General MMA discussion and future lines - January 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
UFC Fight Night 82 - Bantamweight 3 rounds - Consol Energy Center - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - PPV
Sun 2/21 1101 Cody Garbrandt +110 o2½ +100
11:00PM 1102 John Lineker -150 u2½ -140

lineker opened -140, missed it, betting -150 right now

----------

UFC Fight Night 83 - Bantamweight 3 rounds - The O2 Arena - London, United Kingdom - UFC Fight Pass

Sat 2/27 1301 Francisco Rivera -215 o2½ -110
4:30PM 1302 Brad Pickett +165 u2½ -130

hrmmmm rivera? u2.5? hrmmm

-----------

UFC 197 - Lightweight 3 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada

Sat 3/5 1201 Michael Johnson +195 o2½ -125
11:00PM 1202 Tony Ferguson -275 u2½ -115

ferguson opened -230, missed it, argggh, now idk what to do.

Well Ferg opened -400 at Unibet so here's hoping i can nab him at a Euro book at -250. Would have liked closer to -200 tho!

What are you guys thinking of the Cody Lineker line? I think i really like Lineker here. Cody hasn't overly impressed me. I bet him against Briones and was pretty disappointed in his performance. He stopped Brimage late but I am sure I remember him letting Brimage back into the fight after a strong first round. Maybe Lineker SU and possible hedge Cody by dec as Lineker's never been stopped by strikes?

anyone else having issues with BFO alerts lately? i had all of these selected for alerts, didn't get emailed on ANY of the 3 (i've been using it for years and know how it works, just in case)
Same issue for me, no alerts lately

What are you guys thinking of the Cody Lineker line? I think i really like Lineker here. Cody hasn't overly impressed me. I bet him against Briones and was pretty disappointed in his performance. He stopped Brimage late but I am sure I remember him letting Brimage back into the fight after a strong first round. Maybe Lineker SU and possible hedge Cody by dec as Lineker's never been stopped by strikes?

I said I bet lineker!

Like the over at first glance. I know Linekar has big power but I think Cody will try grind him. I think both guys have taken clean shots and ate them easily (I straight up KNOW Linekar has, and I think Cody has too).

Ferg maybe still have value at -275? Or might just wait for his itd and/or sub line. The great thing about Ferg is that he's predictably reckless. And seems to have a granite chin (and knows it). He just doesn't care if he gets hit coming in and it allows him to close distance and dictate how the fights play out. He's going to be in MJ's face from the start. I don't know who at 155 scares Ferg enough on the mat for him to avoid the crazy stuff he tries (all the rolling for leg locks, etc) but it's not MJ.

I don't think the fight will look a whole lot like the first one. Ferg has hit his stride and knows exactly how he wants fights to happen (and has the ability to dictate that they do) and MJ seems like a guy who's unsure of himself now.

Ferg maybe still have value at -275? Or might just wait for his itd and/or sub line. The great thing about Ferg is that he's predictably reckless. And seems to have a granite chin (and knows it). He just doesn't care if he gets hit coming in and it allows him to close distance and dictate how the fights play out. He's going to be in MJ's face from the start. I don't know who at 155 scares Ferg enough on the mat for him to avoid the crazy stuff he tries (all the rolling for leg locks, etc) but it's not MJ.

I don't think the fight will look a whole lot like the first one. Ferg has hit his stride and knows exactly how he wants fights to happen (and has the ability to dictate that they do) and MJ seems like a guy who's unsure of himself now.
Don't forget fergs arm was broken in rd 1 last time

And i agree; they're on different trajectories.

I want ferg sub opener so badly

Threw ferg in a couple open parlays in case price continues to worsen

unibet

maia 1.28 immortal 3.50

maia unplayable

could happen on 5d, unibet is often different

alerts are NOT working, tho. i had an alert set for lineker-garbrandt movement (dual alert) -- lineker just got bet, it didn't alert me

i shit you not. it just emailed me that alert, LOL. (that garbrandt price increased).. hours after it did

lol @ Maia's price. Whatever, Brown is gonna be a tougher fight than these odds would suggest, so at least he'll hold value and I def don't mind cheering for him either.

100 to win 28

I was a little off it's -357. Yeah that's way unplayable. Even though Maia will do what he does most likely.

The only questions I have are A) what will Maia's dec line be and B) is Brown good enough off his back to survive and not get subbed.

I was a little off it's -357. Yeah that's way unplayable. Even though Maia will do what he does most likely.

The only questions I have are A) what will Maia's dec line be and B) is Brown good enough off his back to survive and not get subbed.
I don't think anyone is good enough off their back to avoid Maia either subbing or just crushing you with incredible top game jits. But at least Brown is tough as fuck, good tdd especially in the clinch, and the better striker. Also can't hurt he trains with Magny who might remember some of Maia's tricks.

I don't think anyone is good enough off their back to avoid Maia either subbing or just crushing you with incredible top game jits. But at least Brown is tough as fuck, good tdd especially in the clinch, and the better striker. Also can't hurt he trains with Magny who might remember some of Maia's tricks.

You know what really sucks? I was pretty sure they'd make Maia/Condit next. And that maybe they'd make it a main event for a Fight Night so it was 5 rounds. And we'd all have been betting Condit rd 4 and Condit rd 5 with some juicy odds and made bank when NBK stopped Maia late in that fight.

Instead Maia gets Brown, and yet another 3 rounder. Nothing against Maia, the guy is amazing at what he does. But given his ranking and the fact he at least is in consideration for the next title shot (after Woodley I'd imagine) you'd think they'd give him a 5 rounder so we can see how his cardio holds up.

You know what really sucks? I was pretty sure they'd make Maia/Condit next. And that maybe they'd make it a main event for a Fight Night so it was 5 rounds. And we'd all have been betting Condit rd 4 and Condit rd 5 with some juicy odds and made bank when NBK stopped Maia late in that fight.

Instead Maia gets Brown, and yet another 3 rounder. Nothing against Maia, the guy is amazing at what he does. But given his ranking and the fact he at least is in consideration for the next title shot (after Woodley I'd imagine) you'd think they'd give him a 5 rounder so we can see how his cardio holds up.

They gave him a 5 rounder less than a year ago and his gas tank didn't hold up. The fifth round of that Laflare fight was horrible. Nobody wants a repeat of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back