GOAT Finisher

I have to say there used to be something special about a top rope finisher.

The climb or jump to the top rope, the pose, then the leap of faith...it would finish the opponent if it landed, or finish the attacker of it missed.

It was a very pivotal moment in the match back in the day....it was booked to be high risk.

Now it's just more filler, and "high risk" means fuck all when folks are doing flippy shit left and right off the top rope.
Some good ones:

Big Van Vader doing the moonsault always got me:
BountifulEveryAnt-size_restricted.gif

The Van Terminator:
fYJMtk8.gif

Not top rope obviously but one I like that nobody has mentioned is Misawa’s Emerald Flowsion:
emerald%2Bflowsion.gif

Tombstone Piledriver:
CrazyAcidicArchaeopteryx-size_restricted.gif

Burning Hammer!
gQYji4.gif

Other great finishers.
Wrist clutch exploder

Running powerslam

9f9e0bf5652e32fde1dff55c4769f922c8bf9a00_00.gif

This one wasn't so bad...but there were definitely sometimes they didn't go over near as far or smooth where you were worrying someone would never walk again.

Diamond Cutter/Ace Crusher/RKO.

I always thought it edged out the Stunner because it looked more devastating because you were smashing your face into the ground, and because it was the finisher of top guys like DDP and Orton for all these years, it never went into "public domain" like the DDT to be used by every jobber until it was no longer revered as a finisher.

Looked great, can hit it on anyone at any time without needing much of a set up, and one of the safest moves to execute and take. Perfect finisher.

Diamond Cutter/Ace Crusher/RKO.

I always thought it edged out the Stunner because it looked more devastating because you were smashing your face into the ground, and because it was the finisher of top guys like DDP and Orton for all these years, it never went into "public domain" like the DDT to be used by every jobber until it was no longer revered as a finisher.

Looked great, can hit it on anyone at any time without needing much of a set up, and one of the safest moves to execute and take. Perfect finisher.
I liked the crippler cross face for similar reason. Can hit it any time out of nowhere without much setup.

- Isn't used as a finisher. But i love the blue thunder bomb

R05362897f831abce987b00614a1dde7e

Last edited:
Back