Media Geoff Neal answers Shavkat's callout

I honestly think this is a huge test for Shavkat. Geoff was the first guy to KO/TKO Vicente. He put it on Vicente like we've never seen before.

Why did Khamzat get to skip over so many dangerous contenders? (That's a rhetorical question, I know why.)

I honestly think this is a huge test for Shavkat. Geoff was the first guy to KO/TKO Vicente.

Why did Khamzat get to skip over so many dangerous contenders? (That's a rhetorical question, I know why.)
It's a pretty big test but Neal looked so lost against Magny and Wonderboy . The Luque win was impressive but I think Neals too limited to his boxing and dosnt throw enough at times to beat Shavkat. In fact Shavkat most likely destroys him imho . Great fight though I wanna see more of the new blood face the old .

Neal hits like a truck and is one of the scarier finishers in the division, if he can touch Shavkat we can see his chin get tested. Still picking Shavkat by sub but this is a phenomenal fight.

He's been trying to call neal a duck for not taking it up to this point even though it dosen't make much sense for him to do so. Fun match up. But neal dosen't get much out of this if he wins, it's certainly not going to get him in the mix for a title shot.

It's a pretty big test but Neal looked so lost against Magny and Wonderboy . The Luque win was impressive but I think Neals too limited to his boxing and dosnt throw enough at times to beat Shavkat. In fact Shavkat most likely destroys him imho . Great fight though I wanna see more of the new blood face the old .

I feel like Geoff has improved and he seems to have found the sweet spot when it comes to controlled agression. It's very difficult to put Vicente away.

He also seems more confident. Fighters turn the corner sometimes. An excellent example is Charles Oliveira.

I hope you're right about the fight though. I like both guys, but I wanna see Shavkat do really well.

I think Shavkat wins by having more tools while Neal tends to execute a fairly minimalist gameplan extremely well. However, it looked like Neal hadn't quite recovered from his sepsis fiasco in those fights, and I think that bears mentioning

No! Don't want these boys to fight until someone gets a championship. These are my two favorite prospects and wanted to see them both rise above the crowd before an epic battle.

If it does happen, I think I favor Shavkat but barely. Only because Neil didn't look too good vs another versatile opponent in Magny. Shavkat has crisp standup but playing the standup game against Neal is dangerous as he can knock you out in moment via hands and legs.

Back