Social Gas the Ozzies?

I was regional but work in the city. Just moved back into metro. I did the walk through on a spur of the moment decision on the big Day 1 Pfizer release. It took forever for me to book my second, but the system did crash because everyone did what I did. There was no real vaccine hesitancy here just a sheer lack of vaccines. It's pretty embarassing where we are at this point in terms of vaccine numbers, but we wouuld have cracked 70% months ago if anything was available.

Absolutely. I mean there are those hesitant to get it but I don't think more than anywhere else, probably less than the US from what I can tell. But yes you can tell the narrative by the pollies has changed now we have good enough supplies, went from counting daily cases to pushing benefits for the vaccinated pretty quick.

Doing a half arsed lockdown was what got her into this mess in the first place. At no point has the advice for lockdowns (if necessary) been anything but go hard and go early.
Not to mention of all the places that should probably have opted for a purpose built quarantine facility it was NSW, with the size of their population, their state budget and the number of returns they were receiving. Not even mandating vaccination for quarantine hotel staff? Ridiculous. As I understand it NSW government received more federal funding for the extra returns they accepted. What did they spend it on?
Morrison's handling of the vaccination role out doesn't seem to be killing him in the polls (as opposed to the Bushfire response), I haven't seen yet whether Gladys has tanked in the polls, but she definitely should have. The Ruby Princess was the only screw up she should have been allowed, never mind all that stuff about failing to disclose relationships etc.
Not really familiar with the opposition in NSW, but it's hard to imagine them being more incompetent.

Honestly I thought the way Gladys was handling it was the way to go, not for Delta though, far too transmissible it seems, though we only learned this in hindsight.

And the feds should have been controlling the quarantine, they control the borders so they should control that. They have handed off as much responsibility as they could it appears.

I'm not familiar with the NSW opposition, seems like they are as useless as the opposition here.

I didn't say I agree with any of it or that he should have gotten anything for what he did. I went by the quarantine directions as read by the quarantine staff that everyone agrees with. The hotels do not allow you to have balcony access. Sadly it's to prevent mental health issues and suicide more than contamination, but it's the reality of the rooms chosen these days especially in Vic where this video is from. They also read youu a thing saying you can't open your door unless it's for food, services,medical related or a directed evacuation. All of this is explained. It doesn't mean it's the end of the world, but it would be considered a quarantine breach. I have no issues with him opening the door to check, but it doesn't change what it is. I would have opened the door also. I never said it wasn't a reasonable reaction for a normal person, just that it's a breach before mentioning who that person is. He is basically being a Karen and filming it for likes.

It's all good you have had yours and I have had my own experience. We were put up at the quest and some had balconies that they could use, I didn't ask as I had just come from a mine site room to a king size bed and massive room so was happy enough.

It hardly matters as we are splitting hairs, I'm just saying opening the door was reasonable and he was within his rights. As for the rest of what you wrote I agree 100%. I have honestly done extremely well financially from the border lockdowns and am quite happy to see them continue. I personally am still watching for the potential health outcomes of the vaccine and will not be getting vaccinated until I make up my mind it's safe to do so. Watching Morrison buy Astrazeneca for us while using the pfizer himself on national TV hasn't exactly inspired me to get vaccinated and the way they are trying to force people to makes me want to say fuck you.

It's all good you have had yours and I have had my own experience. We were put up at the quest and some had balconies that they could use, I didn't ask as I had just come from a mine site room to a king size bed and massive room so was happy enough.

It hardly matters as we are splitting hairs, I'm just saying opening the door was reasonable and he was within his rights. As for the rest of what you wrote I agree 100%. I have honestly done extremely well financially from the border lockdowns and am quite happy to see them continue. I personally am still watching for the potential health outcomes of the vaccine and will not be getting vaccinated until I make up my mind it's safe to do so. Watching Morrison buy Astrazeneca for us while using the pfizer himself on national TV hasn't exactly inspired me to get vaccinated and the way they are trying to force people to makes me want to say fuck you.

Yeah. It could just be different states or different stages in the covid stuff. I also quarantined at home and that was so poorly managed by DHHS it's not even funny. I didn't get notified to quarantine for over a week, they were just lucky I already was. I don't disagree on any of it being stupid, I just hate all the Americans calling it the Holocaust. It's not, it's just that our government screwed the whole process so badly they had to keep locking us down to have less deaths than Vic did at the start. No other premier wanted to beat that first outbreak.

