety in PC part design, since so many cases have see-through side walls.
As of now, 99% of parts look like they were designed by a 13 y.o. kid.

Video cards have gone off the deep end. Nothing can be straight, there has to be angles everywhere. Nothing is flat either.
I'm hoping Sapphire comes out with a Pulse version of the 5700 xt
14-202-278-V05.jpg

Edit: *sigh*
GeyQn2KnbCSJQj82.jpg

kY1XFZZ53vz6oaGI.jpg

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Video cards have gone off the deep end. Nothing can be straight, there has to be angles everywhere. Nothing is flat either.
14-202-278-V05.jpg
Yup. Angles, screaming colors, RGB. Apply to everything.

giphy.gif

14-202-278-V05.jpg

Edit: *sigh*
GeyQn2KnbCSJQj82.jpg

kY1XFZZ53vz6oaGI.jpg

Don't get too excited because CEO's cannot reveal if they are considering a move. She is tied to her contract with AMD. She had to make this statement denying she was contacted by IBM if it even happened.

She could have been in legal jeopardy if she had admitted she has been contacted an was thinking about it. This being said she has said in the past that her reasoning to accept a contract with AMD an continue working for them was remaining in Austin TX.

IBM job would have required her to move to New York another is a Wall Street rumor that Red Hat CEO has been targeted to become Ginni replacement at IBM. IBM has acquired Red Hat for 34 billion dollars an has been migrating their applications over to Red Hat Enterprise.

With IBM accelerating their move to more Enterprise cloud based applications Red Hats CEO seems a better fit. He took Red Hat from 10 million a year business to multibillion dollar business with very high profit margins.

No doubt he makes a better fit for the company an makes more sense for cloud integration. Lisa no doubt after turning AMD around is going to be targeted by many big companies.

@MadDildo not sure if this should be here, but I have a friend looking to buy a new TV his choices are the following
Samsung
https://www.samsung.com/levant/tvs/uhdtv-nu7300/UA65NU7300RXTW/

and
LG
https://www.lg.com/ph/tvs/lg-65UM7500PPA

both have similar price points one is a curved tv.
Rtings has reviewed that exact Samsung model line:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/nu7300
But only the predecessor to that LG series:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/um7300

Looks to me like the LG is the clear winner, especially if he's a gamer.

For Android gamers, I highlighted the debut of the Asus ROG Phone II several pages back. I didn't get to it yesterday, but the Goliath of Android, Samsung, announced its new flagship offering. This will be available in the US in about two weeks on August 23rd.

note-10-colors.jpg

GSM Arena: Samsung Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ hands-on review

Samsung Note 10 specs
Samsung Note 10 5G specs
Samsung Note 10+ specs
Samsung Note 10+ 5G specs (Samsung's Flagship)

Phone Arena coverage:

The most signficant difference between the Note 10+ and the Note 10 is that the former has a higher screen resolution & pixel density, 3040x1440 (498 ppi) vs. 2880x1080 (401 ppi), but also that it has a MicroSD slot (that can house up to 1TB storage). Additionally, it comes with an internal storage size up to 512GB instead of capping at 256GB. Thus, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G is the brand's true, singular flagship.

Talking horsepower, for those versions of the phone destined for the USA & China, these handsets join the shortlist of phones with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. This chipset happens to be ~3x as strong the Tegra X1 (in the Nintendo Switch & NVIDIA Shield TV) on the CPU side, and 50% stronger on the GPU side, so that Tegra X1 is finally beginning to show its age. The European/Korean/Global versions come with Samsung's own in-house Exynos 9820, which manages to win single core CPU benchmarks, though it loses overall, but for phone gamers, notably still trails in the graphics scores by a more significant margin; not that you can do anything about which version is available to you. The Note 10 handsets are the only ones yet released with this chipset. Below are all the Android handsets currently in existence with the Snapdragon 855 chipset:
  • Asus ROG Phone II
  • Asus Zenfone 6Z
  • LG G8 ThinQ
  • LG V50 ThinQ
  • OnePlus 7
  • OnePlus 7 Pro
  • OPPO Reno 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Samsung Galaxy S10+
  • Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
  • Sony Xperia 1
  • Xiaomi Mi 9
  • Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G
  • Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
  • ZTE Axon 10 Pro
  • ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G
  • ZTE Nubia Red Magic 3

