George st Pierre vs Jake Paul

Hardshins

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I can't believe a significant portion of this forum thinks Woodley somehow never learned boxing abilities on par with an individual with three years worth of boxing training. I know Woodley is on a loosing streak but he's been losing to elite competition. Show me someone he lost to who's at Paul's level.

Since De La Hoya was in talks to fight Pierre how would Pierre do in a boxing match with Paul?

And don't give me this bullshit that Pierre was a striker when he just like Woodley always had the threat of the takedown.

By alot of sherdog logic going on Paul KOs Pierre due to his pure boxing skillzzzz

download (1).jpeg

141_Georges_St-Pierre_gallery_post.jpg

It's not just this forum, it's a global assessment. That's why Jake Paul is the betting favorite. These odds don't just magically appear. They are based on information about the fight and the fighters strengths and weaknesses. You seem to be underestimating Jake Paul and that's the mistake most are making. Woodley trained boxing, but it's different than pure boxing. His style isn't built for pure boxing, he isn't active enough and primarily uses just an overhand right as his counter. It works in mma with his take down threat so he can mask the takedown from the punch or vice vera. Different in pure boxing because he will need to be more active with more punching volume and he will need more than just an overhand right counter especially since Jake Paul is the bigger fighter with more reach/height. Combat world has insider information from both and that's why the odds are the way they are currently.

Woodley can definitely win this though and his chances are high in doing so. Jake's chin needs to be tested and Woodley can definitely test it. The problem is if he doesn't finish Jake early, it can be a problem in the later rounds if Woodley isn't active enough with his striking. Pure boxing has different pacing and output compared to mma striking. Much more volume and pressure that takes time to condition for. Anyone that trains/spars/fights with both will understand the difference.

I can't believe a significant portion of this forum thinks Woodley somehow never learned boxing abilities on par with an individual with three years worth of boxing training. I know Woodley is on a loosing streak but he's been losing to elite competition. Show me someone he lost to who's at Paul's level.

Since De La Hoya was in talks to fight Pierre how would Pierre do in a boxing match with Paul?

And don't give me this bullshit that Pierre was a striker when he just like Woodley always had the threat of the takedown.

By alot of sherdog logic going on Paul KOs Pierre due to his pure boxing skillzzzz

View attachment 858886

View attachment 858887
Bob sapp beat ernesto hoost in k-1 kickboxing...by TKO...twice...in hoosts prime...in sapp’s 3rd kickboxing match ever.

GSP would huddle together with Freddie Roach and train his fucking ass off for three months. That he would beat the fucking piss out of Jake

Back