General MMA discussion and future lines - August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me it's a stupid idea to bet my entire bank roll on Gall to beat CM Punk? No matter how bad Gall is, he is still not a worn out wrestler without real fighting experience.

Just saw betting lines of Gall Punk.... Holy crap only -280 for Gall? I'll make a moderate bet as we get closer to the fight, more casuals will bet on Punk so the odds will only get better

Can anyone tell me it's a stupid idea to bet my entire bank roll on Gall to beat CM Punk? No matter how bad Gall is, he is still not a worn out wrestler without real fighting experience.

Very stupid. Don't get me wrong I see where you're coming from and I'm tempted to as well but it's a stupid thing to do. I will probably put a unit or two on Gall ITD or by sub depending on the line.

Mexico City card just got two great fights for betting

Masvidal vs Gastelum
Diego vs Held

Heavily favor Gastelum by dec (of course) and also pretty heavily favor cardio Diego to win a dec over Held.

Joe Rogan said on his show that Punk has been living and training at Duke Roufus' camp for like 2 years in Milwaukee. Initially I was really hyped on Gall crushing Punk but now I am not so sure.

Secondly, Punk seems to really want to do this and clearly isn't doing this just for the money. He is personally very motivated to fight.

Finally, there is something psychological that happens when people become steep dogs. Some fighters love to prove the public wrong when everyone is doubting them. Some fighters really thrive on being a dog and get extra motivation to win - which is scary in this case.

It is hard to know if this is just the UFC advertising machine trying to convince us that this will be competitive.

The biggest question mark in my mind is Punk's mindset and psychological strength. Not everyone is cut out to fight. It will be interesting to see how Punk responds to getting hit a couple times.

Gall is young and perhaps overlooking Punk a bit here. I am starting to like the under more than either ML. It would be amazing of Punk ko'd the kid in r1.

Mexico City card just got two great fights for betting

Masvidal vs Gastelum
Diego vs Held

Heavily favor Gastelum by dec (of course) and also pretty heavily favor cardio Diego to win a dec over Held.
I'll take Marcin Held for another sig bet. 1 month.

I'll take Marcin Held for another sig bet. 1 month.
hmmm we'll see how I feel and where lines are at come fight time, have 2.5 months still. But you might have to up the ante for me, can't keep letting you have these even terms when i'm on the side of the big dog (assume Diego will prob have similar price as Bec)

hmmm we'll see how I feel and where lines are at come fight time, have 2.5 months still. But you might have to up the ante for me, can't keep letting you have these even terms when i'm on the side of the big dog (assume Diego will prob have similar price as Bec)
I don't need to up the ante for YOU, when you're the one thinking a loser will come out as a winner.

Betting lines shouldn't be the deciding factor in sig bets. You either think someone will win or you don't.

I'm confident Held will win. Are you confident Sanchez will win?

I don't need to up the ante for YOU, when you're the one thinking a loser will come out as a winner.

Betting lines shouldn't be the deciding factor in sig bets. You either think someone will win or you don't.

I'm confident Held will win. Are you confident Sanchez will win?
No i'm not that confident, and yes you do have to up the ante when you're too coward to sig bet me on fights with even lines or with dogs you like.

Lmk when theres a +200 dog you like and i'll take the favorite in a sig bet since it doesn't matter....

No i'm not that confident, and yes you do have to up the ante when you're too coward to sig bet me on fights with even lines or with dogs you like.

Lmk when theres a +200 dog you like and i'll take the favorite in a sig bet since it doesn't matter....
I mean, you're the one who said you like Diego Sanchez to beat Marcin Held in Mexico City... ...I'm only going off of what you pick.

I know that if I wasn't confident in a fighter, I wouldn't pick him to win 2 months or so ahead of his fight. Maybe you're not as confident in Diego as you initially thought you were.

I mean, you're the one who said you like Diego Sanchez to beat Marcin Held in Mexico City... ...I'm only going off of what you pick.

I know that if I wasn't confident in a fighter, I wouldn't pick him to win 2 months or so ahead of his fight. Maybe you're not as confident in Diego as you initially thought you were.
If Diego opens at +140ish which seems like a reasonable assumption, his decision line will be +200ish, I like that a fuck ton. Much better than i'd like a play on Held. I'll play Diego by dec in this spot with the quickness at anything +150 or better. But this isn't a Bec type play.

How about you pick a close to +200 dog, we'll see if they do anywhere near as good as Bec, and will sig bet?

If Diego opens at +140ish which seems like a reasonable assumption, his decision line will be +200ish, I like that a fuck ton. Much better than i'd like a play on Held. I'll play Diego by dec in this spot with the quickness at anything +150 or better. But this isn't a Bec type play.

How about you pick a close to +200 dog, we'll see if they do anywhere near as good as Bec, and will sig bet?
There's only 3 on this card. I want to fuck one of them, but she's the least proven of the 3 fighters.

I guess I'll take Latifi for a 3-week sig bet.

Either Bader does an amazing job with his jabs and low leg kicks for 3 rounds, or he can't handle/gets surprised by the speed of Latifi and gets clipped.

There's only 2 on this card.

I guess I'll take Latifi for a 3-week sig bet.

Either Bader does an amazing job with his jabs and low leg kicks for 3 rounds, or he can't handle/gets surprised by the speed of Latifi and gets clipped.
Wait....just like that you're gonna take a big dog? I mean, no rush lol but i'll gladly take Bader

Wait....just like that you're gonna take a big dog? I mean, no rush lol but i'll gladly take Bader
223779d1459933202t-backup-backup-backup-now-i-like-live-dangerously_b6e28243d11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back