PlayStation GHOST OF TSUSHIMA

Rate the Combat in PS4's Ghost of Tsushima

• Total voters
Anyone playing ghost of Tsushima on a base PS4? Any drawbacks?

Yup. Beat it on PS4. The game was damn near perfect on PS4. The fast travel was the most impressive to me. I have no idea how they managed to make quick ass fast travel without an SSD. Never seen anything so quick in a console before the next gen systems. Someone in here described it as programming dark magic and I must concur...

Beautiful experience on PS5 for the most part. There is one graphical issue i've noticed where you pan the camera around and a green blur appears on some of the scenery.

Anyone else had this?

Legends mode is quite fun. Lot's of hespect shown between players via bowing.

Did you try the instakill mode?
No. Does that make it even more challenging? Because I don’t think play games to get frustrated. I do plenty of challenging shit on a daily basis. I just want the games to be somewhat challenging, immersive, and fun.
The game was not too challenging on whatever setting I had it on. But it just didn’t feel like I was in that world. It felt like I was just riding around, then sword fighting. Then riding around and sword fighting. And the fighting wasn’t all that fun for me. And the NPCs felt really dated, like they were from a game that would have come out 15 years ago.

I felt the same way about Infamous. The world wasn’t immersive. Wasn’t that the same studio who made that?

Got the platinum on this yesterday and I'm kinda shocked how good it was.

Seems like a lot of critics were trying to make a statement by tossing it a 7 like "just another open world game".

Glad it got the apprecetiation it deserves from the players.

Finally got both endings. Currently playing it on lethal + . I was expecting more skill from the enemy but they just do extra damage. This makes parrying more important as well as avoiding 6 on 1 conflicts. Charms stack which is nice, as i made this game as realistic for damage as possible both for me and my enemies.

Yesterday i could use the ghost stance in duels.
Today i cant.
Anybody know why this would be? I havent updated my ps4 in months and months so im not sure how this could occur.

I'd love it if PS5s were available so I could check this game out. Seems like my type of game for sure.

For now though, playing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC. Can't believe I waited so long to play this one as well, love the hunting/scavenging.

Yesterday i could use the ghost stance in duels.
Today i cant.
Anybody know why this would be? I havent updated my ps4 in months and months so im not sure how this could occur.

No clue about the ghost stance, although I have been using it in duels except for one. I specifically built it up for the duel and it wasn’t available, but the one after that was no problem. Is it any duel or a specific one?

Just reached Act 3, and now I want to take on the Shogun’s people. The story lines overall are so far very tragic. I am wondering if there will even be a happy ending, or just a less horrible end for Jin.

No clue about the ghost stance, although I have been using it in duels except for one. I specifically built it up for the duel and it wasn’t available, but the one after that was no problem. Is it any duel or a specific one?

Just reached Act 3, and now I want to take on the Shogun’s people. The story lines overall are so far very tragic. I am wondering if there will even be a happy ending, or just a less horrible end for Jin.

Its all now. Last play through i used it every duel. Now i cant use it at all although it let me for the first duel. Didnt update ps4 either.

Last edited:

Confirmed to be an open world, 3rd person Samurai game. Have been waiting for something like this since the Way of the Samurai games! Looks amazing and has lots of potential.

Mod note: Discussion pinned and poll added -- tell us how you rate the game's combat!

This game turned out to be an absolute masterpiece!! Honestly it's like a breath of fresh air because we have for the first time in many many years a realistic take on ancient medieval combat. I just can't believe they didn't give him any judo throws and was a bit disappointed that too many missions were interpersonal drama rather than real world military objectives!

This game turned out to be an absolute masterpiece!! Honestly it's like a breath of fresh air because we have for the first time in many many years a realistic take on ancient medieval combat. I just can't believe they didn't give him any judo throws and was a bit disappointed that too many missions were interpersonal drama rather than real world military objectives!

The game takes place 600 years before judo was invented.

The game takes place 600 years before judo was invented.
I didn't expect him to refer to "the sport of Judo" in the game however I expected the combatants to use the ancient Samurai tactics from whence Judo came. More fights ended after a judo style takedown then they did in open sword fighting you know? The ritualistic sword duel is actually pretty rare on the battlefield, it was much more common for the samurai to attack with arrows / polearms and ultimately dispatch their enemy with a judo style throw plus a dagger. That's the whole point of the osaekomi in modern competition Judo.

* good looking out on the date tho

Last edited:
Yeah I could see that. Maybe a bit tough to add something like that which could be used in the middle of a duel. Maybe if they used it for things like stealth kill animations or something.

It's frustrating that we don't find out for another three months, but after updating the GOTY 2020 thread, I thought I'd post my prediction now.

Ghost of Tsushima snatches the GDC (Game Developer's Choice) GOTY award out from under the noses of Hades and TLOU 2.

It's frustrating that we don't find out for another three months, but after updating the GOTY 2020 thread, I thought I'd post my prediction now.

Ghost of Tsushima snatches the GDC (Game Developer's Choice) GOTY award out from under the noses of Hades and TLOU 2.

Ghost of tsushima is by several lengths the best games I've played in well over a decade. While I find it a bit too easy you can create a challenge for yourself by not doing the bamboos strikes and avoiding your special weapons. Also your ability to retreat until the Mongols get bored and go back to their base needs to go, instead you should be hunted down by horseman with Spears and arrows making it impossible to just turn tail and flee. Make a few minor changes and add a tactically applicable series of Judo type throws and I'm going to quit my job to stay home and play Ghost of tsushima.

I bought sekiro used and (as a Tenchu disciple) I was so disappointed I went right back to the store and bought ghost of tsushima new... it's only left my PS4 occasionally but finds itself right back in there after I take a few spins around the track on dirt rally 2

* can you believe we never got a kickboxing game since the PS2!!!!

AMAZING how bad games are these days, ghost of tsushima was a revolution!!!!

My first playthrough of this game was on the ps5 and it was awesome. I kept the Japanese dialogue with English subtitles. I feel having them speak English would ruin the immersion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back