As it so happens, the dimensions & major specifications of the upcoming Google Pixel 4 leaked recently. The mainstream phones are following the trend set by the gamer phones like the ROG and the Razer with higher framerate displays, and even larger screens! The Pixel 4 will boast a 90Hz display similar to the Oneplus 7 & Oneplus 7 Pro. The Pixel 4 will carry a 5.7" screen while the Pixel 4 XL will carry the same 6.3" size as the Galaxy Note 10 (the Pixel 3 phones were 5.5" and 6.3", respectively).

Expect this trend to continue. Phone gaming isn't going away. It's only becoming more sophisticated. As I also highlighted in a recent post, the Asus ROG Phone II's screen is actually larger than the Nintendo Switch's display despite that it also has much smaller physical dimensions:
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/153761461/

Here is a size comparison of the new Samsung flagships versus the top gamer phones (the Asus ROG Phone II and Razer Phone 2). FYI, the Oneplus 7 Pro has nearly identical dimensions to the Note 10+. This image relays just how much more slender the Note 10 is than its bigger brother:
Phone Arena - Flagship Phablet Comparison #2.png

Last edited:
Okay, one more post about smartphones. Just for a visual survey here of the true flagships in August 2019 from the six major players with the top two gamer phones at the bottom. Oppo, Xiaomi, Vivo, Motorola, Tecno, TCL/Alcatel, ZTE, and HTC all sell more phones than Oneplus, while the first three of those sell more phones than LG, but their flagships are considered to be a step behind. Note that the middle four phones are 5G-capable. This is a large image, so I am going to leave it in a spoiler tag:
FlxUSUI.png

Last edited:
For Android gamers, I highlighted the debut of the Asus ROG Phone II several pages back. I didn't get to it yesterday, but the Goliath of Android, Samsung, announced its new flagship offering. This will be available in the US in about two weeks on August 23rd.

note-10-colors.jpg

GSM Arena: Samsung Galaxy Note10 and Note10+ hands-on review

Samsung Note 10 specs
Samsung Note 10 5G specs
Samsung Note 10+ specs
Samsung Note 10+ 5G specs (Samsung's Flagship)

Phone Arena coverage:

The most signficant difference between the Note 10+ and the Note 10 is that the former has a higher screen resolution & pixel density, 3040x1440 (498 ppi) vs. 2880x1080 (401 ppi), but also that it has a MicroSD slot (that can house up to 1TB storage). Additionally, it comes with an internal storage size up to 512GB instead of capping at 256GB. Thus, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G is the brand's true, singular flagship.

Talking horsepower, for those versions of the phone destined for the USA & China, these handsets join the shortlist of phones with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. This chipset happens to be ~3x as strong the Tegra X1 (in the Nintendo Switch & NVIDIA Shield TV) on the CPU side, and 50% stronger on the GPU side, so that Tegra X1 is finally beginning to show its age. The European/Korean/Global versions come with Samsung's own in-house Exynos 9820, which manages to win single core CPU benchmarks, though it loses overall, but for phone gamers, notably still trails in the graphics scores by a more significant margin; not that you can do anything about which version is available to you. The Note 10 handsets are the only ones yet released with this chipset. Below are all the Android handsets currently in existence with the Snapdragon 855 chipset:
  • Asus ROG Phone II
  • Asus Zenfone 6Z
  • LG G8 ThinQ
  • LG V50 ThinQ
  • OnePlus 7
  • OnePlus 7 Pro
  • OPPO Reno 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Samsung Galaxy S10+
  • Samsung Galaxy S10 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
  • Sony Xperia 1
  • Xiaomi Mi 9
  • Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G
  • Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
  • ZTE Axon 10 Pro
  • ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G
  • ZTE Nubia Red Magic 3

