Social Ghosting huge problem for companies today.

I learned that you could just ghost from my furthest to the right political friend actually.

We did drywall all summer after highschool and the boss was a complete jackass.

Was very happy to ghost that one.

Paid by the hour, quit by the hour.

Before covid hit, I remember hearing about how local restaurants and gyms would suddenly close with no notice given. The employees would show up and not even know the place closed until they saw the signs on the door. Total scumbag move on the parts of owners/managers since they obviously knew they were closing. Not surprising it's turned around like this
That was the amount of notice they were given from the government/local police. Not really their faults.

Some restaurants tried to stay open on the low. They were fined. Not many gyms tried this. Only one that I know of in New Jersey. It was meatheads vs police. Arrests were made.

Simple to fix, companies should offer an exit bonus contingent on giving a lengthy notice.

The GOP had the chance from 2016-2018 to pass meaningful immigration reform but instead lowered taxes for the rich. There’s a reason why.
I tried to peddle this complaint to some businessman dude sitting in 1st class on an AA flight to Fort Lauderdale last week. He said the reason why billionaires were getting tax breaks was because of the businesses they own. If they all the sudden get taxed up the ass than many of them would just lay off millions of American workers and take their businesses overseas. Which would leave the US is a REEEEEAALLY shitty situation.

The article is about two dozen people who were initially hired by a catering company and said fuck it to such a low paying job during a pandemic.

So an employer wants to pay a shit wage and then cry over no one wanting to take it. If you feel like it's such a great offer TS, take her up on it. Not sure what you want the rest of us to do about it.
So you're saying those new employees were never told how much they'd make before they started? Like they agreed to show up without knowing they hourly pay?

Lol at "ghosting". Makes them sound like such victims. The horror.

In my day this was simply referred to as quitting a shit job on the first day cause it sucks ass and is not even worth the time to tell anyone. Happened all the time. No big deal.

A consequence of the great recession was an administrative revolution that allowed companies to squeeze more out of resources for less. Sounds like that revolution might also have some consequences of its own playing out right now...
Pretty sure ghosting refers to people that agree, nod, and smile in the interview and NOT show up to work to begin with.

Good finally ordinary americans seeing corporations as their enemy rather than a source of income. Social programs are a stable source of incomes relative to corporations that actually consider it a moral obligation to keep wages as low as humanely possible(fidicuary duty aka raping society).

There's more to life than fucking working. Don't base you're life around the least pleasing part of it.

Its hard to do things that please you when you are broke and nobody wants to hire or keep piss poor work ethic fucknuts.

Its hard to do things that please you when you are broke and nobody wants to hire or keep piss poor work ethic fucknuts.
Yeah, its mainly a choice btw work your nuts off or wallow in poverty. Pretty shitty deal, either way.

I interviewed for a company where the guy didn't ghost that but just in general gave 0 fucks. Wouldn't show up and would then claim he was working from home but tell absolutely no one this. Constantly show up late. Eventually they got rid of him. Not sure what they offered him as far as pay but they certainly offered me a good amount.

I didn't mean the places shut down due the lockdowns, this was long before that. I think the reasoning is they didn't want employees leaving before they closed, so they just didn't tell anyone what was happening and one day they weren't open anymore.

That was the amount of notice they were given from the government/local police. Not really their faults.

Some restaurants tried to stay open on the low. They were fined. Not many gyms tried this. Only one that I know of in New Jersey. It was meatheads vs police. Arrests were made.

So you're saying those new employees were never told how much they'd make before they started? Like they agreed to show up without knowing they hourly pay?

Well at some point between talking to the employer about the job, and taking the job, several walked. I don't think people are in the habit of wasting their own time by taking needless interviews or positions only to up and leave with no good reason.

I'm just saying that I've had experience with employers from back in the day when I was metal worker or warehouse worker or bartender while going through undergrad and postgrad school. Sometimes employers just aren't willing to pay people enough to do a shitty job. Hell, some of them expect high turnover but don't think it impacts their business enough to up the wages. When you combine a lot of these jobs with the current covid environment, I'm just not immediately gonna jump in the employers corner here. Sure, finding reliable work can be a challenge sometime. But sometimes bosses and gigs just aren't worth the hassle. Especially when you can usually just move right down the street the next day and work the same job for a different guy.

There's no "labour shortage", the shortage is because the listings for entry level job positions all look something like:

- PhD in the field, or equivalent education
- 10 years experience in a similar position
- 10 years experience using this specific, obscure software that has only existed for 2 years
- Minimum wage

Fuck these muppets. If they were legally allowed to export ALL their job positions to lowly paid slaves in third-world countries, they would.

There was a post on LinkedIN from a programmer that invented a new programming tool I think it was. He applied for a job and got turned down because he did not have the years in the shit he invented.. They wanted 5 years or something and the guy invented it 3 years ago (not 100% on the years).

I wish I could find the story, but its telling how fucked up it is.

There was a post on LinkedIN from a programmer that invented a new programming tool I think it was. He applied for a job and got turned down because he did not have the years in the shit he invented.. They wanted 5 years or something and the guy invented it 3 years ago (not 100% on the years).

I wish I could find the story, but its telling how fucked up it is.
Trust me, shit like that is either rare or just bad practice on the recruiters part.

My current company has been struggling to fill roles and they pay six figures. We've had positions open for more than a year, and I've been an interviewer. The questions we give are not hard (easier than the industry average) and the pay is competitive. There is just a shortage of people that actually know what they are talking about.

a lot of these ghosts havent worked for decades like the rest of us. they're new and using their entitlements.

I don't think this is a new thing. Been some time since I've had to hire anyone by just advertising positions, but even a decade ago we had employees doing the same thing.
Funniest I remember was a guy who did a no show, and when I finally got in touch with him claimed he hadn't been able to come in because he'd been bitten by a spider (this was after no showing for almost an entire week). Never came in again and then had the balls to put me down as a reference for a job with the Defence Department (I told them both the spider story and the fact that he'd also been sent home after he literally went pale and woozy at the sight of his own blood from a tiny cut).

Back