General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

images

Whoa Ferg vs Do Bronx in a few weeks???

Dayum that is a hell of a fight. Guess we find out if my boy has truly hit that decline.

Cannot believe I'm saying this but with Tony approaching 37 and Charles seemingly hitting his prime...I lean Oliveira.

And yes, I did well up with tears as I typed that. Fight me.

Such a great fight. Oliveira has really upped his game lately. A few years back I wouldn’t have expected this to be too competitive but this should be a very close fight. If it were scheduled for 5 rounds I’d expect Ferg to break him late but I’m not confident he can do that in 15 minutes. Should be fireworks.

We’ll have to disagree on this one. Lightweight Porier took out Gaethje, Alvarez, (FW) Holloway, and Hooker. Destroyed by Khabib

lightweight Connor took out Alvarez, Cowboy, and split with Nate Diaz. Along with destroyed by Khabib as well

I’d just watch and enjoy if close to even, but nearly double payout on Porier vs McGregor who’s been semi retired other than fighting cowboy?

But look how sharp he looked against Cowboy. I know Cowboy is washed, but Conor didn't miss a step. I don't think his time off or ring rust is a factor. His self confidence is absolute.

Conor is just a terrible match up for Poirier. Their past opponents are irrelevant. We know styles make fights.

Can you remember a fight where Poirier didn't take a lot of damage? I honestly can't. He can't fight any other way. He leaves himself open constantly. That is a recipe for disaster in this fight.

Conor's cardio is undoubtedly terrible and it's a major area of concern for me, but it's a bit better at 155. He was injured and a borderline alcoholic for the Khabib fight and he managed to win the 3rd. He was fighting a 180lb+ zombie who was just eating every single power shot in the Nate fight. I think he still managed to win the 4th after getting a bit of a second from what I remember. Basically, I think he has enough for 3 good rounds vs Poirier at 155. Then he might have to hang on.

I jumped on Conor as soon as it was available, so maybe I'm being biased and trying to convince myself that it's a lock? It's possible, but this is how I see it atm.

Such a great fight. Oliveira has really upped his game lately. A few years back I wouldn’t have expected this to be too competitive but this should be a very close fight. If it were scheduled for 5 rounds I’d expect Ferg to break him late but I’m not confident he can do that in 15 minutes. Should be fireworks.

I think this being 3 rounds honestly. I think if it was 5, both would be a bit more cautious and measured. I think if Tony wants to break him, it has to be an absolute insane pace for 3 rounds. I also think Oliveira is most dangerous early too. I'll be shocked if this hits a decision.

Who will win at 170 pounds on December 19 and what odds would you make it?

Michel Pereira,
1 inch height adv
“I train with cows, work on taking them down, & run with horses,”

Khaos Williams,
4 inch Reach adv, 1 year younger
"People gonna keep sleeping on me and a doctor gonna keep waking them up"

Id want a decent dog price on Charles to bet it in a 3 rounder. May be recency bias but i think he will get bet into favourite...

Pereira v Khaos is a great fight. Pereira stand up gets underrated because he fucks around so much but hes quite skilled. Really good fight

Figeureido opened at 1.38 vs Moreno. Seems generous.

Any thoughts on Fiziev vs Moicano?

I think Fiziev at just under evens is very tempting.

Who will win at 170 pounds on December 19 and what odds would you make it?

Michel Pereira,
1 inch height adv
“I train with cows, work on taking them down, & run with horses,”

Khaos Williams,
4 inch Reach adv, 1 year younger
"People gonna keep sleeping on me and a doctor gonna keep waking them up"
I hope Perreira will be the dog. Still not sure how good Williams is. In a pure striking matchup I think Perreira is a beast!

Yan-Sterling is off 256

Whoa does that make Ferg/Do Bronx the ME? There's not another title fight is there?

Ferg just got more appealing if it's 5 rounds.

Whoa does that make Ferg/Do Bronx the ME? There's not another title fight is there?

Ferg just got more appealing if it's 5 rounds.
Fig vs moreno will be the titlefight

Fig vs moreno will be the titlefight
Moreno will be killed. Although another big weight cut for fig this quick from perez fight might give him some fits if early finish doesn't materialize.

Back