PlayStation GHOST OF TSUSHIMA

Rate the Combat in PS4's Ghost of Tsushima

• Total voters

Total Immortal

Blackhawk Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Confirmed to be an open world, 3rd person Samurai game. Have been waiting for something like this since the Way of the Samurai games! Looks amazing and has lots of potential.

Mod note: Discussion pinned and poll added -- tell us how you rate the game's combat!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't trust Sucker Punch to come close to making combat like a Souls or Nioh or Ninja Gaiden game. Hell I don't trust any Western dev to get that right. But I'll keep my eyes peeled. I hated the Infamous games and hopefully they don't cast Troy Baker as the main character's voice.

Would rather play as the Mongols and conquer Japan.

How accurate are the weapons and armor for that era? Seems out of place.

How accurate are the weapons and armor for that era? Seems out of place.

Seemed pretty accurate to me. There was a pretty long period of time in feudal Japan where the weaponry and armor didn't change much.

Holy shit. If ever a game made me consider spending the money on a PS4, this would be it....

Good trailer. Need to see some footage of the combat system before I get excited but I like the trend towards more third person melee games.

Good trailer. Need to see some footage of the combat system before I get excited but I like the trend towards more third person melee games.

Same, reserving any hype until after I see some gameplay. Since it's a SP game, I imagine the mechanics will be similar to the Infamous games, but reworked to fit the setting/weapons.

Need to see gameplay but I am interested...

Looks dope definitely a day one buy I'm definitely going to be playing in black and white mode

Gameplay looks similar to ACO a tad bit of Sekiro. Ghost of Sekiro: Odyssey.

Looks good. I liked Infamous Second Son but honestly I don't know how excited I am to jump into another game like this. I have open world fatigue. Will probably buy in the winter when the price has dropped

Thoroughly underwhelmed. I think I’m done with the open worlds with mechanics we’ve seen dozens of times over again.

::waits pariently for Valhalla::

I was into it until I saw all the combat, basic vanilla ass AC shit. LOL at Mongols staring at walls and fighting one at a time, took me out of it.

I was into it until I saw all the combat, basic vanilla ass AC shit. LOL at Mongols staring at walls and fighting one at a time, took me out of it.
AI outside of combat, is one of the last things to be fully finished. And combat in these gameplay demos is god mode basically.
But yes very much like the last couple of AC games, they basically beat Ubisoft to the AC in feudal Japan, game people have been asking for.

Last edited:
Back