As it so happens, the dimensions & major specifications of the upcoming Google Pixel 4 leaked recently. The mainstream phones are following the trend set by the gamer phones like the ROG and the Razer with higher framerate displays, and even larger screens! The Pixel 4 will boast a 90Hz display similar to the Oneplus 7 & Oneplus 7 Pro. The Pixel 4 will carry a 5.7" screen while the Pixel 4 XL will carry the same 6.3" size as the Galaxy Note 10 (the Pixel 3 phones were 5.5" and 6.3", respectively).

Expect this trend to continue. Phone gaming isn't going away. It's only becoming more sophisticated. As I also highlighted in a recent post, the Asus ROG Phone II's screen is actually larger than the Nintendo Switch's display despite that it also has much smaller physical dimensions:
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/153761461/

Here is a size comparison of the new Samsung flagships versus the top gamer phones (the Asus ROG Phone II and Razer Phone 2). FYI, the Oneplus 7 Pro has nearly identical dimensions to the Note 10+. This image relays just how much more slender the Note 10 is than its bigger brother:
View attachment 627041

So, $1200 Note 10 offers the same (or inferior, in case it is with the exynos chip) performance as $400 Xiaomi mi9? What a great buy!

So, $1200 Note 10 offers the same (or inferior, in case it is with the exynos chip) performance as $400 Xiaomi mi9? What a great buy!
If the Note 10 didn't start at $949, if chipset was the only factor that contributed to performance, and if the chipset was the only component contributing to a phone's cost, this cheeky comment might have some bite. Samsung carries a brand premium, there's no doubt about that, but it's more complicated than this reductive quip.

Also, the obligatory...
<{poor?}>

If the Note 10 didn't start at $949, if chipset was the only factor that contributed to performance, and if the chipset was the only component contributing to a phone's cost, this cheeky comment might have some bite. Samsung carries a brand premium, there's no doubt about that, but it's more complicated than this reductive quip.

Also, the obligatory...
<{poor?}>
Lucky you that you have Note 10's for $949, I quoted actual Russian retail prices.
Poor? Nah. But I have much better stuff to spend extra money on than a smartphone. The era where a certain brand was definetely better than the others and brand premium was justified is long gone. The newer phones don't carry many innovations, if at all. IMO if you think Note 10 is 2,5 times better than a Mi9, you're a weird guy.
Also, about performance. chinese phones win against S10's, yeah, Note 10 is not yet tested, but.
https://www.antutu.com/en/ranking/rank4.htm

Lucky you that you have Note 10's for $949, I quoted actual Russian retail prices.
Poor? Nah. But I have much better stuff to spend extra money on than a smartphone. The era where a certain brand was definetely better than the others and brand premium was justified is long gone. The newer phones don't carry many innovations, if at all. IMO if you think Note 10 is 2,5 times better than a Mi9, you're a weird guy.
Also, about performance. chinese phones win against S10's, yeah, Note 10 is not yet tested, but.
https://www.antutu.com/en/ranking/rank4.htm
Damn, that emoji struck a nerve.

Okay, around six years ago companies first got caught cheating in benchmarks. This included the big boys like Samsung. They stopped. Know who didn't? Naturally, the Chinese companies. Huawei, Xiaomi, OPPO, and Honor were all offenders in 2018 including the Xiaomi line, specifically:
https://www.androidauthority.com/the-companies-we-busted-cheating-on-benchmarks-in-2018-936168/
A more reliable benchmark for CPU performance (in terms of weeding those out) is Geekbench, and Samsung reigns supreme. This is true for other benchmarks like GFX and Basemark:
http://browser.geekbench.com/android-benchmarks
Not that performance is the key difference being highlighted, here. They have the same chipset, so one wouldn't expect a large gap. 2GB of RAM and a slightly lower class SD drive won't matter a ton.

