Social Gas the Ozzies?

Your statistical rebuttal is be a thing of wonder Facebook click bait guy.
For example, Florida, with a population of approximately 26 million has recorded 46,324 deaths from Corona virus.
Australia, with a population of approximately 25 million has recorded 1,039 deaths from Corona virus.
Fair enough but Florida is known for old people to come to and retire.

How about you get off the internet take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why you want to be subjugated ? Australia has had less Corona cases and deaths then the City I live in Canada during the entire pandemic. Corona is ten times worse here yet our measures are nothing compared to what you guys put up with.

Why put up with it ?

Why do you support your government ?

Youre assuming we support our governments I guess. We generally choose to make our point at the ballot box, not by protesting during a pandemic.

Small people get what they want? like freedom to work, freedom to go about their lives? this has gone on too long and doesnt look like being over any time soon. much worse has happened in history to restore our freedoms. The Shrine was a great place to make a stand. Personally I am against any violence but i cant control everyone and the state needs to know that they have overstepped their powers and be afraid to do so ever again.

The behaviour at the protests was disgraceful. Not unusual for protests in themselves, but if they actually had any significant union involvement I would have expected different. It's usually the unions that make sure they have designated spokespeople at protests and they are the only ones speaking to the media, as well as ensuring that all the placards and slogans are prepared ahead of time and on message. Let alone preventing protestors from vandalism and assault, or leaving it to the RSL to scrub their piss off the Shrine of Remembrance.
It looks like Victoria and NSW have abandoned the idea of zero community infection though, and are starting to open up regardless. Even in Geelong with 60 confirmed infections today. Of course the states that haven't been prioritised for vaccinations are unlikely to want to give up on zero community infections and otherwise little to no restrictions, just because they haven't dropped the ball.
I don't think ScoMo's national schedule for opening travel to and from NSW and Vic will be stuck to as a result.

How about you get off the internet take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why you want to be subjugated ? Australia has had less Corona cases and deaths then the City I live in Canada during the entire pandemic. Corona is ten times worse here yet our measures are nothing compared to what you guys put up with.

Why put up with it ?

Why do you support your government ?

You just don't get it. Australia has had less cases because the majority have followed these restrictions at various points, including running covid to zero multiple times. We have states who have had no deaths by locking everyone else out.

Your right covid is 10x worse there. What's the difference? Our vax rate was shit. It's because they were able to close borders and lock out states with high cases. I hate it, I don't like being locked down, but it seems to have been effective until people vaccinate. You are selling stricter conditions as a means to combat covid by saying"See Australia isn't bad."

My personal view is just open up, but your inability to understand everything you say actually supports the lockdowns, vaccination push and all this crap is the funny part.

I don't care, just open up. Don't take over city streets and assault people. That's my issue.

No one is forcing people to get vaccinated. Plenty of people don't get to do jobs or activities for various reasons. The decision was made for this industry, take it to court not the street.

Not in Victoria or NSW they can't, since they passed their anti-protest legislation in 2014 and 2018 respectively.
Not to mention the power provided by the anti-terror laws, which are so broad and ill defined it's ridiculous.
Bad enough we have no constitutional or legislative bill of rights, but now we simply rely on the authorities not to misuse the broad powers they've been granted by legislation.
Should have been obvious to the State governments that ongoing lockdowns weren't a viable alternative to getting their shit together with quarantine and vaccination roll outs. Of course they agreed to take additional returns from India in the wake of the Delta strain being recognised, and I wonder what exactly they spent that federal funding on?

I think all the money has to have gone to testing to be honest.

I should reword things, In my opinion you can protest all you want until those things.

A referendum would be interesting per state on continuing lockdowns or opening.

Inb4 @maximus__ rides in quintuple jabbed on his soy horse wearing 4 masks in defense of the honorable Health and Safety Protectors in blue

Absolutely disgusting

You understand that you are scared of a vaccination that has had one of the largest human trials pre mass administration in the entire world right?

Imagine being offended because I don't support rioting and that making me a soy boy.

What do US police do if someone refuses to provide their details or comply with a lawful request when they commit an offence? They detain them for the purpose of an investigation. It's no different.

Society lives by a set of rules, police enforce those rules and sadly politicians ultimately decide them.

You could go and live in Afghanistan. They operate under a system were the minority choose for the majority. I heard it's going well over there...

I think all the money has to have gone to testing to be honest.

I should reword things, In my opinion you can protest all you want until those things.

A referendum would be interesting per state on continuing lockdowns or opening.

Well, we haven't really had much in the way of lockdowns in SA, but it takes bugger all to convince everyone here that we should close the borders and tell everyone to piss off.
Judging by the reaction to a few of Victorians that stowed away on freight trains, and the fact we're at the back of the pack for vaccinations, I doubt that opening the borders would be popular.
Sad that we could be so easily divided based on the actions of State Governments, but that's how it appears to be.
Of course I might be swayed by my own bias here, since I'm not keen on Melbourne and Sydney at the best of times.

The news today was that they've managed to nab a million doses of Moderna to be distributed via pharmacies. Although I haven't seen anything about improved availability here in SA yet, so I'm not holding my breath that we'll actually get any.

Why is it so difficult to receive now? Especially in a place like Australia? It should get progressively EASIER to acquire vaccines as other locales receive their allotments and requirements.

Are the manufacturers now slacking in production? Doesn't make a lot of sense....

Why is it so difficult to receive now? Especially in a place like Australia? It should get progressively EASIER to acquire vaccines as other locales receive their allotments and requirements.

Are the manufacturers now slacking in production? Doesn't make a lot of sense....

Well I understand it's easier in Vic and NSW, they've received proportionately a lot more of the vaccines because of their outbreaks. My state (SA) hasn't really had any public outbreaks (and only 4 deaths, which I believe were amongst those who returned from overseas while infected). That's left us at the back of the line.
Getting anything to Oz always takes some time, and longer now than usual, but the original screw up was that they had no back up plan for immunisation with anything other than Astrazeneca, and then the recommendations for Astrazeneca changed making it no longer recommended for those under 50 (and later that changed again to under 60). They hadn't even started negotiations for alternatives at that point, which left us seriously behind compared to other developed nations.

It doesn’t work like that though. We’re learning that here in Canada right now. In my province, over 80% of our population is vaccinated and yet they’ve returned to the state of emergency because 100 people tested positive in one day.

They will never give us our freedom back until we stop “being polite” and start “causing a scene” in open acts of defiance. We’ve been at their mercy for 2 years, being good little citizens and praying our government overlords will free us and guess what? They won’t. You should know that better than most. There’ll be a couple of new cases and they’ll go full Nazi germany again. You do remember 2 weeks to flatten the curve surely?
We have to start looking at hospitalization instead of cases. The point of the vaccine is to minimize the symptoms to prevent severe illness. COVID is here to stay. We're vaccinated now it shouldn't be much worse than a bad cold. We're going to have to live with that.

Back