Good Heart Rate Monitor?

jnes

Boxer
@purple
Reaction score
Trying to find a heart rate monitor just to measure my fitness and how it increases. Lots of my cardio just comes from bag work so a watch might not be the best for that. Don't wanna break the bank either but still have something that is pretty accurate.

I've used a Polar for years. Never had any issues really apart from wear and tear.. After 2-3 years I had to buy a replacement strap.

I have polar H7 and use it with the free polar app seems decent

Trying to find a heart rate monitor just to measure my fitness and how it increases. Lots of my cardio just comes from bag work so a watch might not be the best for that. Don't wanna break the bank either but still have something that is pretty accurate.

Timex Ironman TK517 (?)

The best and only 100-120$.

im guessing those apple watches dont work worth a fuck huh

im guessing those apple watches dont work worth a fuck huh

Watches in general aren't worth much in that respect.

If all you want is something that occasionally spits out a reading and you're not fussed if it misses out every once in awhile, a watch will do. But if you're wanting something more reliable for training, get one with a chest strap

Pulling out a old thread instead of starting out a new one.

What's changed in the last 2 years. Has there been much in the way of improvement. I haven't used mine for ages since I haven't had to (I don't go all out logging stuff unless I have a goal in mind, usually a comp).

I guess my old H7 is still good but what's good software now I guess. A friend of mine says he moved away from Polar because of lack of compatibility with apps etc.

Back