The central feature in a smartphone, quite simply, is the display, and the Chinese phones are inferior to the Korean phones on that front (just as Chinese TVs are inferior to Korean TVs). More advanced measurements of this performance are gauged by those at labs like Displaymate. One spec that stands out is that Xiaomi's Mi phones are capable of ~50% less brightness. It lacks HDR10+. It has strong contrasts, and strong color accuracy, so they've come a long way, but when you look at the more obscure metrics like viewing angles, anti-reflectance, native color gamut, smudge resistance, scratch resistance, and so on, what is apparent to the naked eye begins to show on the lab sheets.

Increasingly, as differences between smartphones have waned in recent years, indeed, the cameras have become a much more significant divider between flagships. Here is where Huawei has become a force. Their P series, in particular, currently anchored by the flagship of the series the P30 Pro, is a Chinese phone that can contend. Xiaomi, on the other hand, has been caught half a dozen times now using DSLR photos in their ad campaigns because they know their cameras are shit compared to Samsung, Apple, Google, Huawei, etc. This is recent:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawe...in-an-ad-for-its-new-smartphone.323946.0.html

It has very good audio performance in its headphones, but not as good as the Samgung phone. It has no stereo speakers, and no FM radio tuner. It doesn't do 4K video. It doesn't have dual video conferencing capability. It has very good battery life, but not as good as the Samsung phablets. It has an inferior USB charging port. It doesn't support WiFi 6. It has no barometer or Sp02 sensor. More critically, it has no waterproofing or dustproofing, it has no SD slot, and worst of all it has a limited LTE spectrum. 5G is great. Hearing me now on 4G is better.

That's before you get into more obscure software features that it lacks like the KNOX security software, which is annoying as hell if you're a hacker, but wonderful if you're not; rather just someone who wants your stuff to be secure, and knows that vanilla Android is awful. There are useful features like Samsung Pay, or gimmicky stuff like ANT+. Then there's some cool stuff that any PC nerd should find fascinating like Samsung DeX. Finally, there's the perk of being one of those devices that every service and website goes out of their way to accommodate with customization. From Netflix to YouTube to sports sites this is quite real, and anybody who has ever used an iPhone knows the benefit.

It's not that I disagree the Mi is a wonderful value, apparently more so in Russia than in other countries, and I was probably the first of the nerds on this forum who began negging phone hype several years ago, due to the deceleration of progress, coupled with the lack of tangible difference between phones, but you're being dumb when you try to argue that these two phones are of equal quality.

They're not. Samsung is better.

Damn, that emoji struck a nerve.

Okay, around six years ago companies first got caught cheating in benchmarks. This included the big boys like Samsung. They stopped. Know who didn't? Naturally, the Chinese companies. Huawei, Xiaomi, OPPO, and Honor were all offenders in 2018 including the Xiaomi line, specifically:
https://www.androidauthority.com/the-companies-we-busted-cheating-on-benchmarks-in-2018-936168/
A more reliable benchmark for CPU performance (in terms of weeding those out) is Geekbench, and Samsung reigns supreme. This is true for other benchmarks like GFX and Basemark:
http://browser.geekbench.com/android-benchmarks
Not that performance is the key difference being highlighted, here. They have the same chipset, so one wouldn't expect a large gap. 2GB of RAM and a slightly lower class SD drive won't matter a ton.

The central feature in a smartphone, quite simply, is the display, and the Chinese phones are inferior to the Korean phones on that front (just as Chinese TVs are inferior to Korean TVs). More advanced measurements of this performance are gauged by those at labs like Displaymate. One spec that stands out is that Xiaomi's Mi phones are capable of ~50% less brightness. It lacks HDR10+. It has strong contrasts, and strong color accuracy, so they've come a long way, but when you look at the more obscure metrics like viewing angles, anti-reflectance, native color gamut, smudge resistance, scratch resistance, and so on, what is apparent to the naked eye begins to show on the lab sheets.

