GLORY 77: Heavyweight Tournament and Three Title Fights, exclusive PPV on January 30th

Murthel Groenhart saying he stops kickboxing and this was his last fight. Sucks
He will 35 years old in half a year, and has been stagnating for years. Sure he would beat many others, but looked incredibly weak against Doumbe. Maybe not a bad decision, give way to others. For half of a round, I thought he can do well...

I wish him the best if he retires, but he will retire after Doumbe embarrassed him! He has no pride or maybe he cannot do it anymore.

He will 35 years old in half a year, and has been stagnating for years. Sure he would beat many others, but looked incredibly weak against Doumbe. Maybe not a bad decision, give way to others. For half of a round, I thought he can do well...

I wish him the best if he retires, but he will retire after Doumbe embarrassed him! He has no pride or maybe he cannot do it anymore.
I thought he looked done after early in the first round when Doumbe landed a pretty hard punch. Didn't have enough confidence afterwards because he knew Doumbe was bringing it it seemed like. I felt a bit bad for him because he used to be better.

"He has no pride..." sure buddy

Though i completely agree that he should retire, for you to say "he has no pride" shows you either don't understand the English language enough to realize how much a rude thing that is to say, or you were just born an insensitive prick.

You don't understand the English language enough.

Self-pride then? Maybe I am not using it well. Pride here is translated in a complex way.

I said he should not retire after being embarrassed by Doumbe, knowing their rivalry. At least have some more wins, other matches.

Last edited:
Some news:

* Badr Hari says he lacked confidence against Adegbuyi, also he wants to fight Rico for the 3rd time but in front of crowd.
* Tarik Khbabez needs to undergo hand surgery.

I feel sorry for Murtel, maybe he will change his mind. He has an age but I believe that he could still fight against some other opponents. The division right now is very similar to the HW. The champion dominates everybody. It is like the Klitschko era in boxing. I feel for the other guys but they must not loose faith. They still have place in that division, they fight at the highest level.

So i've just watched Lambagiu vs Flavius... Flavius is bad and Lambagiu does nothing to win the round, then he send Flavius to the floor and i'm not kidding you the ref started the count at 40 seconds left, when the ref had counted to 8 there was 23 seconds left lol then like 10 seconds later Flavius is like "Nah i quit" what even is this shit?

EDIT - Just watched Lambagiu vs Stefanovski... Lambagiu just covers up and then swings wildy, not skill just power hooks and the occasional kick, Stefanovski is doing combos but they're so weak and slow that i'm literally thinking "This is a champion in Romania? lol"

EDIT 2 - I was about to watch Lambagiu vs Ciumac but then i saw Ciumac looks like a drunk overweight hobo that's never fought before...

EDIT 3 - Broadcast... are you actually serious? This guy is just a muscular dude who has no speed, no combos, just power hooks and a few body kicks... I know you'll write me an essay and call me some weird insult because you think you know everything but Lambagiu is mediocre at best. I haven't watched Gafencu yet but if he's just a hype job like Lambagiu then maybe i shouldn't bother.

Don't worry i've looked him up and as usual he's just another mediocre romanian that Broadcast overhypes. Maybe one day he'll mention someone who actually turns out to be good.

I understand you"re new to kickboxing, ok. I have over 25 years of watching kickboxing, and more than that of watching boxing. Don"t compare kickboxing to boxing, or totally different sports between them!

This is his style, aggressive, and he grinds you with blows to the body or back of the head. He does DAMAGE.

If you don"t want to understand that the Romanian circuit is like the British one in boxing, then you don"t understand anything in kickboxing. And we have not only midgets divisions, but from -60 to +100 kg.

At the age of 22, Lambagiu defeated the former Superkombat world champion, Stefanovski. That match matters. And yes, he defeated Bădoi and Boiciuc like flies. Boiciuc is a kind of C in Romania, but he is respectable. Bădoi, on the other hand, was B at his maximum level (when he won Tatneft and matches in Kunlun in China, but he did not stick to the kickbox due to the lack of sponsors). It was a tournament and you are sneaky to "analyze" just what you want.

