Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

MetallicGear (Phanteks) is making a PC011 dynamic knockoff. MSRP of $100.

index.php

jrqVrDl8qNU9oviu.jpg

Like normal i'll give people first crack here. Im selling my Asus VG248 24" widescreen 144hz monitor. All i ask for is you pay for shipping. Money order or Steam card is fine.

If you were waiting to pull the trigger on an R7-3700X the window has opened:

Ooooh, an undercut. Nice. The window is open indeed.

Damn, and the Newegg deal also includes the Xbox Game Pass 3-months perk ($30 value). That doesn't appear to be included with the Wal-Mart deal.

Ooooh, an undercut. Nice. The window is open indeed.

Damn, and the Newegg deal also includes the Xbox Game Pass 3-months perk ($30 value). That doesn't appear to be included with the Wal-Mart deal.

3600x is also on sale for $200 at Newegg with the Wraith Spire

Something a little different that most people don't think about when looking at an audio setup for your computer, a bookshelf speaker setup.
Partsexpress, the same Partsexpress that sent audio catalogs when you were a kid, has a 6.5" 2 way bookshelf speaker set with an amp on sale for $50 with free shipping.
If you have the room, this setup will destroy a lot of 2.1 pc setups and sound bars that are higher price. If you look at the PC 2.1 sound systems at that price point, the "subwoofer" is usually a 6.5" speaker. This set has two 6.5" speakers, the tweeters are bigger, and the most important part is the cabinets are way bigger.
A perfect example of why they're better would be comparing your old CRT tv speakers to the modern flat screens. Tube TV's had a big case, so they had room to make a large enclosure for the speakers whereas the modern tv's have to be thin so there's no room for an enclosure which severely hampers the performance of the speaker.
These speakers have long been considered a great value for the money in the budget audio community, same with the amplifier. A lot of people will start out with something like this, then add a powered subwoofer later for a killer 2.1 setup.
300-6534_HR_0.jpg

Something a little different that most people don't think about when looking at an audio setup for your computer, a bookshelf speaker setup.
Partsexpress, the same Partsexpress that sent audio catalogs when you were a kid, has a 6.5" 2 way bookshelf speaker set with an amp on sale for $50 with free shipping.
If you have the room, this setup will destroy a lot of 2.1 pc setups and sound bars that are higher price. If you look at the PC 2.1 sound systems at that price point, the "subwoofer" is usually a 6.5" speaker. This set has two 6.5" speakers, the tweeters are bigger, and the most important part is the cabinets are way bigger.
A perfect example of why they're better would be comparing your old CRT tv speakers to the modern flat screens. Tube TV's had a big case, so they had room to make a large enclosure for the speakers whereas the modern tv's have to be thin so there's no room for an enclosure which severely hampers the performance of the speaker.
These speakers have long been considered a great value for the money in the budget audio community, same with the amplifier. A lot of people will start out with something like this, then add a powered subwoofer later for a killer 2.1 setup.

A few years ago I would have loved something like this, But I've got two high quality desk speakers from Altec Lansing and a twin 2400 watt subwoofer I had laying around from a car. That after a lot of dicking around with line in and line out converters and power point converters I managed to get linked up.

You may be spoiled by your location if that's the used price you'd expect. Can you find me a Craiglist or eBay used unit with specs near this for that price from a reputable seller? If he is in central or southern California that might be normal, but most other places, especially less metro areas, I doubt you'd see prices that good.

Here is a contemporary equivalency although the RX 570 video card in this build is ~50% stronger than the GTX 960, but there's no video card cheaper on the builder market (in new condition) that is closer. I just ran with the assumption the HDD is 1TB since that would be the lesser of the two most common sizes in 2015, and went as cheap as possible everywhere else:
Total: $393.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-19 00:20 EST-0500

So it would be ~$400 before tax and shipping to build a comp of roughly that strength new. Alternatively, some like to buy refurbished old office computers with cases large enough to house video cards like the RX 570 above such as the old Dell Optiplex units, which they buy separately to install, but the total price is about the same.

Not sure what % you expect off on a used unit that is four years old, but that should give you perspective.
Thanks for the help everybody, I ended up buying the computer, headset and a mechanical keyboard with cherry mx blues for 170€ which im quite happy about. Using a 32 inch TV that I already had as a monitor. Seems to be a decent deal, considering im in Finland where computer parts are more expensive. Another friend sold me his logitech z506 5.1 for 20€ so now I have a pretty decent set up for under 200€. His motherboard didnt have wifi so I was forced to route my ethernet cable which was a blessing in disguise since now I get 100mbps up and down instead of the 20-50 I used to get with my laptops wifi. God it feels good to use a real computer instead of a laptop

Last edited:
Thanks for the help everybody, I ended up buying the computer, headset and a mechanical keyboard with cherry mx blues for 170€ which im quite happy about. Using a 32 inch TV that I already had as a monitor. Seems to be a decent deal, considering im in Finland where computer parts are more expensive. Another friend sold me his logitech z506 5.1 for 20€ so now I have a pretty decent set up for under 200€. His motherboard didnt have wifi so I was forced to route my ethernet cable which was a blessing in disguise since now I get 100mbps up and down instead of the 20-50 I used to get with my laptops wifi. God it feels good to use a real computer instead of a laptop
That's a killer setup for the money ($215) even here in the States-- even in used condition, too.

Well done. Bravo.

I guess this goes here.

Anyways, the "Sony/Nintendo Playstation" prototype just sold for $360,000.

OIP.-KDsS-UpThAy_9kNaC_hgwHaEK

$85 Ryzen R5-1600AF is back up at Amazon:

Cliffs if you've missed the previous posts on this CPU in here is that it's just a rebranded R5-2600 with lower factory clock settings. Even at stock it's only performing 2% below the R5-2600 across a suite of games in benchmarks comparing them. Hands down the best value in gaming CPUs while it lasts. It has sufficient power for GPU pairing all the way up to the current king RTX Titan.