News Glory: Overeem vs Hari III in October

After all Jamal Ben Saddik vs Antonio Plazibat might take place at Collision 4 ?!
Yesterday in a Dutch Kickboxing/MMA podcast both fighters were a guest, really fun episode.
At the end of the podcast, just when they were going to end the show, JBS brought up that Collision 4 is still far away and a lot of things might happen in that time. When Dennis, the host of the show, asked Jamal about if he meant that he’s going to fight Plazibat at Collision 4, JBS acted very shady and said like “I can’t really tell anything about it man, I’m sorry, we’ll see what happens, maybe it’s even a done deal already”. Then Dennis asked Plazibat about the situation and he said “I don’t know, as far as I know Badr - Reem is going to be the main event” and then Jamal responded with “then I guess Plazibat is not informed about the situation hahaha”.
(also, a good amount of the podcast was about a potential matchup between the two of them. Both guys talked very well and humble about each other and said they’re willing to fight eachother when there’s a titleshot on the line)

Here’s the podcast. The final moments of the podcast I talked about is timestamped:

After all Jamal Ben Saddik vs Antonio Plazibat might take place at Collision 4 ?!
Yesterday in a Dutch Kickboxing/MMA podcast both fighters were a guest, really fun episode.
At the end of the podcast, just when they were going to end the show, JBS brought up that Collision 4 is still far away and a lot of things might happen in that time. When Dennis, the host of the show, asked Jamal about if he meant that he’s going to fight Plazibat at Collision 4, JBS acted very shady and said like “I can’t really tell anything about it man, I’m sorry, we’ll see what happens, maybe it’s even a done deal already”. Then Dennis asked Plazibat about the situation and he said “I don’t know, as far as I know Badr - Reem is going to be the main event” and then Jamal responded with “then I guess Plazibat is not informed about the situation hahaha”.
(also, a good amount of the podcast was about a potential matchup between the two of them. Both guys talked very well and humble about each other and said they’re willing to fight eachother when there’s a titleshot on the line)

Here’s the podcast. The final moments of the podcast I talked about is timestamped:

Would be a very interesting fight, its always weird if all top contenders train together at the same gym.
Makes it hard to get good matchups and might influence how people fight when facing each other.
I think JBS Plazibat is the fight to make since Rico is doing his own thing right now

This is what Scott Rudmann had to say about the situation

This is what Scott Rudmann had to say about the situation

The heavyweight kickboxing division is so shallow that indeed they have to fight each other regardless of being from the same gym. It's different when you have 2 guys from the same gym at lighter weight classes in MT or even KB who don't really want to fight each other.

I had to fight a team mate in the past in a tournament (we ended up meeting at some point in the same bracket after winning our initial fights) and it is what it is, you have to accept you're in an individual sport and sometimes you do need to face team mates / training partners. Of course it sucks, but you just have to, no hard feelings.

The heavyweight kickboxing division is so shallow that indeed they have to fight each other regardless of being from the same gym. It's different when you have 2 guys from the same gym at lighter weight classes in MT or even KB who don't really want to fight each other.

I had to fight a team mate in the past in a tournament (we ended up meeting at some point in the same bracket after winning our initial fights) and it is what it is, you have to accept you're in an individual sport and sometimes you do need to face team mates / training partners. Of course it sucks, but you just have to, no hard feelings.
Yeah you’re right.
Jamal and Plazi said they don’t have a problem fighting eachother when there’s a titleshot on the line (this is what Glory promised them initially).
However, when Glory asked JBS win to fight Plazibat at Collision 4 after he defeated Benny, they added that they can’t guarantee the winner of their fight a titleshot, cause they also want to wait and see what happens between Badr and Reem before they promise a titleshot to anyone..
(so after all it looks like they want to give the winner of Badr/Reem a shot at Rico since that’s the bigger moneyfight)

Reem looks ready to bang

Why do I have a feeling that Badr Hari is going to be too overwhelming for an over-waiting Overeem?

The way I see this fight play out, Badr is gonna go all guns blazing like he always does while Reem will approach this like he's approached most of his fights, a bit too slow starter and cautious.

I'd love to see Ubereem counter hook Hari to oblivion though personally :D

Why do I have a feeling that Badr Hari is going to be too overwhelming for an over-waiting Overeem?

The way I see this fight play out, Badr is gonna go all guns blazing like he always does while Reem will approach this like he's approached most of his fights, a bit too slow starter and cautious.

I'd love to see Ubereem counter hook Hari to oblivion though personally :D
We’ll see how it plays out man, looking forward to the fight:)
Here’s some footage of Badr’s training

I don‘t care what Badr says or do outside the ring, I just care about his fights, and his last fights (not exactly the last one) were some of the most excting fights I have seen in my life. I remember myself screaming at the the tv when he knocked Rico down twice in their last fight, and I was also screaming like a bitch when he got knocked the fuck out after almost killing Adegbuyi and Wrozek the previous rounds.
Wining or losing Badr has a strange kind of magic, almost every time something abrupt and crazy happens when he fights.

I am happy to see him fight if crazy shit keeps happening on his fights... Hell, when was the last time Rico got dropped TWICE in one fight?

The crazy factor is certainly the draw for Hari. The guy can't win a fight to save his life, but it's always fireworks and drama when he's in the ring. That's why we keep getting suckered into watching.

Granted, I'd rather be back in the golden age where we were just bombarded with constant awesome HW match-ups.

Abena and Serkan sparring ahead of their fights October 8

Alistair Overeem revealed that the winner of his fight vs Badr Hari is the next challenger for the Glory HW-title and will be taking on Rico Verhoeven early 2023 (timestamped):

Last edited:
Just got an e-mail from Glory that Collision 4 has a new seating plan:
“We are writing to inform you that a new seating plan for GLORY COLLISION 4 has been designed and approved, allowing for an enhanced fan viewing experience.”

This was the old seating plan:

upload_2022-9-28_14-6-5.jpeg

And this is the new one:

upload_2022-9-28_14-6-37.jpeg

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back