I had a bad reaction to my first dose and was hesitant also. I will get the second, but as far as I can see there are no lasting or immediate health issues from Pfizer so far for me. There are no long term studies on both covid or the vaccine yet so it's pretty hard to decide. Watch the recent Lex Friedman podcast on vaccines, it will dispel some of the myths around MRNA. I linked it in this thread earlier. I have no problems with people being hesitant about these vaccines at all, I was and just weighed up the risks. There is no point living if I can't do what I want to do in life and the vaccine has become mandatory for that. Delt is also getting kids these days and I wanted to protect my family as I regularly get exposed to large volumes of people. The risk of sp[reading isn't low enoughin my opinion, but I can't look after my family if I am laid out in a hospital bed from covid. It's what decided it all for me after my partner got it due to her work making it mandatory. I just look at it as a flu shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: mon
Re Australian lockdowns/quarentine - Is this a new right wing talking point in the US? Or just this site?

Honestly I thought the way Gladys was handling it was the way to go, not for Delta though, far too transmissible it seems, though we only learned this in hindsight.

And the feds should have been controlling the quarantine, they control the borders so they should control that. They have handed off as much responsibility as they could it appears.

I'm not familiar with the NSW opposition, seems like they are as useless as the opposition here.

A federal response should have been an improvement in coordination at least, but given the failure with any backup plan for the vaccine role out and the fiasco with Howard Springs expanding it's capacity, I'm not so confident in federal competence. They've handed Howard Springs off to the NT Government anyway, and that back and forth about purpose built facilities with the State Governments went nowhere.

A federal response should have been an improvement in coordination at least, but given the failure with any backup plan for the vaccine role out and the fiasco with Howard Springs expanding it's capacity, I'm not so confident in federal competence. They've handed Howard Springs off to the NT Government anyway, and that back and forth about purpose built facilities with the State Governments went nowhere.

They’re actually building a quarantine facility in Vic, meant to be done by the end of the year which it won’t be (my company is bidding for some of the work) by the time it’s done it probably won’t be used like the fucking desalination plant!

They’re actually building a quarantine facility in Vic, meant to be done by the end of the year which it won’t be (my company is bidding for some of the work) by the time it’s done it probably won’t be used like the fucking desalination plant!

Yeah, our desalination plant in SA only runs at 10% capacity and the environmental impact assessment was... rushed, to say the least. Although I'm generally not critical of forwards thinking infrastructure projects (even if it was a bad drought that really instigated it), given how often they are playing catch up instead. Quarantine being one of those times, considering how long people have been saying that pandemics are a huge threat to modern society. It seems like we had more pandemic movies and board games than actual preparation.
Lets hope it does prove unnecessary though.

1631627933092.png

@Queen B detected

Love how helpless the cops are. There are more of 'us' than there are of 'them.' If the world's population stood up and said "No. This has gone too far and it stops NOW", game is over. There's a good 50% of the military and probably the police themselves who feel the same way.

We're going to see a horrific atrocity soon, somewhere.

You guys just don’t get it .. they are sacrificing their necks to help their fellow countryman they are not selfish like you Americans. They know this is saving people from COVID..

So they are saying with no video of course they asked her about a masked she’s exempt . She won’t give her name or address they say then kicks a woman cop in the chest sends her to the hospital …

Yes? They have body worn cameras so there is a video that would have been provided to the person arrested if they contested the assault charge.

Like this one ?
Vid 1... Violent assault by Police
https://7news.com.au/news/victoria-...-kilda-beach-after-refusing-to-stop-c-1634336
Full video(minus the part where this girl pulls her pants down for the crowd)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...r-kicks-woman-ground-pepper-spraying-her.html

Have you learnt yet? Police are primarily reactionary in this day and age. The days of phone books etc are gone.

Time to check your mental health

You are unhinged mate

Imagine defending this soy tyranny

I am all good to be honest. Just sick of the fake stories being put out on both sides.

Woman asked by Police why she wasn't wearing a mask, kicks police officer, gets arrested. No ticket for mask but cops assault charge.
Seems reasonable to me?

I prefer almond or oat milk anyway. Soy tastes nutty and leaves a bad taste.
I drink my coffee black.

Love how helpless the cops are. There are more of 'us' than there are of 'them.' If the world's population stood up and said "No. This has gone too far and it stops NOW", game is over. There's a good 50% of the military and probably the police themselves who feel the same way.

We're going to see a horrific atrocity soon, somewhere.

Military have been mandated to be vaccinated for years. It's part of all basic training. They line you uup and pump you full of everything prior to a deployment.
Why would you expect anyhting different because a few vocal people on social media say the opposite?

Yes? They have body worn cameras so there is a video that would have been provided to the person arrested if they contested the assault charge.

Like this one ?
Vid 1... Violent assault by Police
https://7news.com.au/news/victoria-...-kilda-beach-after-refusing-to-stop-c-1634336
Full video(minus the part where this girl pulls her pants down for the crowd)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...r-kicks-woman-ground-pepper-spraying-her.html

Have you learnt yet? Police are primarily reactionary in this day and age. The days of phone books etc are gone.
That’s not even the same girl dummy so you saying this choking is justified ? Fall for propaganda much ?

Last edited:
Reactions: J_C
Back