General MMA discussion and future lines - May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
th
Weeell not really comparable at all considering Serra had multiple UFC fights before that.

Some lines got released on Betsafe for some Euro fights. Anyone got a clue?

Cage 35:
Arnold 'Silverback' Quero +325 (4.25)
vs. Rafael Domingos -525 (1.19)

Anton Kuivanen -295 (1.34)
vs. Felipe Silva +200 (3.00)
Unibet has lines for Cage as well, slight better odds for Quero (+350).

Nr. 1 Fight Show:

Vladislav Zõrjanov -370 (1.27)
vs. Petr Sherstyukov +235 (3.35)

Edvin-Erik Kibus +140 (2.40)
Zaur Dzavadov -200 (1.50)

Maxim Spodarenko -133 (1.75)
Jevgeni Ševtšenko -105 (1.95)

All fights seem to happen tomorrow. Nr. 1 Fight show's fighters seem to not even have Sherdog profiles, let alone get any useful links via Google, lol

Weeell not really comparable at all considering Serra had multiple UFC fights before that.

I know. But he had washed out and was like +700 in that title fight...

it's relevant, tho.. we were all saying "this is so stupid, it's absurd that tuf winner gets a titleshot" etc.. and then serra did it.. and lutter almost beat anderson, too

I just wanna know who they're going to get for that TUF season. They said everyone would be a champion, but smh if its lots of local champs.

Only dude who comes to mind i'd wanna see is Kairat Akhmetov, but unfortunately hes the One FC champ and isn't going anywhere

Lol what a joke. You know the division is officially fucked when a TUF winner gets a title shot.
I don't agree actually. If what was reported is true, they aren't just getting some regional Americans and various up and comers with a few fights, they're cherry picking experienced flyweight champions from all the international promotions around the world to be on TUF. I think it's an interesting twist and a great way to bolster the division as several of these guys will surely end up with UFC contracts regardless of the outcome of the winner who challenges Mighty Mouse. Hopefully they're able to get great talent.

Bovada

Zuffa to sell the UFC by the end of 2016

No -200
Yes +150

So much for Frankie Perez' short retirement following his win over Stout. He's fighting on June 11th in a nonUFC promotion

it's relevant, tho.. we were all saying "this is so stupid, it's absurd that tuf winner gets a titleshot" etc.. and then serra did it.. and lutter almost beat anderson, too

I don't agree actually. If what was reported is true, they aren't just getting some regional Americans and various up and comers with a few fights, they're cherry picking experienced flyweight champions from all the international promotions around the world to be on TUF. I think it's an interesting twist and a great way to bolster the division as several of these guys will surely end up with UFC contracts regardless of the outcome of the winner who challenges Mighty Mouse. Hopefully they're able to get great talent.

We'll see I guess. I hope you guys are right and it doesn't end up being a mockery.

We'll see I guess. I hope you guys are right and it doesn't end up being a mockery.

To be fair, at this point it looks like a mockery in every one of MM's fights at 125. Are any of these guys gonna get schooled any worse than Cejudo just did?

Some lines got released on Betsafe for some Euro fights. Anyone got a clue?

Cage 35:
Arnold 'Silverback' Quero +325 (4.25)
vs. Rafael Domingos -525 (1.19)

Anton Kuivanen -295 (1.34)
vs. Felipe Silva +200 (3.00)
Unibet has lines for Cage as well, slight better odds for Quero (+350).

Nr. 1 Fight Show:

Vladislav Zõrjanov -370 (1.27)
vs. Petr Sherstyukov +235 (3.35)

Edvin-Erik Kibus +140 (2.40)
Zaur Dzavadov -200 (1.50)

Maxim Spodarenko -133 (1.75)
Jevgeni Ševtšenko -105 (1.95)

All fights seem to happen tomorrow. Nr. 1 Fight show's fighters seem to not even have Sherdog profiles, let alone get any useful links via Google, lol
That no1 fight show is a mixed event with boxing, thaiboxning and mma

As fucked up as Mayhem Miller has been lately, I'm playing him +400. Barnatt isn't anything special besides his height/reach for the division...

As fucked up as Mayhem Miller has been lately, I'm playing him +400. Barnatt isn't anything special besides his height/reach for the division...

Heh I was thinking the same

Just noticed who pudz is fighting ... Rozalski was terrrrrrrible vs mcsweeney

Gray Maynard vs Fernando Bruno @ TUF Finale in July.

I can't believe this, but I actually might bet on Gray Maynard to win a fight in 2016. Dependent on lines.

Gray Maynard vs Fernando Bruno @ TUF Finale in July.

I can't believe this, but I actually might bet on Gray Maynard to win a fight in 2016. Dependent on lines.

So my question would be:

Does this Fernando Bruno fellow have a pulse? Because if the answer is yes, I don't think I can back Maynard here...

So my question would be:

Does this Fernando Bruno fellow have a pulse? Because if the answer is yes, I don't think I can back Maynard here...
Hes a guy who has very good jiu jitsu but not the best takedowns so does a lot of cage clinch grinding. His standup is basically non existent from what i've seen, just grind grind grind. I shit you not, the UFC could not have found a better stylistic matchup to put against Gray at 145. If there is ANYONE in the UFC he can beat, its Fernando Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back