News Glory: Overeem vs Hari III in October

Alistair Overeem will face Badr Hari in his Glory Kickboxing debut at ‘Collision 4’ in October this year. This will complete their trilogy.
Also Jamal Ben Saddik will fight Benjamin Adegbuyi at Glory 81 this summer.

https://www.ad.nl/vechtsport/alistair-overeem-treft-badr-hari-in-ware-vechtsportklassieker-bij-glory-debuut~a0dfb860/?referrer=http://www.mixfight.nl/

Their first fight (win Overeem)

Their second fight (win Hari)

This video shows some interesting stuff from the 2 fights combined and the build-up inbetween (media, interviews, etc.)
Recommendation to watch

upload_2022-5-21_19-4-20.jpeg

0FAAF332-154E-4406-94EB-39324CA72D0C.jpeg

Last edited:
Glory shooting themselves in the feet yet again. You've only got amazing guys like Hamicha on your roster, why on earth would you use them when you can use 2 corpses?

Fucking fuck Glory sucks.

Glory shooting themselves in the feet yet again. You've only got amazing guys like Hamicha on your roster, why on earth would you use them when you can use 2 corpses?

Fucking fuck Glory sucks.
Originally Glory planned on making Rico - Alistair, but since Rico is fighting on his own ‘Hit It’ show they have to fix another fight for Alistair.
With his age of 42 he can’t stay on the sidelines for Rico until early 2023.

Originally Glory planned on making Rico - Alistair, but since Rico is fighting on his own ‘Hit It’ show they have to fix another fight for Alistair.
With his age of 42 he can’t stay on the sidelines for Rico until early 2023.

I know what you mean, but you don't put 2 pensioners in the main event even if they are name value.

Yes they might not pull as much money in if they put 2 names in the main event that casual fans don't know, but you have to build for the future. Every event is Badr in the main event and when these guys retire Glory will have nothing because they refuse to look at the bigger picture.

I know what you mean, but you don't put 2 pensioners in the main event even if they are name value.

Yes they might not pull as much money in if they put 2 names in the main event that casual fans don't know, but you have to build for the future. Every event is Badr in the main event and when these guys retire Glory will have nothing because they refuse to look at the bigger picture.
Yeahh I get what you’re saying, good point.
I always got the feeling they’re trying to turn Levi Rigters in somewhat of a star, but that won’t be enough to carry on with big showes like Glory is doing nowadays

Badr hasn't won a match in like 7 years. Not sure how good of a fighter he is at this point.

Overeem looks like he's back on the gas.
He’s still elite.
In a nutshell his fights of the last few years look like this:

Badr beating up his opponent very badly for the whole fight, until Badr get’s a freak injury and can’t continue the fight
(or against the Polish Arek Wrzosek last year, Badr getting knocked out in a freak hail mary attempt, btw I was live there and filmed the knockout, I couldn’t believe my eyes as you can hear from my reaction. Here’s an iCloud-link to the video: https://share.icloud.com/photos/07dmW1wlR5LVWWfL6oomAmFfQ
IMO this comeback of Arek is one of the greatest comebacks in combat sports history, since he already got knocked down 3 times himself and a fourth time would’ve meant the fight had to be stopped, but then all of a sudden Arek was the one that ended the fight by knocking out Badr with a highkick)

Back