Glory Signs Alistair Overeem

The return of UBEREEM is certainly not trash...

R34f967d408ea7d58428cf5e485b94c68

If Hari wins his next fight, do they just go ahead and make Hari vs Overeem III? Should Overeem get a warm up first?

This definetely spices up the HW division a bit. Now they just need to sign Saki and get him on a horse diet.

Interesting to see how they match Overeem, and same if they get Saki too. Definitely some options there.

Yes, put him against other old and washed up fighters with big names.

Bring fucking Viacheslav Datsik and make them fight.

A great addition to Glory. He is certainly a good cash-cow but the question is can he still finish a match? It seems to me that his body took much abuse over the years....

Should be interesting and fun for however long it lasts.

Just need Saki to sign now.

I'm interested as to how easily he will be able to get back into a kickboxing style after years of MMA striking, he developed a very MMA specific style over the last decade. So I wonder how much of kickboxing he will have to re-learn, and also if his chin can really hold up anymore in a situation where he can't take people down.

He better get back on the horsemeat ASAP or he’s going to get destroyed.

I'm interested as to how easily he will be able to get back into a kickboxing style after years of MMA striking, he developed a very MMA specific style over the last decade. So I wonder how much of kickboxing he will have to re-learn, and also if his chin can really hold up anymore in a situation where he can't take people down.

good point. He turned into the archetypal mma striker with wide stance, low guard and weird movement. He has a lifetime of Dutch kickboxing in him though so he should be able to just change it back, but it is something to consider.

Ya he definitely can't play the game he's been playing in MMA for quite a while. He'll have to revert back to his old K-1 style. To be real though, Overeem has always had a terrible chin even when he was fighting at 205, so that risk has always been there. He can protect his chin much better with larger gloves using a double forearms guard, although granted that isn't always a full proof tactic and you can get rocked through gloves as well.

I think this aspect adds a lot more intrigue to him coming back too. Really want to see what his style will look like back under Kickboxing rules.

Nice, should be some good match ups. Must be a big pay cut.

I was hoping for it, but didn't really expect that he actual also do this.

He does say "If it was up to me" so certainly not for sure. Knowing Glory they would do something like that, I think it's a bad idea personally though.

Back