Social Gleason's Gym first major rec business to require full vaccination

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im wondering if this is becoming a trend but I dont see the CDC guideline going away anytime soon.

Gleasons is a big name and hosts a lot of local club fights.

Once the vaccine is fully FDA approved I can see places requiring it, but until then, there will be a few that try to start this trend. Will watch to see how this goes.

Why would it be "hell" to have access to a gym where you know everyone is vaccinated? This is only hell for antivaxxers like you.
You don’t need me vaccinated. There is no risk to you. Per the CDC

Little bitches just want to try to force people to do as they do. It’s fascism.

but luckily, I live in a state where this won’t happen, and maybe a bill will be passed to ban it. Like in Florida

You don’t need me vaccinated. There is no risk to you. Per the CDC

Little bitches just want to try to force people to do as they do. It’s fascism.

but luckily, I live in a state where this won’t happen, and maybe a bill will be passed to ban it. Like in Florida

Fascism would be the government preventing people from setting the rules for their own property. I love how you're anti-small business now.

Sounds racist. Next thing you know, they'll be asking for IDs to go to the gym.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33655271/
Conclusions: COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy was greater among racial and ethnic minorities, and Black participants living in the U.S. were less likely to receive a vaccine than White participants. Lower uptake among Black participants in the U.S. during the initial vaccine rollout is attributable to both hesitancy and disparities in access.

According to the cdc, the vaccine is basically 100% effective. Why would you you need others to vaccinated?
Because it protects the business from lawsuits and heightened insurance rates. Unvaccinated customers would otherwise be a risk to fellow unvaccinated customers. Since even vaccinated individuals are also potentially at risk to breakout cases, however low that may be, this increases their risk as well. Meanwhile, if they restrict their business to only vaccinated individuals, they can operate with full normalcy as a gym would have prior to the pandemic. No masks, no social distancing, no restrictions on the number of people in the building outside of fire safety limits, etc.

The vaccine won't keep you from getting covid or spreading covid to others. It allegedly just helps you fight it off better.

Thats what I was thinking but its a legacy gym name. It doesnt just go away
Even being a legacy gym name it could go down. Big corporations have tumbled over time so a gym could do the same.

With the way HIPAA is written. The OCR would need to approve such a measure by a private business.

Back