News Glory 78 Badr Hari vs Arkadiusz Wrzosek September 4

I hate to quote myself but...
Seems like the "Badr injured himself" excuse isn't exactly confirmed yet, not that it wouldn't require a stretch of imagination. Glory may be wanting to save this event for a venue that can host a large crowd or a new potential broadcast deal.

Still no official word from Glory and their social media hack is posting Badr highlights today.

Seems like the "Badr injured himself" excuse isn't exactly confirmed yet, not that it wouldn't require a stretch of imagination. Glory may be wanting to save this event for a venue that can host a large crowd or a new potential broadcast deal.

Still no official word from Glory and their social media hack is posting Badr highlights today.

Seriously though, it makes zero sense to bet your entire event on someone who gets injured as much as Badr.

What on earth were/are they thinking.

Seriously though, it makes zero sense to bet your entire event on someone who gets injured as much as Badr.

Well they did stack the card with enough good fights to be able to hold the event regardless of Badr canceling.

What doesnt make much sense is to postpone your event by another 2 months just so that the main event guy can fight. As someone else said, what if he gets injured again just before the new date?

Well they did stack the card with enough good fights to be able to hold the event regardless of Badr canceling.

What doesnt make much sense is to postpone your event by another 2 months just so that the main event guy can fight. As someone else said, what if he gets injured again just before the new date?

I don't know what other people think but i think it's incredibly disrespectful and shows a lack of trust to your other fighters when you delay the whole ppv months just because one guy got injured.

I don't care that he's the star of years gone by, he's got glass bones and paper skin so you have to be willing to trust others on the card to step up if Badr gets injured.

And enough of this "it's for financial reasons", would they have delayed the card if someone from any of the title fights got injured? No, it's just to keep Badr in the main event.

Guys stay up with the news, like I said yesterday the "Badr injured himself" cancellation narrative wasn't true, their is even recent footage of Badr training.

Between Glory barelly hosting events anymore and One FC not doing that many KB fights, it really seems that kickboxing is dying again outside of Japan.

I don't know what other people think but i think it's incredibly disrespectful and shows a lack of trust to your other fighters when you delay the whole ppv months just because one guy got injured.

I don't care that he's the star of years gone by, he's got glass bones and paper skin so you have to be willing to trust others on the card to step up if Badr gets injured.

And enough of this "it's for financial reasons", would they have delayed the card if someone from any of the title fights got injured? No, it's just to keep Badr in the main event.

100% agree with you. But apparently that was fake news anyway.

if he doesn't injure himself he'll stab someone, or something to that effect

100% agree with you. But apparently that was fake news anyway.
It's also possible that the Glory official explanation is fake news too though so who knows.

Either excuse be it Hari or tickets its still a bad reason to cancel a whole planned event for multiple months.

Glory hasn't provided a great deal of content in the last few years.

Reactions: H2F
By September the 4th the Netherland will most likely be hit by the 4th wave of Covid. It would be a miracle if the event is not postponed again..

The press conference:

Some thought:

1. Sharedog is officially a partner of Glory. That is good news. It seems that Glory is paying attention to what is written here by the fans.
2. Badr has a different mindset. He is more humble and down to earth. This is perfectly understandable since he lost all recent fights.
3. Arkadiusz seemed nervous.

Damn, was excited for Hamicha - Menshikov
Second time it got cancelled...

on top of losing Maslobojev vs Tavares, that’s 2 big blows to the card, ugh

So apparently Pereira is focussing on mma after his rematch with Vakhitov. It's a shame but it's no surprise.

Back