Glory postpones next two events due to coronavirus

How are you going to handle not being able to gamble with sports being shut down?

How are you going to handle not being able to gamble with sports being shut down?
Thankfully, so far the UFC, Bellator and Bare Knuckle FC haven't cancelled any cards. Bellator 241 in Uncasville, CT tomorrow is going ahead without an audience, as is UFC Brasilia on Saturday and BKFC 11 in Kansas. The UFC is planning on moving another card after that from Columbus, Ohio where gatherings are forbidden by the Governor to the UFC Apex with no audience. So hopefully if the pandemic doesn't get really bad we'll still have some events in the short term at least.

It will just get worse. Italy has over 1000 deaths so far. If we assume that the fatality rate (as reported by WHO) is 3.4% that would mean Italy does not have 15K cases as reported, but rather around 30K. This would be a low estimation.

Also, there is in average a 14 days delay between infection and death. Thus, it's not totally unfathomable to imagine italy had 30K cases already two weeks ago, and the death toll is just lagging behind.

Assuming the above is true, a daily growth rate of 10% to 20% in the last two could mean 80 000 to 300 000 have already been infected in italy as of today.

Most people just show mild symtoms so will never know if they have coronavirus or not.

Of course the actual growth rate and fatality rate could be lower or higher in reality, and using different assumptions would show different numbers. Very rough estimates, and not claiming this is accurate. There is too little information available so one can just make guesses. But it makes some sense and might help to imagine what could happen in the rest of europe within the next weeks if social isolation doesn't happen.

Last edited:
ES9DcKMWsAE3QFY.png:large

JimGunn on reddit.

It will just get worse. Italy has over 1000 deaths so far. If we assume that the fatality rate (as reported by WHO) is 3.4% that would mean Italy does not have 15K cases as reported, but rather around 30K. This would be a low estimation.

Also, there is in average a 14 days delay between infection and death. Thus, it's not totally unfathomable to imagine italy had 30K cases already two weeks ago, and the death toll is just lagging behind.

Assuming the above is true, a daily growth rate of 10% to 20% in the last two could mean 80 000 to 300 000 have already been infected in italy as of today.

Most people just show mild symtoms so will never know if they have coronavirus or not.

Of course the actual growth rate and fatality rate could be lower or higher in reality, and using different assumptions would show different numbers. Very rough estimates, and not claiming this is accurate. There is too little information available so one can just make guesses. But it makes some sense and might help to imagine what could happen in the rest of europe within the next weeks if social isolation doesn't happen.
Most of the data so far comes from China where a lot of people smoke but barely anyone is fat. The rate could be much different for Europe.

ES9DcKMWsAE3QFY.png:large

JimGunn on reddit.
I may be a degenerate gambler, but I am also a purist- I only bet fighting: MMA, boxing, kickboxing, bare knuckle boxing or other combat sports. We still have ShoBox tonight from Minnesota and UFC card is still on in Brasilia tomorrow! Dana White says he isn't cancelling the UFC cards unless he is really forced to.

@Kanka

It seems that Lombardy is one very old region in Europe, maybe the oldest in the EU in terms of old people. And by the way, all the people infected here are those that returned from Italy or those that interacted with them. And most didn"t even return though.

We have taken very harsh measures, we are at Level 3 now and soon if anything happens worse we could close cities/ask for state of emergency. Still some are also unconscious here like in Italy but not so many. They like to party. But I can already see it"s full of cars during the day, it"s like Easter already. So people are getting isolated, work from home. Schools, events and churches are closed.

Now I don"t know if Italy previously took the best measures, it has also violated the WHO regulations by not transporting the patients in capsule. One senator here in my country was transported without anything and one people with a costume instead of the capsule. So they will respond according to the law, especially the officials, they could even go to prison. But I am just saying, from Italy I"ve seen dozens of such cases in the photos. I asked myself if they have any capsule.

I wonder if the doctors can keep going, but for this they graduated as medics. I would offer me as volunteer, I am not afraid of anything, but otherwise I am careful. Just protect your parents!

PS. In China there are also many old people and they were still going to the market even after spreading.

If this shit gets big in Brazil, a lot of people are going to die, elder or not

poverty and aglomeration of people are going to rise it into an epidemic desease here

Prayers help! Otherwise I am really worried by Italy and Iran deaths, even Spain. This can also disappear and appear again, you never know with what we deal now. Officially we are from Monday also in state of emergency, and with only 100 cases but growing everyday. Basically it"s also flu season and dozens of probably old people died, but this is new, unknown and looks worse. I hope I stay healthy because in the last 3 years I took that flu vaccine.

All I can say we are in this together.

Yes, but remember this is out of confirmed recovered/dead cases. If you take into account those who have still not recovered, the mortality rate may be lower in the long run.

Hence why I used the word "currently". But so far it's gone from 6% to 7% to 8% so it's only been increasing over the last 2 weeks.

Hence why I used the word "currently". But so far it's gone from 6% to 7% to 8% so it's only been increasing over the last 2 weeks.
Probably because the number of cases is going up, and i'd expect the average time to death is shorter than the average time to recover.

Develop please! Why do you think China and Italy had so many deaths? I want to note that China was the start of the pandemic, and Italy was the beginning of the pandemic in Europe. And they say it"s not a mutation.

Do you think the others will equal China and Italy? Or it"s because others like Germany took better measures? I kinda doubt so.

+ Malaysia and Qatar 500 cases: 0 deaths. COULD THE HEAT DESTROY THIS VIRUS? Israel and Singapore 250 cases: 0 deaths.

Last edited:
Back