Gokhan Saki released from the UFC, hints at return to kickboxing

Really?? I was not aware of any of it... Tell us more please.

Really?? I was not aware of any of it... Tell us more please.

Reporting from Boxingscene.com revealed that Spong passed a drug test administered by the Illinois State Athletic Commission on Sept. 16. He then failed two VADA tests on Sept. 22 and 26 but passed a third VADA test on Oct. 2.

He passed a test, then a week later failed two tests, then a week after that he passed another test. I don't know what to make of it.

If you want a long read - https://fansided.com/2020/10/03/tyrone-spong-discusses-combat-journey-ped-controversy-future/

I kind of wish he would go to K-1 and rack up some wins against guys like Karimian and Kato and have a decent fight against Kyotaro instead of being fed to the young bloods in Glory

Why do you believe that Spong ruined his boxing career?

He was gonna have his biggest fight yet vs Uzyk and had a failed drug test leading to the fight. He denied any wrong doing and his other tests before and after were clean. That was a few months ago and since then he hasn't been booked for another boxing fight yet. It's not looking good and he's not getting any younger.

He's in an awkward spot where he's waiting to fight a bigger name but since the failed drug test it's making it even more complicated to get such a booking than it was already.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in another kickboxing fight or two though before it's too late. Spong vs Saki 3 would be a big fight with a history and would be good timing for both of them.

I can't remember why Saki left KB to be honest but i know Spong's last KB fight was when he broke his leg against Saki. Even if they are past their primes they could be huge for Glory just based solely on name value.

afaik he left kb bc of glory not giving him a rico rematch even after winning the belt. he waited for 3 years for a rematch and saw that glory has no interests in pushing him and rico constantly ducking.

than famous dutch football player sneijder was transferred to galatasaray and saki spent the next 2 or 3 years with his (ex) wife and the sneijder family in istanbul without fighting, training or even thinking about fighting.

he was every weekend in the gossip media in turkey. partying hard with sneijder.

article-2653974-1EA245B900000578-5_634x419.jpg

wesley-sneijder-in-cay-keyfi_29453_b.jpg

afaik he left kb bc of glory not giving him a rico rematch even after winning the belt. he waited for 3 years for a rematch and saw that glory has no interests in pushing him and rico constantly ducking.

than famous dutch football player sneijder was transferred to galatasaray and saki spent the next 2 or 3 years with his (ex) wife and the sneijder family in istanbul without fighting, training or even thinking about fighting.

he was every weekend in the gossip media in turkey. partying hard with sneijder.

article-2653974-1EA245B900000578-5_634x419.jpg

wesley-sneijder-in-cay-keyfi_29453_b.jpg

Actually it's because they're not paying him what he is used to making. Same with spong. They couldn't keep up their old contracts

Still no official confirmation from Glory, nor Saki. It is clear that the two parties are negotiating since Saki posts regularly on social media about his kickboxing training. Hopefully they will have an agreement soon. I really hope Spong will come back to KB also. For a long time I`ve been advocating for these guys. A third fight between them would be huge.

Having overly big financial requests would be a mistake from both of them. We do not know the stats from the two Glory PPV events yet. If they don`t make it public than it seems that the viewership and incomes are not stellar. Still, I have hope that it is sufficient to keep them going and hire new faces.

If Glory signs a guy who publicly crapped all over them it sends a pretty desperate signal. I still remember Saki tearing apart a Glory shirt before his move to the UFC. So thinking about it, it also means Saki is kind of desperate if he signs with the organisation he publicly crapped over.
Sounds like a match made in heaven and the negotiations must be really enjoyable for both...

If Glory signs a guy who publicly crapped all over them it sends a pretty desperate signal. I still remember Saki tearing apart a Glory shirt before his move to the UFC. So thinking about it, it also means Saki is kind of desperate if he signs with the organisation he publicly crapped over.
Sounds like a match made in heaven and the negotiations must be really enjoyable for both...
Unfortunately this is the character of Saki. Remember he knew his sweep over Ghiță was illegal and celebrated the win like it was no mistake from Ubeda. Ghiță did not want to ruin his celebration in Istanbul.

This Turk lacks fair-play. If they forgive him, he should kiss the Glory balls.

This mentality is insane, he got favored, not to mention the Dutch of Turkish origin left Glory at the 1st mistake against him. A wrong count. While Ghiță in the Netherlands was robbed more than in Glory (in It"s Showtime).

They should all treat Saki like they are guilty and he is innocent. But the Turk will not stop, he wants a straight chance to Verhoeven!

I appreciate the courage, but not the lack of fair-play and cheating. And the lack of respect for his colleagues.

I don"t think he"s in shape. He can fight Badr but could be a fiasco. I would rather see him against Cătinaș or Rigters, after he gets one warm-up fight! Cătinaș the same.

Mike could have some recipe, but I watched him training and looks slow and overweight. He can cut weight, but I still think he will be way slower than before.

OAKlfjk.jpg

who is Saki´s trainer right now, in which gym is he training?

who is Saki´s trainer right now, in which gym is he training?
Some guy or guys from Uzbekistan in Dubai. He also sparred there with Tai Tuivasa.

It is big difference from the Netherlands to the region of Middle East (one of the worst in the world in stand-up fighting) and Central Asia (not very developed).

They are trying to make a living but I am waiting to see some results produced from these coaches.

Just saying, he is trying to come back with some unproven kickboxing coaches.

Last edited:
thanks for the information Broadcast
But why isn't he training with Mike, like years ago?

Saki doesn't need to fight. His family makes serious money with their own "business".

Back