News Gegard Mousasi to defend title vs. John Salter at Bellator 264, Aug. 13

Yeah they pop up on ONE from time to time, but not as much as PFL.

Motherfuckers here love to hate on Combate, but at least they're keeping their cards free of leg humpers.
If you're just worried about leg humpers, then two of the Chechens I mentioned are not a concern to you. But a couple of the americans, and one italian almost certainly, will not fill you with pleasure.

None of the Dagestanis are going to be able to stink up the joint quite like Danny Sabatello anyway.

If you're just worried about leg humpers, then two of the Chechens I mentioned are not a concern to you. But a couple of the americans, and one italian almost certainly, will not fill you with pleasure.
Wait till he watches the Italian Stallion Sabatello on the prelims off this event.

I watch One actually, I like it. I like kickboxing/muay thai so the shows are entertaining. The MMA is not that great outside off the top 5 but fun in the low skilled kind off way.

And ya, Combate and Cage Warriors are the only mid tier and above promotions (I still think Combate is below Titan FC levels) free from Dagis.

Now imagine if ONE decided to add as many Dagis to the same card as Bellator or PFL did. All that momentum from those high paced kickboxing/muay thai fights would be destroyed and viewers would be falling asleep.

Now imagine if ONE decided to add as many Dagis to the same card as Bellator or PFL did. All that momentum from those high paced kickboxing/muay thai fights would be destroyed and viewers would be falling asleep.
To be fair, off all the Dagis and other Caucasians Bellator has brought in, only Mamedov is a leg humper. Usman is actually more stand up, Khasan also got slick standup, Magomed is active on the ground and does damage. Even that Gadzi guy they brought in KOd his opponent on the feet.

Wait till he watches the Italian Stallion Sabatello on the prelims off this event.

Careful he's a gangster, the kind of gangster that will cling to your back for dear life for 15 minutes without doing anything. You'd better watch your mouth bro.

To be fair, off all the Dagis and other Caucasians Bellator has brought in, only Mamedov is a leg humper. Usman is actually more stand up, Khasan also got slick standup, Magomed is active on the ground and does damage. Even that Gadzi guy they brought in KOd his opponent on the feet.

They signed Khabilov don't forget, he's a leg humper apart from the one fight where he suplexed the shit out of Vinc Pichel in a spectacular display of false advertising.

Motherfuckers here love to hate on Combate, but at least they're keeping their cards free of leg humpers.
I mean the hard working, analog watching fans obviously don't want to see some Russki scum on their Combate shows. Their viewership might drop from 800K to 500K

They signed Khabilov don't forget, he's a leg humper apart from the one fight where he suplexed the shit out of Vinc Pichel in a spectacular display of false advertising.
The most exciting part of Khabilov is the highlight video song choices people made for him before he came to the UFC. Every highlight video should have Europop remixes off popular songs

I mean the hard working, analog watching fans obviously don't want to see some Russki scum on their Combate shows. Their viewership might drop from 800K to 500K

Yeah, imagine actually owning a television with basic cable. What will they think of next.

I have noticed that Usman prefers to strike if he can. He's certainly not bad at it, but at a certain point it won't be worth the risk anymore unless it's against another wrestler like Mamedov. Bellator's LW division is weird right now. Most the ranked guys suck and most the unranked guys are very good. But certainly as he moves up or even if he were to, dare I say, mix up promotions, you get into a lot of 50-50 fights and maybe you come out on top on the feet and maybe you get clipped but eventually you just wouldn't take the risk because it's your O and your career that you're playing with and I think it'd be unwise to gamble that on a preference.

I have noticed that Usman prefers to strike if he can. He's certainly not bad at it, but at a certain point it won't be worth the risk anymore unless it's against another wrestler like Mamedov. Bellator's LW division is weird right now. Most the ranked guys suck and most the unranked guys are very good. But certainly as he moves up or even if he were to, dare I say, mix up promotions, you get into a lot of 50-50 fights and maybe you come out on top on the feet and maybe you get clipped but eventually you just wouldn't take the risk because it's your O and your career that you're playing with and I think it'd be unwise to gamble that on a preference.

That's pretty much the same way Umar fights really. They both like to strike initially but if they're not happy with the way it's going they've got the option of going to the grappling.

According to the Bellator website, looks like main card is official, and a couple off bouts officially announced

Middleweight Gegard Mousasi (c) vs. John Salter
Welterweight Andrey Koreshkov vs. Sabah Homasi
Bantamweight Raufeon Stots vs. Magomed Magomedov
Heavyweight Davion Franklin vs. Everett Cummings
Middleweight Ty Gwerder vs. Khadzhimurat Bestaev

Preliminary card (Youtube/Pluto TV)
Women's Featherweight Pam Sorenson vs. Roberta Paim Samad
Bantamweight Danny Sabatello vs. Johnny Campbell
Featherweight Sebastian Ruiz vs. Jeffrey Glossner
Light Heavyweight Orlando Mendoza vs. Jon McNeil
Featherweight Nekruz Mirkhojaev vs. James Adcock
Lightweight Justin Montalvo vs. Kendly St. Louis
To say the prelims are shitty is a major understatement, no prospects at all, just local dudes I guess. The Franklin and Gwerder fights would have been decent preliminaries but somehow they are in the main event.

Based on Wikipedia -- there is 5 Dagestani on current PFL roster and 11 on roster of ONE (I counted only mma fighters also counted as Dagestani dude who lives in Turkey and dude who was born and lived in Kazakhstan (according to Russian commentators)).

To say the prelims are shitty is a major understatement, no prospects at all, just local dudes I guess. The Franklin and Gwerder fights would have been decent preliminaries but somehow they are in the main event.
Yeah, the prelims are super underwhelming. The only fight that has implications for the division would be the Sabatello fight, but obviously not that many people are excited for it. Myself included to be frank.

Main card is good though. Gwerder vs. Bestaev is like the fun fight, I don't think either of them will be close to the title picture in that division maybe ever, but maybe they can give some fireworks. The Franklin fight is also important because they need to keep building him. Stots Magomedov is a very important fight for the division. Koreshkov vs. Homasi should be a really really good fight. Very good matchmaking. The main event is pretty mediocre.

Back