Social Gas the Ozzies?

Be nice if they could actually get the vaccines to us all by then. I simply don't believe ScoMo that things are back on track, given I can't even book in for a vaccination yet. I completely understand why NSW has been getting a proportionately larger share of available vaccines than the rest of us, given the outbreak and increased risk. It'd be bullshit if NSW's poor job of containment sets the bar for Australia, and if they are also the first allowed out of the country simply because Gladys screwed the pooch and was given more of the available vaccines.

I completely agree. The sheer ridiculous of NSW being able to ease restrictions prior to Victoria whilst being linked the NZ and most Australian outbreaks is bonkers. When the roles were reversed they snapped those borders shut so quick they didn't even think twice. Now they get extra vaccines before the rest. WHilst there is an obvious issue there and they needed some sort of approach they have caused other states not to reach those targets as rapidly. They should have waited until the other states had oppurtunity to reach that number also.

Yes, we can agree . . . but this is the case for the vast majority of illnesses.

Right, it speeds up the process of you dying from your existing medical issues. Sometimes, most of the time a vaccine can curb that . . . but so can folks getting trying to get healthier (if possible).

No disagreement there at all. Not all illnesses take your relatively mild form of asthma and can kill youu whilst being as infectious as the common cold if not more so in some ways. I can usually avoid a cold in close proximity with people, covid seems to spread rapidly whilst masked which is a concern.

I agree on the getting healthy part, but the reality is covid has been involved in killing millions.l I am personally not worried about it but worldwide we should be due to the effect it's had.

[<taker1}

"A man was reportedly walking down the street not wearing a mask when police spotted him and stopped him" holy fuck this is crazy. Wtf is happening?

What an absolute shithole country Australia has become smh

Just looking at some responses from brainwashed soystralians in this thread is pretty sad

[<taker1}

"A man was reportedly walking down the street not wearing a mask when police spotted him and stopped him" holy fuck this is crazy. Wtf is happening?

All people need to do is provide their name and a lawful reason for not wearing the mask. You can call it communism if you want, but unfortunately the government health officials have gone with a low risk policy. We haven't got the same freedom provisions as the US. It's all based off human rights charters. Once you provide your details and give a reason for not wearing a mask you get a ticket that you can contest at court. It's no different to a traffic violation. I may not agree with it, but your time to protest it is at court. the vast majority of tickets went unpaid.

We have free medical and mass welfare in Australia anyway. People got paid $25,000 or $1500 last lockdown in Vic. Everyone was happy to take that, but wearing a msk is the end of the world for some people. It's not hard, wear it on your chin, pull it up near people and problem solved. Buusinesses are the ones really hard done by here. It's crazy what has been allowed to stay open and how quuickly they shut down any innovation with no money to keep these guys afloat.

The guy filming just breached quarantine procedures by opening his door. That sort of thing is why people have to be quarantined in hotels because return travellers were ducking down to the shops, speaking to neighbours and spreading covid when at home. Australia has had positive transmission from hotel doors being opened.
Australia has achieved 0 covid multiple times before a leak from hotel quarantine has spread it again. There was a positive transmission from a person at day 14 who contracted covid from something like this. I might not agree with it, but you enter quarantine knowing that is what will happen.They can only release one person at a time. Like with all things people doing this sort of thing slows the process.
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...d-covid-19-leak-at-quarantine-hotel-c-2938061
The guy is clearly suffering a mental health episode which sucks, but what do you want them to do? Why should the people working the hotel be assaulted. It's OC spray it's the least lethal option available to them? This is why Australia has to use Police because of this sort of behaviour. It sucks, but when did we ever condone damaging property because you don't get what you want? Do we know start releasing people at 11:59 because they throw tantrums?

The whole thing sucks but I hate the people trying to make it comparable to actual war crimes in terms of Nazi internment camps etc. Plenty of people had the chance to come back earlier and chose not to, plenty of people are choosing to move to areas with no covid and this unfortunately is the price to get there.

Thanks a lot America for creating a super flu in China.

As someone that has quarantined this is incorrect, how else do you collect your food, washing etc. I Imagine a shared airconditioning system would be far more likely than opening the door.

As someone that has quarantined this is incorrect, how else do you collect your food, washing etc. I Imagine a shared airconditioning system would be far more likely than opening the door.

As someone who has also quarantined you are wrong. You can open your door for those reasons, but not just to look out into the hallway becauuse youu want to see what everyone is up to. Shared aircon is definitely an issue. They tell youu what you can and can't do.the best part is the guy filming had just been locked in a house for money on big brother. I would rather my own room than a bunch of randoms.

Reactions: mon
As someone who has also quarantined you are wrong. You can open your door for those reasons, but not just to look out into the hallway becauuse youu want to see what everyone is up to. Shared aircon is definitely an issue. They tell youu what you can and can't do.the best part is the guy filming had just been locked in a house for money on big brother. I would rather my own room than a bunch of randoms.

