News Gegard Mousasi to defend title vs. John Salter at Bellator 264, Aug. 13

Guess Tokov in October? Honestly the best time line since Tokov can't get a visa and if Mousasi is ready to fight, this gives him enough time to recover for the Fedor Card in Moscow

So they had a press conference and didn't think to announce an upcoming title fight on it?

giphy.gif

Salter is the #1 contender but I prefer the Tokov fight

Tokov vs Vanderford for the next title shot?

Salter is the #1 contender but I prefer the Tokov fight

Tokov vs Vanderford for the next title shot?
I don't think Tokov can make it into the US because off visa problems. Hopefully he takes a one off fight against someone on the Russian scene and then faces the winner off this bout in October.

Guess Tokov in October? Honestly the best time line since Tokov can't get a visa and if Mousasi is ready to fight, this gives him enough time to recover for the Fedor Card in Moscow
2 months is a pretty quick turnaround, realistically I don't see it.

Tokov vs Van Steenis or Vanderford would make a lot of sense.

Glad Salter took the fight. I think he provides a formidable test for Mousasi. Definitely not the biggest challenge but Salter will not be easy for sure. What stands out is that they’re back to CT for this one. So much for the “back on the road” talk Coker was having.

I say Tokov still needs to fight on that Russia card even if it’s not a title fight so Tokov vs Vanderford or Van Steenis.

Glad Salter took the fight. I think he provides a formidable test for Mousasi. Definitely not the biggest challenge but Salter will not be easy for sure. What stands out is that they’re back to CT for this one. So much for the “back on the road” talk Coker was having.
If they don’t do the Yoel fight in Miami, they are honestly dumb

I'm happy to see Moose back at it, hopefully he comes in with some urgency.

He's coming after another torn ACL by the way :(
Yes, I recall reading about it. I wonder if he's going to fight more safely (like he did in the Latifi fight), or if he's going to go balls to the wall to try and get Salter out if there early?

Back