Many who sign in Glory, in the Netherlands have not even met such opponents. Lambagiu has improved from match to match and I don"t think you realize that for 77 kilograms, he has Kyshenko"s power! However, the only very powerful opponents Doumbe can meet now are Kyshenko and Lambagiu. Lambagiu is not in a close discussion with Kyshenko, he is at the beginning of his career. But in Europe, I know all the fighters, and I can say that he is the most powerful with Kyshenko. AS GIFTS, he is gifted.

Your English kickboxers don"t really count in kickboxing, or don"t count anymore. Also, Muay Thai is another sport. Jamie Bates who beat former champion Harut Grigorian, was DISCOVERED in tryouts organized BY THE ROMANIAN promotion Superkombat, and has such a career because of Romania. Overall in Superkombat he was average, and I predict Stefanovski defeats in a h2h match. Florin Lambagiu was already superior at 22 years old, to Ciprian Șchiopu who KOed Jamies Bates in England. Șchiopu and Bates would be in their prime B in Romania, like that Bădoi in the video. Basically one class over Boiciuc. But Lambagiu is seen as an A, in the category of Ghiță and Adegbuyi, with many others from the past or present. B in Romania is considered fighters with some skills, but they are far from being stars or becoming.

Not only poor Germany, but also average France, had lost 0-10 in Romanian events h2h between nations.

You need to know where you stand, because you behave like pricks. Not myself. Because of the lack of knowledge, you shit on Romania. And you shit on a fighter who is a mainstay in a Romanian promotion.

Why didn"t you turn on your TV when Local Kombat/Superkombat were on Eurosport for about 15 years?

For now, I will leave this video with his best career moments, understand he is a 77-kg fighter with amazing power! The match with Tolea (Anatoli Ciumac) from MMA does not matter, because Tolea weighed 130 kilograms. Eventually the one in kickboxing must be watched. Ciumac comes from Greco-Roman, he is a respectable heavyweight in Europe in MMA. Was multiple amateur MMA champion in the former Soviet Union, when he fought for Moldova and Ukraine.

"Rambo" fights in the Openweight against many heavyweights, and Alexandru Radnev is also heavy, although Lambagiu weighs only 77 kilograms. To understand its power and strenght.

At exactly Lambagiu"s age, Moroșanu did not have his technique. And yet he won at Gur, Deniz, Kemayo and Goodridge.

Stefanovski also is Glory material. Maybe not the best Superkombat champion in his weight class, but Superkombat gave him a push at just 21 years old. Honestly? Much better than your Bates, and it"s just an objective opinion.

At 22 years old in the division there are not many better fighters in the Netherlands. Stefanovski had been training with Remy Bonjasky, Lambagiu is at Scorpions Iași with Moroșanu, Cozmâncă, Ciobanu, Lătescu, Năstase, etc. I have friends from the Netherlands, who think Năstase after some defeats is rising now, and I personally have a lot of doubts and I don"t enjoy him too much (though I see some progress). But Lambagiu is superior a lot.

Nova44, (hopefully) a more objective guy from Romania here. Lambagiu is a good fighter imo. He is a brawler like many eastern Europeans (he concentrates much on his hands) but he has huge stamina and recovers very well. He was only 22 I believe in the fight with Stefanovski. Now, putting him down only due to his one-sided combat skills would be a mistake. Bobb Sapp was a brawler and TKO-d Hoost, Morosanu was a brawler and KO-d reputted adversaries, to some extent Andrei Stoica is a brawler and had huge success. Khbabez was a brawler last night, but took a win over Rigters who was more technical. Do not forget that Stefanovski is Bonjasky`s pupil, so he is coming from a dutch school of kickboxing and he trains there regularly. He was no easy opponent. I agree with you to some extent that if you like more technical fighters, Lambagiu is not a good candidate.

Regarding Gafencu, he is another story. It is worth checking him out. He and Lambagiu are currently the only Romanians who defeated opponents from Holland recently. Gafencu could easily come to Glory. Check him out, seriously. He has spectacular leg KO`s with flying high kicks.

This

Nova44, (hopefully) a more objective guy from Romania here. Lambagiu is a good fighter imo. He is a brawler like many eastern Europeans (he concentrates much on his hands) but he has huge stamina and recovers very well. He was only 22 I believe in the fight with Stefanovski. Now, putting him down only due to his one-sided combat skills would be a mistake. Bobb Sapp was a brawler and TKO-d Hoost, Morosanu was a brawler and KO-d reputted adversaries, to some extent Andrei Stoica is a brawler and had huge success. Khbabez was a brawler last night, but took a win over Rigters who was more technical. Do not forget that Stefanovski is Bonjasky`s pupil, so he is coming from a dutch school of kickboxing and he trains there regularly. He was no easy opponent. I agree with you to some extent that if you like more technical fighters, Lambagiu is not a good candidate.

