Social Ghosting huge problem for companies today.

12ga.

Gold Belt
Reaction score
LOL what comes around goes around...- They wanted a world with no accountability. No loyalty to workers. Fire at will. They never thought about what it would be like if workers did it too.

Recruiters in several industries say they've never seen anything like it.

"We are in such desperate need that I would literally hire anyone that passes the background check," said one food-service recruiter who is currently trying to staff a large food-service contract. Insider agreed to not publish her name or client.

In the past six weeks alone, she told Insider, she scheduled 58 interviews for jobs ranging from $14 to $20 per hour, of which 27 candidates actually showed up. From there she scheduled eight for onboarding after they passed a background check, only to have just five show up for work. Of those five, three have ghosted her leaving only two out of the original 58 she considered.

"We're just understaffed and barely keeping our heads above water and I'm at a complete loss as to how to fix it," she said.

The manager of a spa and fitness center at a California country club said she has had eight new hires ghost her this year so far, even after she specifically talks about ghosting in her onboarding process and asks that workers stay in communication with her, especially if they want to quit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...king-away-from-a-job/ar-AAOBCoa?ocid=msedgntp

Mixed feelings here. This is obviously bad for the economy. However, I have no sympathy for shitty employers or the culture that has created such jaded and entitled people.

Tell every child they're special, unique, and perfect just the way they are, then treat them like dog shit when they show up to the first day of work. Good idea.

Supply and demand. If it’s an endemic problem then clearly companies need to make adjustments with remuneration or somewhere. No real sympathy but it also does say something about this generation and how they lack accountability and responsibility. You change your mind then pick up the phone and tell your hirer - that’s just basic decency.

Mixed feelings here. This is obviously bad for the economy. However, I have no sympathy for shitty employers or the culture that has created such jaded and entitled people.

Tell every child they're special, unique, and perfect just the way they are, then treat them like dog shit when they show up to the first day of work. Good idea.
Does entitlement attitude include refusing vaccine?

This is priceless boys, I've been giggling the last 10 minutes

I took a job at a grocery store when the pandemic started. In Canada, pretty much all of us were guaranteed $2K a month from the Feds. My business had to shut down, so I could have gone that route, but I know how lazy I can get, so I didn't want to get stuck in a rut. I lost all my benefits too, and the company I took the job with has a decent plan. I was also worried about the job market once things died down, so I figured an essential establishment was a good choice to ensure some regular $$. Besides, I liked being close to food supply and toilet paper :D

Even though I took a massive pay cut, I had a blast last winter. I haven't been that happy in years, near zero stress. Once we sold of some assets from my company, I was extra comfortable. It almost felt like a prolonged vacation in a different country and picking up a job to pay for your fun things.

Anyway, I'm still there part time to keep the benefits, and all the free food, while slowly reopening my business. They are struggling with employees badly. I work overnights, which isn't easy for most (I love it) so people come and go constantly, without warning. One guy who started tonight, just left in the middle of this shift. I'm in the parking lot taking my break right now, and the guy walks past with a bag of chips he's munching on. I asked if he was going home early and he said he's quitting. It's hilarious because he's stealing that bag, as we can't buy/pay for anything until the cash opens at 7am. No fucks given lol

The company deserves it. They raised wages initially when the pandemic started, but cut them once they had enough staff. It was such a douche move, as their profits are still through the roof, especially last year when very few businesses were allowed to operate.

So do these new potential employees know this is a bad company or paying crappy compared to profit margin? Or these vague assumptions and excuses for lazy people.

Supply and demand. If it’s an endemic problem then clearly companies need to make adjustments with remuneration or somewhere. No real sympathy but it also does say something about this generation and how they lack accountability and responsibility. You change your mind then pick up the phone and tell your hirer - that’s just basic decency.

Boomer statement right here imo

even after she specifically talks about ghosting in her onboarding process and asks that workers stay in communication with her, especially if they want to quit.
<BidenShutIt><Dany07>

So she is basically giving them the idea to ghost her......self fulfilling prophecy? Imagine hearing this during orientation, it's like a huge red flag for any worker, and they instantly get the ghost idea implanted in their brains.

Im guessing the lady is a horrible boss?

This is priceless boys, I've been giggling the last 10 minutes

I took a job at a grocery store when the pandemic started. In Canada, pretty much all of us were guaranteed $2K a month from the Feds. My business had to shut down, so I could have gone that route, but I know how lazy I can get, so I didn't want to get stuck in a rut. I lost all my benefits too, and the company I took the job with has a decent plan. I was also worried about the job market once things died down, so I figured an essential establishment was a good choice to ensure some regular $$. Besides, I liked being close to food supply and toilet paper :D

Even though I took a massive pay cut, I had a blast last winter. I haven't been that happy in years, near zero stress. Once we sold of some assets from my company, I was extra comfortable. It almost felt like a prolonged vacation in a different country and picking up a job to pay for your fun things.

Anyway, I'm still there part time to keep the benefits, and all the free food, while slowly reopening my business. They are struggling with employees badly. I work overnights, which isn't easy for most (I love it) so people come and go constantly, without warning. One guy who started tonight, just left in the middle of this shift. I'm in the parking lot taking my break right now, and the guy walks past with a bag of chips he's munching on. I asked if he was going home early and he said he's quitting. It's hilarious because he's stealing that bag, as we can't buy/pay for anything until the cash opens at 7am. No fucks given lol

The company deserves it. They raised wages initially when the pandemic started, but cut them once they had enough staff. It was such a douche move, as their profits are still through the roof, especially last year when very few businesses were allowed to operate.

Nice!

I sometimes dream about working at a convenience store or working as a waiter at a quiet cafe somewhere. No stress and don’t have to think about work after you clock out. Bliss.

Nice!

I sometimes dream about working at a convenience store or working as a waiter at a quiet cafe somewhere. No stress and don’t have to think about work after you clock out. Bliss.
The stress comes from having an overwhelming feeling of dread that your next shift is coming up and you would rather die than work that shitty, mind numbingly boring job.

Back