General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

Sky Sports odds for Connors next opponent (UK)

Khabib at +500 seems decent and Mayweather at +8000 with Mayweather apparently having some sort of deal set up with White
Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 00.01.03.png

Sky Sports odds for Connors next opponent (UK)

Khabib at +500 seems decent and Mayweather at +8000 with Mayweather apparently having some sort of deal set up with White
View attachment 714385

BetOnline has it a bit different:

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...or-who-will-be-conor-mcgregors-next-opponent/

Honestly, Ferguson at +1400 has huge value imo. Khabib is only around -230ish (I think? Haven't been tracking odds or anything) to beat Tony. If Tony wins, maybe "lock" is too strong, but it's VERY likely we'd see Conor vs Tony for the belt. Yes, maybe Conor takes a fight with Jorge at 170 first, definitely possible, but odds are garbage on that.

And...that's not even taking into account an injury to Khabib sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. If that were to happen, you can be sure Conor is getting offered first shot at being the replacement, likely for an interim belt.

BetOnline has it a bit different:

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...or-who-will-be-conor-mcgregors-next-opponent/

Honestly, Ferguson at +1400 has huge value imo. Khabib is only around -230ish (I think? Haven't been tracking odds or anything) to beat Tony. If Tony wins, maybe "lock" is too strong, but it's VERY likely we'd see Conor vs Tony for the belt. Yes, maybe Conor takes a fight with Jorge at 170 first, definitely possible, but odds are garbage on that.

And...that's not even taking into account an injury to Khabib sometime in the next 6 weeks or so. If that were to happen, you can be sure Conor is getting offered first shot at being the replacement, likely for an interim belt.

Kavanagh is talking about Gaetjhe at 170. I think Masvidal or Gaethje makes more sense, especially since both are looking for the fight and Conor wants to stay active

Kavanagh is talking about Gaetjhe at 170. I think Masvidal or Gaethje makes more sense, especially since both are looking for the fight and Conor wants to stay active

Yeah...but it's all posturing right now. At +1400 I'd take a stab on Tony.

Anybody know where those futures are on bol?

I'd be very surprised if Khabib is anywhere above 1.50. Don't get me wrong, I'd bet the fucking family on Khabib if it was anywhere near evens, but it's very doubtful.
lol last time out everyone kept going on and on about how connor would end up as the favourite towards the end, when in reality the price on khabib kept getting worse and worse. Betters are not completely retarded, khabib will never be higher than 1.4

lol last time out everyone kept going on and on about how connor would end up as the favourite towards the end, when in reality the price on khabib kept getting worse and worse. Betters are not completely retarded, khabib will never be higher than 1.4

Yeah, that's why there is a lot of delusion from the non-betting posters that come in the betting section on this site. There's a clear discrepancy in bias, where we generally deal in facts as opposed to fanboy conjecture. McGregor as a fave? Sorry nope.

I'll most likely load up on Khabib @1.4 range again in a rematch and outdo my previous biggest bet ever.

I'm starting to feel like they may actually make the Nate match, Ariel is definitely trying to sell it to us. Maybe he knows something? I wish I had taken the +1100 odds now.

Masvidal is still my most likely choice, its paying +100 on PaddyPower but I'm not really excited enough by those odds.

It's funny the people you can randomly meet in Las Vegas. I'm standing by the Smash Bar at The Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas tonight while I'm here for my industry conventions as usual and I see a face I recognize from Twitter- Bill Krackomberger, professional sports gambler who was featured on that Showtime tv series Action in 2019. Chatted with him briefly before he ran off to get some more bets down and head home for bed. Said he never bet combat sports and never even watches the games for the major sports he does bet.

It's funny the people you can randomly meet in Las Vegas. I'm standing by the Smash Bar at The Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas tonight while I'm here for my industry conventions as usual and I see a face I recognize from Twitter- Bill Krackomberger, professional sports gambler who was featured on that Showtime tv series Action in 2019. Chatted with him briefly before he ran off to get some more bets down and head home for bed. Said he never bet combat sports and never even watches the games for the major sports he does bet.
Nice experience! I think what he said about then whole thing about not watching the majority of the games is pretty common, at least from all the pro sport gamblers/investors I’ve heard about. Then again even if and or when combat sports will be somewhat figured out with science/psychology, its still a very unique sport, I think if someone is to only use statistics and maths, which some people have tried, you’d have to have rules you stick to, like how underdogs in one range over perform or x reach advantage wins 4% more...the edge still seems far smaller than what we all think we can do, it makes sense to watch MMA as opposed to football, unless you look at props or specific players I guess, but nearly all odds are determined by formulas and math, many find an edge and use it, like one guy used draws and figured out they were undervalued but that edge is gone since he piblished a book on it.
I heard about some pro sport bettors making groups where one specializes in tennis one in soccer etc, like an elite bettor team. Very interesting stuff.

Bloody Elbow’s Eddie Mercado making his mma debut in Spartyka. 1.5 favorite against some 2-4 can. Sounds like an awesome degen opportunity! I just don’t know which way. I hope he does great though!

Bloody Elbow’s Eddie Mercado making his mma debut in Spartyka. 1.5 favorite against some 2-4 can. Sounds like an awesome degen opportunity! I just don’t know which way. I hope he does great though!
have you seen how unathletic eddie mercado is. It is quite shocking honestly. i wouldnt bet him as the favourite vs a random street bum.

I could see Nate Diaz being next for Conor actually. Nate Diaz or Justin Gaethje make sense just because Conor only got 40 seconds of cage time in his return, that might not feel like enough for him to really shake off the rust and jump in with Khabib or Masvidal.

A fight with Nate gives him more of a challenge against someone who can generally last the rounds, plus it's the got the added bonus of still being a huge fight. A big name to the casual, a trilogy, an element of risk since Conor lost once and had a close fight the second time.

I'd rather see Conor fight Justin Gaethje but Nate Diaz is the bigger fight in terms of hype and probably a less dangerous fight too since Nate has not looked good in his last two.

No one watching ONE? No true degens here. I took a shot on the dogs, Not in the main event, will be taking the fav.

Gaethje is my single favorite fighter in the UFC but I like Conor in that fight. Dana needs to keep feeding Conor strikers like Gaethje/Masvidal. Anyone with any ground game whatsoever is going to sub him again.

Interesting experiment coming up, Kansas will allow open scoring for MMA starting in March. The next Invicta FC card on March 6th will be the first promotion to use it:

Back