Hesdy Gerges -140

SUPERFIGHT SERIES – Live on UFC Fight Pass

Middleweight Title:

Jason Wilnis +180
Simon Marcus -260

Heavyweight:

Anthony McDonald +650
Chi-Lewis Parry -1350

I like Hesdy Gerges at -140 over Guto Inocente. Hesdy is a gigantic 6 6½" super heavyweight kickboxer with a lot of championship accomplishments who had a very close split decision win against top ranked heavyweight Ismael Londt on a previous Glory card. Guto Inocente you may recall as a previous UFC fighter who got submitted by the now retired Anthony "The Hippo" Perosh before getting cut. Inocente had a 2015 KO of the year contender spinning kick knockout of his second to last Glory opponent in former TUF 23 contestant Demoreo Dennis and a decision victory in his last Glory bout, but Gerges is now a consensus top ten heavyweight kickboxer with a lot of size and experience who won't likely get caught by any spinning shit and will know how to win a decision at least.

I like Hesdy Gerges at -140 over Guto Inocente. Hesdy is a gigantic 6 6½" super heavyweight kickboxer with a lot of championship accomplishments who had a very close split decision win against top ranked heavyweight Ismael Londt on a previous Glory card. Guto Inocente you may recall as a previous UFC fighter who got submitted by the now retired Anthony "The Hipo" Perosh before getting cut. Inocente had a 2015 KO of the year contender spinning kick knockout of his second to last Glory opponent in former TUF 23 contestant Demoreo Dennis and a decision victory in his last Glory bout, but Gerges is now a consensus top ten heavyweight kickboxer with a lot of size and experience who won't likely get caught by any spinning shit and will know how to win a decision at least.
I'll tail that small, fuck it

Added a half unit on Jason Wilnis against Simon Marcus in their middleweight title fight since the line moved. Wilnis looked good against Schilling and this is a five round championship fight with both guys coming in fresh. I am also not sure how much clinching the referees will allow Marcus to do this time as that always seems to be a bit of a wild card in his Glory fights. But I think Wilnis has a more technical style that may stop his clinching or make him pay for it than a frustrated Artem Levin did when he rage quit or the relatively inexperienced Dustin Jacoby.

Jason Wilnis (+220) vs Simon Marcus $50.00 for $110.00

I like Hesdy Gerges at -140 over Guto Inocente. Hesdy is a gigantic 6 6½" super heavyweight kickboxer with a lot of championship accomplishments who had a very close split decision win against top ranked heavyweight Ismael Londt on a previous Glory card. Guto Inocente you may recall as a previous UFC fighter who got submitted by the now retired Anthony "The Hippo" Perosh before getting cut. Inocente had a 2015 KO of the year contender spinning kick knockout of his second to last Glory opponent in former TUF 23 contestant Demoreo Dennis and a decision victory in his last Glory bout, but Gerges is now a consensus top ten heavyweight kickboxer with a lot of size and experience who won't likely get caught by any spinning shit and will know how to win a decision at least.
guto actually weighed in 244 and hesdy only 240

strange because hesdy looked much taller, maybe slimmer legs?

Glory Kickboxing 33 Risk $190.00
Hesdy Gerges (-140) vs Guto Inocente $140.00 for $100.00
Jason Wilnis (+220) vs Simon Marcus $50.00 for $110.00

no bets here, wish i did gerges -140 when it was there, looks like a good play, jim

Anyone watching Glory right now? Glory refs are worse than MMA refs.

Finally hit something tonight. Great fight between Guto and Gerges.

Felt like such a sharp capper for a few minutes with Wilnis getting the upset over Marcus at +220- even though he had some weird help from the referee in round 2. But then Gerges lost a split decision that I was surprised to hear go to Inocente even after reading the striking stats that seemed to favor the Brazilian.

Glory Kickboxing 33
Risk $190.00

Hesdy Gerges (-140) vs Guto Inocente $140.00 for $100.00= -$140.00
Jason Wilnis (+220) vs Simon Marcus $50.00 for $110.00= $110.00
-----
Total Loss= -$30.00

super surprised marcus lost.. (haven't watched)

Just caught up with the full Glory 33 card. Was a very entertaining one with a lot of international fighters for being held in New Jersey. The refereeing was bad at usual and the knockdown call in the middleweight championship fight against a clowning Simon Marcus with his back to the ropes in round 2 was ridiculous. But Jason Wilnis made him pay in round 3 and caused the TKO so I was happy to cash that ticket as a dog. I thought Hesdy Gerges should have won that decision over Guto Inocente. I bet Gerges and was surprised he lost the split decision. Matt Embree's tournament KO wins were very impressive. With RvR down there now and Embree in the mix featherweight is better than it ever has been in Glory.

Will be interesting to see how that late replacement Canadian girl Jessica Gladstone coming into the tourney with a losing record and who pulled off the surprise win against the vastly more experienced Daniela Graf does against the popular muay thai stylist and soon to be MMA fighter Tiffany Van Soest in the next round of the female 122 pound tournament. Rico Verhoeven looked killer in his heavyweight title defense against Anderson Braddock Silva stopping him with kicks. I have no idea why his upcoming showdown vs Badr Hari in Germany in December was announced by Mauro Ranallo as being only three rounds though. Will it not be for the title?

Back