General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

Rda is going to obliterate barbarena. Please give decent odds.

Doubt odds are gonna be good unfortunately. I completely agree, RDA rolls here. Big step down in competition for him compared to anyone he's fight in awhile.

What are some thoughts on how the fight between Jun Young Park and Joseph Holmes will go? At first I thought Park should roll, but I don't like how there is no precedent on how Holmes deals with competent wrestlers/grapplers or of how Park deals with people of Holmes' physique and at an absurd length disadvantage. I was thinking maybe Holmes just follows what Anders did and holds Park against the fence with his physique and keep it close in the striking with his insane range advantage to pull out a close victory. If Park had better cardio and there was more of a precedent on how Holmes would deal with his wrestling I would be more willing to back him here at -200.
I played Park v Anders at -200 just because Anders fade. Holmes ain't that good but he is young and dangerous enough it has to be a dog or pass

Waldo Cortes-Acosta currently at 1.50 against Jared Vanderaa. I played that early because I reckon it's going to get steamed.

LMAO Bo Nickall is -1800 vs Pickett.

Waldo Cortes-Acosta currently at 1.50 against Jared Vanderaa. I played that early because I reckon it's going to get steamed.
I’m not sure what acosta offers to be a -200

I played vandeera at +175. If anything he’s durable and has good cardio. Acosta could gas after 2 minutes.

“he played baseball”

Last edited:
I’m not sure what acosta offers to be a -200

I played vandeera at +175. If anything he’s durable and has good cardio. Acosta could gas after 2 minutes.

“he played baseball”

He KO'd Thomas Petersen in the 3rd after getting up for a couple of rounds against a good wrestler. I'm not worried about his cardio.

Corey Anderson still small underdog against Nemkov. Seeing 1.94 odds.

Not sure, Haga is 38 now, she's tough and she goes for a lot of subs but she sells out position a lot if she doesn't get them. I'm not overly sold on Wagman either but some of those ammy losses are to fighters that are excellent (Hannah Rokala will be a UFC fighter for sure one day).

I also don't like Haga losing to unathletic Stephanie Frausto.
Haga wins via dominant 30-27 across the board. +750 dog cashes my friend. She somehow got up to +950. Anyone who had money on Wagman should just quit betting.

Haga wins via dominant 30-27 across the board. +750 dog cashes my friend. She somehow got up to +950. Anyone who had money on Wagman should just quit betting.

Good call, hope I didn't talk anyone out of it. I didn't have money on Wagman, but wish I'd seen what you did with Haga.

WHO ("Who's Number One" LOL) Sub grappling up on BOL

25901 Mayssa Bastos +180 o Ov 10 -500 o
25902 Briana Ste-Marie -220 o Un 10 +375 o

08:00 PM 25905 Bruno Matias +300 o Ov 10 -150 o
25906 Jacob Couch -400 o Un 10 +120 o

08:00 PM 25909 Damien Anderson +240 o Ov 10 -325 o
25910 Cole Abate -300 o Un 10 +250 o

08:00 PM 25913 Haisam Rida +170 o Ov 10 +150 o
25914 Luke Griffith -210 o Un 10 -180 o

08:00 PM 25917 Ethan Crelinsten +275 o Ov 10 -270 o
25918 Fabricio Andrey -350 o Un 10 +210 o

08:00 PM 25921 Jozef Chen +240 o Ov 10 +150 o
25922 Andy Varela -300 o Un 10 -180 o

08:00 PM 25925 Emily Fernandez +150 o Ov 10 -285 o
25926 Rosa Walsh -180 o Un 10 +225 o

08:00 PM 25929 Keven Carrasco +130 o Ov 10 -130 o
25930 Mourece Ramirez -160 o Un 10 +100 o

I know some of you are pretty savvy about this stuff, so I thought I'd post the early lines.

gsgQRDG.png

Yahoo Sports US
Yahoo Sports US

Follow
Source: Nevada commission bars James Krause from working UFC Vegas 65 as betting investigation continues
Kevin Iole - Yesterday 5:42 PM

LAS VEGAS — The Nevada Athletic Commission would not allow veteran MMA coach James Krause to work the corner of Miles Johns on Saturday on the preliminary card of UFC Vegas 65 against Vince Morales, a source with knowledge of the situation told Yahoo Sports. Jeff Mullen, the commission’s executive director, declined comment.

James Krause was suspended by the Nevada commission ahead of Saturday's UFC Vegas 65 in Las Vegas. (Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC)
James Krause was suspended by the Nevada commission ahead of Saturday's UFC Vegas 65 in Las Vegas. (Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC)
© Provided by Yahoo Sports US
Johns said in the Octagon after the fight that Krause had been suspended and not able to work his corner. A UFC spokeswoman said that the UFC did not suspend Krause, but had no other information.

Johns defeated Vince Morales by unanimous decision with his father and brother in his corner. Johns said at the post-fight news conference he learned Friday at dinner that Krause would not able to corner him Saturday. His brother and father did instead.

The commission’s decision to not allow Krause to corner Johns on Saturday came as a result of questions surrounding a Nov. 5 bout at Apex in Las Vegas between Darrick Minner and Shayilan Nuerdanbieke. Nuerdanbieke won the match by first-round finish.

Minner, who is coached by Krause, apparently came into the fight at Apex with an injured knee. He threw a kick early in the fight and re-injured his knee and Nuerdanbieke quickly finished him. Rumors circulated early on the morning of the fight that Minner was injured and bets poured in on Nuerdanbieke, with the line moving significantly in his favor.

The UFC released a statement on Nov. 6 when the news broke about the betting investigation on the Minner-Nuerdanbieke fight, noting in part, “At this time, we have no reason to believe either of the athletes involved in the bout, or anyone associated with their teams, behaved in an unethical or irresponsible manner.”

Neither UFC president Dana White nor Hunter Campbell, the UFC’s chief business officer, responded to queries during Saturday’s card about Krause. Krause could not be reached by Yahoo Sports.

Johns said during his post-fight interview that the UFC had suspended Krause, but at the post-fight news conference, he said he had no other information and said he wasn’t sure whether or not it was the UFC that had suspended him.

“They just called him last night and said he was unable to corner me today,” Johns said. “I’m sure you guys will be finding out what is going on soon enough, as will I.”

The UFC further said in its Nov. 5 statement that its betting integrity partner, Don Best Sports, was investigating the Minner-Nuerdanbieke fight.

On Saturday, a source told Yahoo Sports that there is no evidence that Krause, a known bettor on MMA fights, had done anything wrong. The source said that because Best’s investigation is ongoing, it seemed appropriate to keep Krause away from fights until it is completed.

Evidently Krause wasn't bright enough to realize that being a high profile coach (as much as an MMA coach can be "high profile") who's a former fighter (or maybe still technically active?) while also being heavily publicly involved in the betting aspect just miiiiiight have some repercussions.

Even IF he's technically done nothing wrong, how the hell could he not understand the amount of scrutiny that would come in on every one of his fighters should anything happen that could even hint at being sketchy? The really dumb thing is that Krause is a good trainer but seemingly not a great bettor, and now he's gonna start seeing fighters flee his camp like rats from a sinking ship. They won't want these distractions, or having to face what Johns did yesterday in not having their coach able to corner them.

Krause really may have fucked himself here.

A while back we were talking about odds of losing fighters winning a rematch. I just noticed this stat. "Since UFC 1: Winner of 1st fight won 62% of rematches." Sometimes rematches are made because an underdog who was supposed to be a stepping stone pulls off an improbable win, but I thought this stat was something interesting to bear in mind.

upload_2022-11-21_18-19-46.png

Back