Google Stadia ***Update: Google shutting down the service***

This is interesting. Is it a streaming service that allows you to play multiple games or do you have to buy the game to stream? If you have to purchase the game, I’ll stick with my PS. Who knows how long this will last. PlayStation will be entering their 5th iteration so I’m much more confident that I’ll have my digital downloads for a long while.

There’s nothing to “get”, it streams from google, it’s not a console. It’s going to be trash though, enjoy your input lag.

I was part of the beta. For single player games it's perfect.

I was part of the beta. For single player games it's perfect.
Did you watch the live stream? There was obvious input lag in the game the guy was playing. Even the livestream itself glitches out during the presentation. They can’t even run a flawless livestream on YouTube without issues.

Did you watch the live stream? There was obvious input lag in the game the guy was playing. Even the livestream itself glitches out during the presentation. They can’t even run a flawless livestream on YouTube without issues.

Very weird. Me and my buddy were both in the beta and played AC Odyssey and it ran great. I tested it at my office (obviously) and at home both went great.

Is it a streaming service that allows you to play multiple games or do you have to buy the game to stream?

Way these systems work is by dedicating one server instance to a client. List of games available is dependent on your subscription tier plan.

Well I’m just saying it’s not going to be pretty for those without great internet connections, I could be wrong, but I think they are overselling it. Guess we’ll see, it releases this year.

Google can pull it off, but I wonder how well it works over mediocre broadband/internet.

Very weird. Me and my buddy were both in the beta and played AC Odyssey and it ran great. I tested it at my office (obviously) and at home both went great.

What's your internet speed?

Meh, now if it gives option to do and play without streaming I could be in.

casuals can play RPGs on their tablets, i guess.

the latency would make this still terrible for anyone with a console/gaming computer.

Yikes, so watched it (in slow motion) to see the input lag, when he was demonstrating on the laptop, and its significant. Yeah its to early for this type of thing imo.

Absolutely zero interest in streaming games.

To be clear I believe this is the future of gaming. Sony already has psnow (which sucks tbh) and Microsoft will be showing their own streaming technology at the upcoming e3. I think it will be a decade before consoles are mostly irrelevant.

maybe, but they'd need to figure out how to solve the latency problem.

which is more or less impossible without an absurd infrastructure (ie: servers ~everywhere)

Super far off from this being standard in online mulitplayer gaming but for single player more casual and relaxed style of play This could be promising

I'm assuming their model is marketed as attractive because you pay a monthly and don't have to buy the full game but a lot of single player gamers can stay on a game for a long time fleshing it out completely so not sure they would really be enticed unless I'm missing something

They stream it to you. The game runs on their data centers, you send your input and receive picture.
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back