Let's be honest he has the right to ensure his safety and with what was carrying on next door I would have done the same if only to tell him to shut the fuck up. At best you could say he was supposed to be wearing a mask but once again if he argued that he felt in immediate danger you would get laughed at for trying to insist he find the face mask.

I'm not sticking up for either of the fuckwits as the one causing the debarcle should have been jailed for breaking the law and as you pointed out old mate an attention seeking hypocrite. But to say you can't open your door is false, if you get a balcony you can sure as fuck go stand on it and talk to the neighbours standing on theirs.

Because it only takes one false negative to cause a super spreader event. Hotel quarantines for returning overseas travellers weren't put in place to keep ICUs from filling up, they were to keep COVID out of the country. Keep in mind several states have had no community transmission for much of the pandemic. Now that NSW has shit the bed they want to make the new normal more like other countries where managing transmission is the goal rather than it being zero, but even with delta, other states are still saying fuck you we are doing just fine.

And so we should, that bitch should be jailed for the ruby princess fiasco and now she's dropped the ball again the only reason she's not being held to account is that our pm and her are both liberal party members. Notice the spin difference now then before, she's is directly disregarding medical advice but before it was "listen to the experts"

[<taker1}

"he is in stable condition..."

K3ix.gif

Reactions: J_C
Bit of sensationalism always gets the Clicks.

These are people in quarantine either because they have returned from interstate or overseas, and must undertake mandatory quarantine in a hotel for the required period. (Testing negative does not release you from the quarantine). Everybody knows this and understand this risk when travelling interstate or overseas. The guy filming this had to undergo quarantine as he went on Big Brother Australia in a different state. Kind of ironic.

The guy in question started causing damage and threatening staff when the clock ticked past 12 as he then beleieved his quarantine period was over. However he was notified he could only leave 12 hours later when the exit procedure is.

Police officer tried to contain the situation and when to threatened the guy with capsicum spray aka pepper spray.
like covid hysteria? self awareness much?

like covid hysteria? self awareness much?

Of all the things that have been done, closing the borders and quarantining returning travellers has been far and away the most successful.
It was specifically the failures in quarantine protocols in NSW (starting from the Ruby Princess) and Victoria that lead to outbreaks, combined with the lack of a fallback vaccination plan when the recommendations changed for Astrazeneca. Gladys compounded that with her attempt at a "claytons" lockdown after increasing their quarantine returns without addressing the recognised weaknesses already exposed in Victoria (never mind the limits of contact tracing and the increased rate of infection with the delta strain in those returns from India and elsewhere).
Meanwhile there's been 4 deaths from Covid in SA (my state ) with a population of 2 million, with a total of 14 days in lockdown for the past 2 years and I've had to wear a mask twice now (to visit hospitals).
Similarly populated US states have a couple of thousand deaths. Each.

Reactions: mon

[<taker1}

I love when the news anchors, sitting inside at work not wearing their masks, are shaming people walking alone outdoors without masks.

Reactions: J_C
All people need to do is provide their name and a lawful reason for not wearing the mask.
>All people need to do is show their papers and have a valid work permit for leaving the ghetto

You can call it communism if you want, but unfortunately the government health officials have gone with a low risk policy. We haven't got the same freedom provisions as the US. It's all based off human rights charters. Once you provide your details and give a reason for not wearing a mask you get a ticket that you can contest at court. It's no different to a traffic violation. I may not agree with it, but your time to protest it is at court. the vast majority of tickets went unpaid.
Listen to yourself. If the courts throw out the vast majority of tickets, then this is clearly police harassment.

>All people need to do is show their papers and have a valid work permit for leaving the ghetto

Listen to yourself. If the courts throw out the vast majority of tickets, then this is clearly police harassment.

We require it every other aspect of daily life in society. Proof of insurance or a drivers licence when operating a motor vehicle, registration of a car, a billing and mailing address address for purchases. A name or an ID to collect a package from the post office. Whether I agree or not covid has been declared a global emergency.

It all came off the fact that people weren't adult enough to stay home here in Australia when they returned from overseas or were feeling sick. At the start of this people were home quarantining and ducking out to the shops. People get paid $450 to get tested as encouragement and will still stop at the shops on their way home creating potential exposure sites or stop and talk to friends who then go positive. I have said it multiple times I don't agree with the lockdowns, but lets be realistic about the gen pops ability to just do the right thing. Australia has achieved zero covid multiple times before a hotel breach has spread it again. Our government screwed the vaccine rollout, vote them out next term or call for a general election. Don't walk through the streets assaulting people to protest.

Is it harassment when you are too stupid to have a quiet meet up somewhere with people in private? Why go somewhere you can be seen or make heaps of noise? What used to be a simple noise complaint is now a covid breach. Neighbours will call it through just to get the noise to stop.
Say your name, an address and refuse to say anymore. It's all you need to do. Don't assault, spit or swear at the police. Their job is to speak to people doing the wrong thing. they are living in the same restrictions. Have your protest in court in front of the magistrate, it's not difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back