Increasingly, as differences between smartphones have waned in recent years, indeed, the cameras have become a much more significant divider between flagships. Here is where Huawei has become a force. Their P series, in particularly, currently anchored by the flagship of the series the P30 Pro, is a Chinese phone that can contend. Xiaomi, on the other hand, has been caught half a dozen times now using DSLR photos in their ad campaigns because they know their cameras are shit compared to Samsung, Apple, Google, Huawei, etc. This is recent:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawe...in-an-ad-for-its-new-smartphone.323946.0.html

It has very good audio performance in its headphones, but not as good as the Samgung phone. It has no stereo speakers, and no FM radio tuner. It doesn't do 4K video. It doesn't have dual video conferencing capability. It has very good battery life, but not as good as the Samsung phablets. It has an inferior USB charging port. It doesn't support WiFi 6. It has no barometer or Sp02 sensor. More critically, it has no waterproofing or dustproofing, it has no SD slot, and worst of all it has a limited LTE spectrum. 5G is great. Hearing me now on 4G is better.

That's before you get into more obscure software features that it lacks like the KNOX security software, which is annoying as hell if you're a hacker, but wonderful if you're not; rather just someone who wants your stuff to be secure, and knows that vanilla Android is awful. There are useful features like Samsung Pay, or gimmicky stuff like ANT+. Then there's some cool stuff that any PC nerd should find fascinating like Samsung DeX. Finally, there's the perk of being one of those devices that every service and website goes out of their way to accommodate with customization. From Netflix to YouTube to sports sites this is quite real, and anybody who has ever used an iPhone knows the benefit.

It's not that I disagree the Mi is a wonderful value, apparently more so in Russia than in other countries, and I was probably the first of the nerds on this forum who began negging phone hype several years ago, due to the deceleration of progress, coupled with the lack of tangible difference between phones, but you're being dumb when you try to argue that these two phones are of equal quality.

They're not. Samsung is better.
I agree that Samsung makes very good phones. I agree that benchmarking is a gray area since cheaters are abundant. Samsung displays are indeed very good, and yeah they are better than Xiaomi since Xiaomi uses a Samsung display but not the flagship one. AFAIK Mi9 uses same class display as Samsung A series (and still A80 is $100+ more expensive). Waterproofing is very nice to have. Overall, I cannot find a really weak spot in current Samsung flagships - S10 and Note 10.
However, some of your points are not true.
Most modern phones use same class, if not exacly same, camera sensors, the exception afaik being flagship Huawei's - their sensor is a tad bigger. About 50% of "camera quality" in a phone comes from software post processing and it is there where lies the difference. If you want to know more, google about Xiaomi's with Google camera software installed, they provide vastly better photos than with stock software.
Smudge and scratch resistance comes directly from third-party pieces - 95% of the phones use Corning Gorilla glass.
Exynos chips are not the best at multicore performance even according to Geekbench, they have highest single-core, though.
Qualcomm quick charge 4+ is not significantly inferior to Samsung counterpart, sorry. it's fast as hell.
Samsung was never the leader in headphone sound, LG and Meizu are the leaders in that aspect with their models that have dedicated DACs.

However, overall I agree with you - if you want to find THE premium Android smartphone overall - it's most likely a Samsung.
What I was arguing about, though - is it indeed as much better as it is more expensive? Especially for gaming purposes? I think not.

