General MMA discussion and future lines - February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he'll be less than -200, sham, joseph. mcgee looked pretty much the same in his return fight as he did previously. he still has bookie and bettor respect

i think he'll be less than -200, sham, joseph. mcgee looked pretty much the same in his return fight as he did previously. he still has bookie and bettor respect
I think he looked more robotic than usual. Very stiff etc.

I haven't seen McGee's comeback fight so will need to watch that first but I currently lean strongly towards Ponz.

wonderboy at 6.0 (+500)
Rumble 8.0 (+700)

the only way I see rumble's odds not shortening significantly is if DC beats jones lining up a trilogy between them, or an injury. He's obviously going to fight for the title next otherwise as the division is cleaned out after AJ. Im thinking his odds vs jones would be somewhere between 4.0/5.0 (+300/+400) so I took the 8.0 hoping to trade for green on both sides later in the year. I think it's worth the small risk of DC winning though.

Also took wonderboy at 7.0 last week, well worth a bet at those odds imo. I think this should be his price even if lawler already had a fight booked with condit or woodley. wonderboy's price vs lawler I could see opening at near evens or at most 3.0 (+200). and there's a decent chance he can get the next shot after destroying hendricks. Again I could see the 7.0 not changing that much if he doesn't get the next shot, as there's still a good chance he's next in line, or after a number 1 contender match-up mid year and a shot at the title late 2016.

Last edited:
wonderboy at 6.0 (+500)
Rumble 8.0 (+700)

the only way I see rumble's odds not shortening significantly is if DC beats jones lining up a trilogy between them, or an injury. He's obviously going to fight for the title next otherwise as the division is cleaned out after AJ. Im thinking his odds vs jones would be somewhere between 4.0/5.0 (+300/+400) so I took the 8.0 hoping to trade for green on both sides later in the year. I think it's worth the small risk of DC winning though.

Also took wonderboy at 7.0 last week, well worth a bet at those odds imo. I think this should be his price even if lawler already had a fight booked with condit or woodley. wonderboy's price vs lawler I could see opening at near evens or at most 3.0 (+200). and there's a decent chance he can get the next shot after destroying hendricks. Again I could see the 7.0 not changing that much if he doesn't get the next shot, as there's still a good chance he's next in line, or after a number 1 contender match-up mid year and a shot at the title late 2016.

Where you get Wonderboy @ +500? Only one I can see is Ladbrokes and he is +350 there. Defo will take him @ +500.

Where you get Wonderboy @ +500? Only one I can see is Ladbrokes and he is +350 there. Defo will take him @ +500.

yo, he's +500 at paddypower/unibet/888/32red atm. wish I'd hit that for more at +600 last week now

wow Paddypower have miocic to be champ at 6.0 (+500)!! the fight has been announced right? if not officially confirmed. Demian maia was talking about it on the mma hour the other day as he's on the same card. prettty sure he said it's on I'll have to recheck. apparently they gubbed my account though so I can't take that price unfortunately. most places have him 3.75 (+285) which is too short imo, but 6.0 could well be worth it as you can likely freeroll when the odds vs werdum come out, I doubt miocic will be much more than 4.0 max

sorry for the spam but saw another interesting market that ladbrokes have for P4P number 1 at the end of the year. think I'll put a tiny flyer on mighty mouse and a smallish bet on jones. werdum is very unlikely to get it, but at 50/1 worth a quid or so :p thoughts?

Jon Jones
Conor McGregor
Rafael do Anjos
Demetrious Jonhson
Daniel Cormier
Dominick Cruz
Robbie Lawler
Luke Rockhold
Jose Aldo
Holly Holm
Ronda Rousey
Fabricio Werdum

TJ +275 to be champ. He gets immediate rematch surely? Got to be worth a bet.

Ferg +1200. Surely he gers title shot if beats Khabib?

Trinaldo vs Yancy Medeiros

Yeesh. Trinaldo gonna be a massive favorite. Hopefully he stays within the -350 or less range for parlay fodder.

no way. noooo way. maybe -180?
You think? I sure as fuck hope you're right, but after that performance vs Pearson to solidify Trinaldo as the real deal and Yancy's atrocious fight vs Makdessi think they will try to juice Trinaldo a bit

You think? I sure as fuck hope you're right, but after that performance vs Pearson to solidify Trinaldo as the real deal and Yancy's atrocious fight vs Makdessi think they will try to juice Trinaldo a bit

i didn't think yancy's fight with makdessi was atrocious whatsoever. he beat a reputable striker in a striking battle.

i didn't think yancy's fight with makdessi was atrocious whatsoever. he beat a reputable striker in a striking battle.
That fight was garbage man lol neither looked good at all. Think we saw maybe like 5 strikes land in that one lol neither looked loose or comfortable at any point.

But I hope you're right. At -180 i'll stay on board the Trinaldo train in a huge way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back