General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

In this day and age of MMA, of course there is marketing to it. All of this creates hype and I'm sure Ortega knows it. Didn't he just slap him? It's not like he tried to do physical damage to him. I'm not saying Ortega's behavior is ok or cool, but it will probably help him more than anything. He may have lost fans, but he sure gained interest.
I guess so but you've got to think Modelo and other sponsors might want to avoid bad PR. With any luck this might kill those stupid commercials. Or maybe they just change the motto.
"Have a Modelo and slap the DJ, now thats fighting spirt"

More a guilty pleasure here but if anyone ever wanted to see Logan Paul get knocked out you're welcome

Last edited:
Sure, yeah that's totally real.
I mean I doubt Costa went full on in sparring but Logan looked a little punch drunk afterwards. Real of not I don't mind watching the youtube celeb getting hit rather than just slap box with KSI.
That dumb look on his face at the end was worth the watch in my opinion.

Last edited:
In this day and age of MMA, of course there is marketing to it. All of this creates hype and I'm sure Ortega knows it. Didn't he just slap him? It's not like he tried to do physical damage to him. I'm not saying Ortega's behavior is ok or cool, but it will probably help him more than anything. He may have lost fans, but he sure gained interest.

This makes no sense. Who exactly is Ortega gaining "interest" from here? Reaction from the MMA world towards his behavior is overwhelmingly negative, no one thinks it's cool, (as opposed to the polarizing behavior of Conor, where a good portion of fans love it) he has lost a bunch of fans (myself included), and Park could very easily have pressed criminal charges against him. To you, it might seem like "just a slap", but to the courts, that's potentially "assault with a deadly weapon" given Ortega's status as a famous fighter.

Not to mention Ortega just massively increased the chances of HIM being attacked outside the cage, too, either by one of Park's boys, or anyone who has a problem with him, who can now plausibly claim "I wasn't the one who started it, Brian did! Just like he did against Jay Park!" as a credible defense.

so a fucking gay controversy, every man should be able to defend himself, if the park dude got bitchslap, is because he is a bitch.
I will go heavy on Costa, dude gonna bring the heat and Izzy gonna get to sleep.

This makes no sense. Who exactly is Ortega gaining "interest" from here? Reaction from the MMA world towards his behavior is overwhelmingly negative, no one thinks it's cool, (as opposed to the polarizing behavior of Conor, where a good portion of fans love it) he has lost a bunch of fans (myself included), and Park could very easily have pressed criminal charges against him. To you, it might seem like "just a slap", but to the courts, that's potentially "assault with a deadly weapon" given Ortega's status as a famous fighter.

Not to mention Ortega just massively increased the chances of HIM being attacked outside the cage, too, either by one of Park's boys, or anyone who has a problem with him, who can now plausibly claim "I wasn't the one who started it, Brian did! Just like he did against Jay Park!" as a credible defense.

You really don't think this would feed into hype for KZ vs. Ortega?

You really don't think this would feed into hype for KZ vs. Ortega?
I think you're right that may have been his intent. Trying to be the next "street Jesus" like Masvidal 3 piecing Edwards.
Seems low class either way and a weird way to go about it. What I don't get is if he is ranked higher than Zombie why not just hype a return and ask for a contender shot? Maybe it was meant to be theatrical but it's weird anyway I look at it, guess Conors coke fueled bus fight wasn't much different though
{<Mcgoat}
To his credit at least Ortega corrected himself

@Vir_Ars
Yeah everyone should be able to defend themselves. Still Brian probably had at least 30 pounds Park. That and the difference is one guy is a bad musician the other guy is a bad professional fighter. Doesn't seem like a fair fight to me.

Last edited:

Guess I couldn't complain but damn what weird luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-12-03-02-33.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-12-03-02-33.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 7
ONE still on track to keep the cards coming

Sucks for Edwards would have been nice to smash Woodley in front of his homecrowd en route to the title shot but it can't be helped. Glad the fights will continue.

Getting tired of hearing about it but I couldn't help myself.

Cejudo at -162 seems pretty low. Aldo has had a hard time cutting to 145 And although looked good against moraes looked pretty bad At the weigh ins. Now he’s cutting down to 135 against a very solid big headed cejudo who he won’t knockout never mind keep up the pace he sets.

Unibet with a lot of odds for the Cage Warrior friday.

Cejudo at -162 seems pretty low. Aldo has had a hard time cutting to 145 And although looked good against moraes looked pretty bad At the weigh ins. Now he’s cutting down to 135 against a very solid big headed cejudo who he won’t knockout never mind keep up the pace he sets.
Where do you see -162?

Back