General MMA discussion and future lines - July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Android box with kodi but you could just set up kodi on your laptop and stream it to your computer
I knew kodi had alot of content but didnt know live streaming of sporting events were on it? Thats awesome

I knew kodi had alot of content but didnt know live streaming of sporting events were on it? Thats awesome
I usually stream btsports, not HD but pretty decent quality and they air the prelims aswell

Not necessarily talking betting value here -- I am curious to know who everyone believes is most likely to come away with a win this weekend.

Of the 70 some odd fighters this weekend, what individual are you almost certain is coming away with a W?

I am thinking about taking the 3-4 most frequently mentioned fighters ITT and throwing them into a parlay.

If you are fairly certain that a fight is going O/U 1.5 or 2.5 rounds, then that will work as well.

My most confident pick -- oddly enough, Gray Maynard.

Go.

For the odds. I'd say Joanna. By decision too. But I think TJ is most likely gonna win.

Not necessarily talking betting value here -- I am curious to know who everyone believes is most likely to come away with a win this weekend.

Of the 70 some odd fighters this weekend, what individual are you almost certain is coming away with a W?

I am thinking about taking the 3-4 most frequently mentioned fighters ITT and throwing them into a parlay.

If you are fairly certain that a fight is going O/U 1.5 or 2.5 rounds, then that will work as well.

Go.

Odds reflect it but I have a very hard time seeing TJ losing. Maybe it's my Dom Cruz man-crush making me biased, but the fact that TJ was right in that fight the entire way shows he's simply on another level than RA at this point.

Go.
Interesting question. I'd say Li Jingliang and Dillashaw.

Go.

I'll join you on this parlay. I'm most confident in burns and jingliang. Also like JJ/DC o4.5

CmnBIb_WcAA64Um.jpg

Mcfake editing the sparring video with van herdeem

CmnBIb_WcAA64Um.jpg

Mcfake editing the sparring video with van herdeem
This guy seems like such a douche. Took passive aggressive jabs at Conor a few weeks ago, and now is butthurt about an edited video that Conor more than likely had nothing to do with? Real nice

Gonna be a crazy next four nights

All times ET

Wednesday
Ufn 90 Weighins 7:00
Tuf last episode 10:00

Thursday
Tuf Weighins 4:00
Ufn 90 6:30

Friday
200 Weighins 6:00
Tuf 23 7:00

Saturday
Ufc 200 6:30

Gonna be a crazy next four nights

All times ET

Wednesday
Ufn 90 Weighins 7:00
Tuf last episode 10:00

Thursday
Tuf Weighins 4:00
Ufn 90 6:30

Friday
200 Weighins 6:00
Tuf 23 7:00

Saturday
Ufc 200 6:30
Forgot the most important thing.

Conor vs Nate presser tomorrow I believe at 230 EST

Go.
Cain

Really? Cain is your most confident pick? I know Travis is not an elite HW yet but he has shown pieces of brilliance here and there. Cain might be declining after being out two years of being out. His knees aren't the same. BUT he still is top 3 HW of all time so I've not written him off (not even close). Care to explain?

Really? Cain is your most confident pick? I know Travis is not an elite HW yet but he has shown pieces of brilliance here and there. Cain might be declining after being out two years of being out. His knees aren't the same. BUT he still is top 3 HW of all time so I've not written him off (not even close). Care to explain?
For what it's worth, I actually think Northcutt is the 'L' word (rhymes with block ;) ) for this weekend (@edole ) but i forgot about him for a second. Regarding the Cain-Browne fight, though:

I dont think Browne is in the same league as Cain. Sure, Cain didn't look good last time out against Werdum but like you said, he was coming off a long layoff (and some people will argue he didnt train hard, high elevation factor) and Werdum is a hell of a fighter. i think its really silly to speculate that Cain is declining bc of one loss. If he comes out and looks like a shell of himself on Saturday then we can talk about decline going forward but one fight with a lot of variables isnt enough to make me panic about Cain as a fighter. In a similar situation, I remember many people being so low on JDS before his fight against Rothwell because of how he looked against Overeem, speculating that his chin was shot and he was a shell of himself even though he is probably the worst style match up for Rothwell in the HW division. I actually think Cain is a bad match up for Browne

One of Browne's advantages at HW is his athleticism/speed but I feel like that's going to be negated in this fight because he's fighting a guy who's faster and more technical than he is on the feet. Browne has never faced a wrestler of Cain's caliber but Cain has shown that he can completely negate good strikers through his wrestling and cage hugging. The size/length advantage is a bit worrisome, especially if Browne is throwing those straight punches down the middle that Werdum and Kongo has success with, but at the end of the day, Cain is gonna dictate where this fight takes place and he's going to get Browne to the floor. At that point, it's going to be Cain's world and Browne isn't going to have the luxury of Cain getting tired like he did in the Overeem fight

Two additional notes:
-Browne trains with Edmond (LOL) while Cain trains at AKA w/ Cormier and Luke
-Cain's back surgery a few months ago was to remove bone spurs. While ALL surgeries are serious, its a far cry from what people think of when they hear someone is having back surgery.

^^ definitely don't think sage is a lock. Marin is not a can

Nor is cain. Browne can hurt him.. Cain lots of injuries and layoff etc.. heavyweights...

Uhhh most confident pick of the weekend? Odds aside? Idk. Maybe jingliang? Not one LOCK imo on all 3 cards

^^ definitely don't think sage is a lock. Marin is not a can

Nor is cain. Browne can hurt him.. Cain lots of injuries and layoff etc.. heavyweights...

Uhhh most confident pick of the weekend? Odds aside? Idk. Maybe jingliang? Not one LOCK imo on all 3 cards
Marin is tailor made for Sage imo. BTW i posted this in the other thread but Jones pulled from the main event for failed drug test

Good lord. Barboza opened -161 on Unibet. Smashing that.

@Sham5916910 good we didn't bite on that betsafe line lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back