George Brett vs Pete Rose

George Brett Vs. Pete Rose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

CiH's Dog

I was watching old George Brett highlights earlier, and it came to my attention that I think he is better than Pete Rose.

Brett's 162 game average's over his 21 years of play are as follows :

Hr's 19
RBI's 96
SB's 12
2B's 40
3B's 8
Hits 189
R's 95
BB's 66
AVG .305
OBP .369
SLG .487
OPS .857

Won one MVP and could have arguably had 3, finished 2nd to Thurman and second again to Mattingly in two years where he was arguably better than both.

Hit .337 in the postseason, including .370 in the WS against the Cardinals.

Rose's 162 game average's over his 24 years ofl play are as follows :

HR's 7
RBI's 60
SB's 9
2B's 34
3B's 6
Hits 194
R's 98
BB's 71
AVG .303
OBP .375
SLG .409
OPS .784

Pete won 3 World Series, including winning WS MVP in 1975 while hitting .370. He hit .321 for his career in the playoffs. Rose also won the regular season MVP once, just like Brett.

Discuss

I think you're right. How was their defense? Any idea? Because I don't remember

This is a really interesting question to me though because my dad played in the Major Leagues from '77-'84, a direct contemporary. I'm going to ask him...

I think you're right. How was their defense? Any idea? Because I don't remember

This is a really interesting question to me though because my dad played in the Major Leagues from '77-'84, a direct contemporary. I'm going to ask him...
Tell me what your dad thinks. I have an old coach that played for the Cardinals as Ozzie Smith's backup during that same time period, and I think the last time I asked him he said Brett no question.

Tell me what your dad thinks. I have an old coach that played for the Cardinals as Ozzie Smith's backup during that same time period, and I think the last time I asked him he said Brett no question.
"Pete Rose any day"

Damn I wish we could poll players of the era lol

Mo power = mo better

Mo brett

George Brett easily.

70 points higher OPS.

Shows how meaningless 2 out singles are lol.

Batted .390 once

Tough choice, I think they were about even in terms of offense. I guess Brett for having slightly more power.

George Brett beats the fuck out of Rose easily. Brett would probably win via multiple headbutts depending on how angry he was at the time.

TatteredDistinctBushbaby-max-1mb.gif

George Brett slight edge in stats, but George Brett was much more of a team player. Rose, while a firecracker, was more selfish. They are two all time greats, but I would take George Brett over Rose on my team any day of the week.

Back