General MMA discussion and future lines - February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ might be worth it, realistically who else is going to get the next shot after dc loses, there's no one else in the division, and he should handle bader with ease. I might put a flyer on that, Jones will likely defend the title again this year, 1 more fight after DC for him to clean the division out again.
I agree except the part with cleaning out the division. In a best case scenario for the division Gus beats maybe Bader and some other guy around top5 while Jones fight DC+AJ. We got really "unlucky" with DC beating AJ+Gus, would have worked out way better with any other result imo.

Either way, it feels pretty safe that AJ gets a title shot in 2016.

Yeah man think you're off. 100 percent Rothwell is going to be the favorite imo, its just by how much. Like JG said, JDS looked horrible against Reem and before that the Stipe fight showed him slowing, and only added to his wear and tear
Yeah I may be. You won't get me to argue how awful and timid he looked last time out. I am looking strictly from and odds makers stand point when I say I could see him being favored as he still carries a fairly big name and will attract decent money I would think. I do kind of like his chances to keep this on the feet and out strike Rothwell though. I imagine he will have a much easier time pulling the trigger against Rothwell as opposed to Reem.

Yeah I may be. You won't get me to argue how awful and timid he looked last time out. I am looking strictly from and odds makers stand point when I say I could see him being favored as he still carries a fairly big name and will attract decent money I would think. I do kind of like his chances to keep this on the feet and out strike Rothwell though. I imagine he will have a much easier time pulling the trigger against Rothwell as opposed to Reem.
This would've been an amazing fight and great stylistic matchup for prime JDS, but I can't trust him anymore. If Rothwell isn't a big favorite i'll def play him

This would've been an amazing fight and great stylistic matchup for prime JDS, but I can't trust him anymore. If Rothwell isn't a big favorite i'll def play him

For sure, not by any means saying I will be playing JDS for sure as I am a Rothwell believer. Which is why I dislike this fight in general. Need to see the odds and very curious to see what they are.

RE Rothwell/JDS

I've said it before, I'll say it again. At HW, I truly believe in almost every fight you start with durability and work your way backward when capping. Prior to Cain's revenge, JDS was among the most durable HW's on the planet. Those days are long gone. While Ben still looks to be able to take a shot and respond. Given the fact that HW's simply don't slip punches as well as the lighter classes (and hit so much harder), I will never back a guy who's not durable vs a guy who is unless pretty much every other factor is EXTREMELY tilted toward the less durable fighter (or the odds are just so silly you have to play him). I'd cap Ben -200 here minimum. I'd feel comfortable playing him at that price for sure. I hope he's less than that, but tend to doubt he will be.

Whittaker vs Rafael Natal @ 197

Whittaker guaranteed to be unplayable

Reportedly it was originally supposed to be JDS/Browne until Browne had to pull out with a foot injury. Big Ben stepped up and asked for the fight because he wants to stay active and strengthen his case for a title shot. Now it makes more sense.

I agree that as a pickem ben is the right side. I wont be surprised if we get ben at + though.

JDS is a bigger name even tho he is on the decline. Could be a great spot to hit bens opener at +150

Meisha +5.5 pts +155?

i think i like it, but man, idk. i wanna say "holm still sucks".. but man, does she? how much of that fight was ronda fighting like a crazy person? we've never seen power like that from holm before...

tate also is a notoriously slow starter

i think i like it, but man, idk. i wanna say "holm still sucks".. but man, does she? how much of that fight was ronda fighting like a crazy person? we've never seen power like that from holm before...

tate also is a notoriously slow starter
I wouldn't go as far to say of "Holly still sucks", but she is definitely being overrated after the Rousey fight. Ronda fought the absolute worst fight you can against Holly and did the exact opposite of what she said she was going to do. I remember watching her on a talk show (forgot which one) saying exactly what she could not afford to do against Holly but went in the octagon and did exactly what she said she was not going to do. I don't know if it was the weigh in that got to her, but she fought like a complete idiot, right into Holly's strengths. Excluding the fight with Reneau, who iirc, fought scared, I was unimpressed with Holly in her fight against Pennington.

Here, I found the video. 00:30-00:45. Basically everything she said there, happened. But what was even worse was that Holly was in Ronda's head before the fight even started and Ronda played RIGHT into Holly's realm

Coral open with:

Mickey Gall 1/2 -200
CM Punk 6/4 +150

Yeah man think you're off. 100 percent Rothwell is going to be the favorite imo, its just by how much. Like JG said, JDS looked horrible against Reem and before that the Stipe fight showed him slowing, and only added to his wear and tear
While this is true, Ben is at a HUGE speed disadvantage. Wasn't he getting tagged repeatedly my Meathead before that stupid takedown? JDS may have been tentative in his last fight but Overeems and Rothwells stand up is miles apart. I'd be all over JDS as a significant dog

I think Ben will be a slight favourite. I favour Ben but i try to steer clear of betting HW fights as a general rule of thumb. However I would prob stab at JDS by decision. Think he could pot shot his way to a decision.

Put £40 on Ferg sub at +500. £115 (biggest best Betvictor would let me place) Ferg SU @ +175 and £100 Magny dec @ +225.

Article out with Khabib talking about how he cuts 37lbs and how it is going to be difficult with no IV and he thought about moving up to WW. Says this year he will stay at LW.

Coral open with:

Mickey Gall 1/2 -200
CM Punk 6/4 +150

Holy crap I hope 5d is something close to that. I don't think Punk makes it out of the first round. I will be all over Gall itd, Gall rd 1, etc.

Article out with Khabib talking about how he cuts 37lbs and how it is going to be difficult with no IV and he thought about moving up to WW. Says this year he will stay at LW.

For one fight anyway LOL.

When Ferg stops him we may see the move up to 170 a bit sooner for Khabib...

yea, but natal has to have value at some point...
I see Whittaker fighting for the belt by early next year. He's definitely the future of the division (kind of easy to say though when everyone is old). I don't plan on touching natal at any price, but if he's a crazy under dog you can't blame anyone for stabbing him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back