I agree that Samsung makes very good phones. I agree that benchmarking is a gray area since cheaters are abundant. Samsung displays are indeed very good, and yeah they are better than Xiaomi since Xiaomi uses a Samsung display but not the flagship one. AFAIK Mi9 uses same class display as Samsung A series (and still A80 is $100+ more expensive). Waterproofing is very nice to have. Overall, I cannot find a really weak spot in current Samsung flagships - S10 and Note 10.
However, some of your points are not true.
Most modern phones use same class, if not exacly same, camera sensors, the exception afaik being flagship Huawei's - their sensor is a tad bigger. About 50% of "camera quality" in a phone comes from software post processing and it is there where lies the difference. If you want to know more, google about Xiaomi's with Google camera software installed, they provide vastly better photos than with stock software.
Smudge and scratch resistance comes directly from third-party pieces - 95% of the phones use Corning Gorilla glass.
Exynos chips are not the best at multicore performance even according to Geekbench, they have highest single-core, though.
Qualcomm quick charge 4+ is not significantly inferior to Samsung counterpart, sorry. it's fast as hell.
Samsung was never the leader in headphone sound, LG and Meizu are the leaders in that aspect with their models that have dedicated DACs.

However, overall I agree with you - if you want to find THE premium Android smartphone overall - it's most likely a Samsung.
What I was arguing about, though - is it indeed as much better as it is more expensive? Especially for gaming purposes? I think not.
I don't know where you're getting your information, but no, the Xiaomi's overall camera hardware is inferior. It lacks optical image stabilization. The S10 5G, for example, has a quad camera setup, not a triple camera setup, a dedicated TOF sensor, and a larger aperture. It captures in larger raw pixels ("ultrapixels"). This means it enjoys superiority, critically, at lower resolution outputs, which is simply huge in the smartphone world where everyone's images are being compressed when they upload to social media. Its phase-detection autofocus works in telephoto mode. The default camera software in the Xiaomi is also inferior. It has been tested by PA, and found 16% slower to the regular S10. The Note is going to improve on all these figures.

Smudge resistance is not analogous to scratch resistance because manufacturers may add their own coating. Apple is way out in front. Nevertheless, I was highlighting the Xiaomi's overall display inferiority with mention of more advanced metrics in that sentence, not commenting on each specific one, but you've conceded it users a cheaper, inferior display, because that is what Samsung allows.

I wasn't debating Exynos chips in multicore. I was highlighting the Samsung's Qualcomm variant superiority in benchmarks and general performance. After all, drivers matter! The battery life is inferior because the battery size relative to things like the display area is inferior. I didn't say anything about quickcharge, and again, the Samsung phones in the USA are on Qualcomm.

Generally, you understood most of what you're talking about, but your initial comment was ignorant, and incorrect.

I don't know where you're getting your information, but no, the Xiaomi's overall camera hardware is inferior. It lacks optical image stabilization. The S10 5G, for example, has a quad camera setup, not a triple camera setup, a dedicated TOF sensor, and a larger aperture. It captures in larger raw pixels ("ultrapixels"). This means it enjoys superiority, critically, at lower resolution outputs, which is simply huge in the smartphone world where everyone's images are being compressed when they upload to social media. Its phase-detection autofocus works in telephoto mode. The default camera software in the Xiaomi is also inferior. It has been tested by PA, and found 16% slower to the regular S10. The Note is going to improve on all these figures.

Smudge resistance is not analogous to scratch resistance because manufacturers may add their own coating. Apple is way out in front. Nevertheless, I was highlighting the Xiaomi's overall display inferiority with mention of more advanced metrics in that sentence, not commenting on each specific one, but you've conceded it users a cheaper, inferior display, because that is what Samsung allows.

I wasn't debating Exynos chips in multicore. I was highlighting the Samsung's Qualcomm variant superiority in benchmarks and general performance. After all, drivers matter! The battery life is inferior because the battery size relative to things like the display area is inferior. I didn't say anything about quickcharge, and again, the Samsung phones in the USA are on Qualcomm.

Generally, you understood most of what you're talking about, but your initial comment was ignorant, and incorrect.
You know what, I wrote a lengthy response but then deleted it. I think that comparing Mi9 to Note 10 is incorrect, one should compare it to S10. And there the price difference is much smaller, about 30% in Russia for similar versions. And I think you are right, 30% can easily be justified by a better camera, waterproofing, bigger battery and better display.

I still think Note 10 would be overpriced (at least at launch price) and is a non-optimal choice for android gaming, though.