Glove reviews

Mark6pro

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
This has been a little side project for a little while. Still very much under construction but I promised myself I'd start getting some of it out there by the next Canelo fight which is now 2 days away.

Didn't want just another plain old review site, though it does have some plain reviews going up first. I want to eventually include care tips, comparisons of glove types and materials. Maybe even a list where people can enter what the pros were wearing for any given fight.

Right now there are photos up of most of the gloves, but only write ups for maybe three quarters of them. Maybe you'll agree, maybe you won't. But I always figure the MORE reviews about something, and the more perspectives, the better.

I'd like some input on the "stats" page below. Not exactly sure what people will do with it, but more data is always good. You should have read access to the spreadsheet and be able to sort the stats around. Mexican gloves unsurprisingly come in heavy. Pricey gloves are mid-range in terms of knuckle diameter (measuring around the thickest part of the hand) suggesting a sleeker glove for the protection you pay for.

https://www.fightglovereviews.com/glove-stats

Hope it's useful!

Interesting @Mark6pro .
I haven't looked all detail of it, but appreciate you taking the time to provide this spreadsheet. Great job!

What is Glove Length and Punching Width?

Guess I should make those a bit more clear. Tip of the glove to the end of the wrist, and width is the wideness of the punching surface (not including the thumb). Kind of like knuckle diameter but not measured around the whole thing. I'll put up some pictures later. Basically measuring around and measuring across don't quite capture padding thickness, but maybe together you can get an idea of it.

I commented about your site not too long ago. It is a great resource. There are some very good points made about gloves I am considering.

I think it'd make sense to include the actual prices on your spreadsheet rather than $/$$/$$$

I’m trying to decide on a 16oz boxing glove for bag/mitts. Willing to spend $200 or less.

Looking at the Hayabusa T3 or Reyes Hook Loop. Not sure which or if anyone has any other recommendations. I see Fairtex on there and have heard good review but seem like more of a MT glove?

I’m trying to decide on a 16oz boxing glove for bag/mitts. Willing to spend $200 or less.

Looking at the Hayabusa T3 or Reyes Hook Loop. Not sure which or if anyone has any other recommendations. I see Fairtex on there and have heard good review but seem like more of a MT glove?
Fairtex do a lot of gloves, the BGV9 is just the same as any other Western glove and gets recommended a lot for bagwork. Really well made, stiff glove and firm foam which will last a long time. A stiff glove is not what everyone wants or likes though, but some people do like it. In terms of your best bang for your buck, Fairtex BGV9 vs Hayabusa T3 vs Cleto Reyes, the Fairtex would win out.

The Hayabusa T3 and the Cleto Reyes are very different kinds of gloves. The Reyes is definitely better quality in terms of the craftsmanship and the materials used in construction, though some people find the thumb on it to be uncomfortable, but some people love those gloves. The Hayabusa could potentially give better protection but I think even on people who it fits well on, you probably aren't making as good a fist or getting as good connection feeling as you could get in some other gloves. You will probably be fine with either but, do you have any set preferences, or gloves you've liked in the past to help narrow things down?

BGV9 is a boxing gloves, not a MT glove but like @Minowafanatic fanatic said it's not for everybody. It's my personal favorite glove though.

Fairtex do a lot of gloves, the BGV9 is just the same as any other Western glove and gets recommended a lot for bagwork. Really well made, stiff glove and firm foam which will last a long time. A stiff glove is not what everyone wants or likes though, but some people do like it. In terms of your best bang for your buck, Fairtex BGV9 vs Hayabusa T3 vs Cleto Reyes, the Fairtex would win out.

The Hayabusa T3 and the Cleto Reyes are very different kinds of gloves. The Reyes is definitely better quality in terms of the craftsmanship and the materials used in construction, though some people find the thumb on it to be uncomfortable, but some people love those gloves. The Hayabusa could potentially give better protection but I think even on people who it fits well on, you probably aren't making as good a fist or getting as good connection feeling as you could get in some other gloves. You will probably be fine with either but, do you have any set preferences, or gloves you've liked in the past to help narrow things down?
Thanks..I actually ended up buying the Reyes ones for training.

I do need a Sparring glove though. I had purchase a pair of Rival 18oz sparring ones but they are Velcro and unsure if I should be using lace ups. I have not used them yet so contemplating returning. They are a great fit though trying them on. Any recommendations for a good inexpensive 18oz sparring glove? I was looking at Ringside IMF lace ups or Topboxer alien.

Back