Regarding Gafencu, he is another story. It is worth checking him out. He and Lambagiu are currently the only Romanians who defeated opponents from Holland recently. Gafencu could easily come to Glory. Check him out, seriously. He has spectacular leg KO`s with flying high kicks.

Lambagiu vs. Gafencu is a highly anticipated match in Romania. Just because Gafencu is very gifted technically and won Dutchmen doesn"t mean anything. He is still Glory material and in a 4-fight contract would prove he is worth. But to become champion only some become champions and in 95% of the time it is hard to predict. You can predict Mike Tyson will become champion. Some failed with Badr Hari, who never won the K-1 WGP crown.

Everyone is good until the first punch, Lambagiu doesn"t have Doumbe's technique, but at the moment I don"t think Doumbe has the same name in Glory. What Lambagiu has over Gafencu is power.

The power is not the most important in the sport, but Lambagiu for a -77kg is insane, he fights heavyweights (openweight). If Glory wants opponents for Doumbe, Kyshenko. And Lambagiu, Gafencu and Stefanovski, to raise their value, because they are Glory material on the paper.

I wouldn"t bet my money on Gafencu in a match with Rambo (Lambagiu), proof that I bet my money on Khbabez in the match with Rigters (and also on Benny to beat Badr, both being big underdogs). And Nova44 laughs about me, after he predicted Rigters, and laughs when I"m a guy who wouldn"t bet such balanced match.

Fucking check Eduard Gafencu if you think he"s shit, and it"s my honest opinion nobody is really favorite in a duel Lambagiu vs. Gafencu! Plus the win from Stefanovski of Lambagiu, is worth more than any win of Gafencu. Gafencu is not favorite even against Stefanovski.

Both Gafencu and Lambagiu would probably lose to Doumbe now, but they deserve to be in Glory and try to raise. Otherwise, Doumbe hasn"t met yet Kyshenko, and even Lambagiu (why not, because Lambagiu is so powerful that a punch would be enough).

If I"m a noob, I don"t continue in "nonsense".

Look, there are other fighters fighting in the -75 kg, that are more technical than Lambagiu. But Lambagiu in the -77 kg has amazing power, like I told you sometimes he is fighting at Openweight against respectable heavyweights.

Even Ostrovanu is Glory material. Sorin Căliniuc:

Though Gafencu is much more technical than him, Lambagiu vs. Gafencu is a highly anticipated match. Calling him mediocre without knowing him, when he is very good at what he does. Power and blows to the body and the head. Behind the head, almost illegal.

-70 kg

(Paraschiv)

(Bozan)

(Petrişor)

-70 kg (continuation)

(notice Orza is 18 year old, somebody from Chinuk told me he can be the next Kyshenko)

- 60 kg (18 year old Sofian, already champion)

- 95 kg (Sebastian Cozmâncă is a monster, with 10 KOs in his last 10 fights and a 12-fight winning streak)

+95 kg (18 year old debutant Lătescu)

So you are really unfair. There are brawlers in the UFC who have become champions. Sure, not in the -77 kg, but he can also fight as a -85 kg and huge power is important anywhere. I saw a Doumbe fighting opponents without power, including Nbiev and not just Murthel.

If these would have been Dutch, most of them would have been in Glory already. We have many bums now in Glory signed by the former board.

"I know that he felt fed up with Big Mike ..."
Do you know why Groenhart felt fed up with Big Mike?

Unfortunately not. They did seem to depart on amicable terms but I have seen some videos with them meeting randomly and my feeling was that there was a sort of unease between them. So I presume that that something happened between them. This would not be a surprise, since Saki also departed somewhat disappointed from Mike`s Gym. If I remember well, he felt that Mike was not focusing on him enough and his training was led by his employees not him personally. I remember that he said " he is always busy training Badr Hari".

If I wanted to read novels I'd go to the library

Broadcast "The Unbearable" strikes again.

60dd5390c8adf3c6c8aff83b741abd70.jpeg

Back