• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Glove Review: Hayabusa Kanpeki Elite 16oz

Absolutely. I am actually doing some traveling now and they are the only gloves I brought with me. I just had Muay Thai Class last night and they are holding up perfectly. The padding is still great, the leather looks like new except for some wear on the kanji, and the Velcro is still doing it's job like it is out of the box. Prior to this month I had been rotating them with 3-4 other pairs but I honestly have zero complaints and would pay full price for them (although I didn't) without hesitation.

So for Muay Thai are good then?
I am a newbie, I mean for the clinch difference with boxing gloves...

SO TRUE! I used to have a glove erection for Boons until I tried them. I like Thai gloves but these felt like a bastardization of a Western and a Thai glove.....But they sure are good looking:)

Gotta agree. When I first started out...I had to have a pair of Boons. Was leary due to the QC issues people were having. Got good pairs and loved them....until I discovered Tokushu. Never went back to my Boons....lol.

Gotta agree. When I first started out...I had to have a pair of Boons. Was leary due to the QC issues people were having. Got good pairs and loved them....until I discovered Tokushu. Never went back to my Boons....lol.

Hey don't say that, I just picked my Boons up from the post office.......then again I should be picking up a pair of Tokushus in a couple of weeks too.....:icon_chee

Hey don't say that, I just picked my Boons up from the post office.......then again I should be picking up a pair of Tokushus in a couple of weeks too.....:icon_chee
what do you think about your boon? like them??

what do you think about your boon? like them??

Dude, I just picked them up, didnt even get a chance to remove them from the plastic bag. Will let you know after a few rounds on the heavy bag hopefully.

Dude, I just picked them up, didnt even get a chance to remove them from the plastic bag. Will let you know after a few rounds on the heavy bag hopefully.
oops my bad:redface:

I can almost guarantee once you get the Tokushu.....your Boon will be dust collectors.

oops my bad:redface:

No prob man. I just spent an hour on the heavy bag and let me say, these blow the Bad Boy Pro Series (The only other proper glove I tried) out of the water. I landed a few awkward hooks that would have rendered my wrist inoperable for a few days if I was wearing the Bad Boys, the Boons wrist support is much better. Hand compartment is a bit tight but it'll probably loosen up with use.

Enough hijacking this Kanpeki thread, I'll probably review these Boons just for the sake of it after I put in more time with them. So far, I really like them.

I can almost guarantee once you get the Tokushu.....your Boon will be dust collectors.

Everything is relative, but I get what you mean. I heard the Boons bottom out quickly on the heavy bag so I'll probably save them for sparring when I get blown away by the Tokushus; so far I really like the Boons and can't wait to try the BGV1s tomorrow.

No prob man. I just spent an hour on the heavy bag and let me say, these blow the Bad Boy Pro Series (The only other proper glove I tried) out of the water. I landed a few awkward hooks that would have rendered my wrist inoperable for a few days if I was wearing the Bad Boys, the Boons wrist support is much better. Hand compartment is a bit tight but it'll probably loosen up with use.

Enough hijacking this Kanpeki thread, I'll probably review these Boons just for the sake of it after I put in more time with them. So far, I really like them.
great ! please weight them either and update us

No need to update on the weight....we all know they will be under.

Back