Gordon and Andre Galvao got into it backstage

Gordon assaulted him and used a homophobic slur on tape.

The fact that he isn't immediately called to task by the community is a clear example of the toxic masculinity that runs through combat sports.

Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on right now between those two?
Why do they even have beef?

Anyway, I lolled hard at this situation.
Gabi "Brock Lesnar" Garcia trying to calm down, while Danaher stands in the middle looking like a bored bouncer thinking "Another thug I'll have to get out".
This shit was fucking hilarious

To atos, if you didnt pop off the moment andre got slapped or didn't rush dds the moment you heard it, just take the L.

The fact that he isn't immediately called to task by the community is a clear example of the toxic masculinity that runs through combat sports.

Jesus not this woke bullshit again. Blaming's Gordon Ryan's retardedness on stupid concepts made-up by complete idiots might be worse than this whole fiasco. Follow aikido or ballet instead they'll clearly appreciate your purple-haired-person opinions more.

I think it says something that of andres people only gaby stood up for him
Stood up for him? It looked like to me she was telling him to take his L with dignity <36>

I think its dumb. They both know where the other trains . The true alpha move is to go there and ask to roll

galvao is asking for $1M for the match at adcc pretty sure if gordon turned up at atos andre would call the cops

Galvao has nothing left to prove. Nothing needs to be said. His legacy is cemented.

He is chipping away at the very foundation which he built. His recent cringy, rapper-esque ig persona is destroying his image and even worse, perhaps exposing who he was at the core all along. We've seen glimpses of it but perhaps chose to turn away, as people do with people they put on a pedestal. He was a BJJ icon and a living testament to faith, family, and hard work's ability to enrich your life.

In many ways the feud is unfair. We expect Gordon to act like a child - we expect him to have his strong political views, his venomous and vulgar response towards his detractors, and his other antics like putting on a crown.

Galvao needed only to let his fans do the talking like Marcelo. He needed to tread the higher ground - to prioritize his family over his ego. He was supposed to transition into building the future, as Marcelo did. But he didn't.

I can forsee a timeline in which all the animosity culminates at the next ADCC. Atos vs. DDS. Galvao vs. Gordon. The DDS will likely prove victorious over Atos. The final nail in the coffin - Gordon rendering Galvao unconscious.

People paid good money to affiliate with Andree and his Atos affiliation program.

Now that all can see what true colour Andree is, do you think bjj gyms will want to continue to send him money to use his name?

Remember that gyms are investing into a brand name in order to gain more customers...once they realise that it is not worth the money..they will go somewhere else...it is just busines. Nothing personal.
does galvao's wife also leave him in your fantasy?

I think you might have meant to post this on Reddit or Twitter. Take your fake made up terms to those echo chambers.

imagine if i pulled out a gun and shot you dead in retaliation. does that make your family bitches unless they kill me?

i thought most people grew out of these fantasies by the time they finished puberty.

Do you follow BJJ history deeply? Galvao has always been a punk. Gordon isn’t a saint, but I’m glad Galvao got his. If you gotta ask why, then you don’t know Galvao’s history in the bjj realm nor hear the stories of his behavior. Hardly the mature statesman who deserves the civility you insist on.

Galvao’s a punk. A bully.

* I never condone out of the ring violence, never, except this time, based on the individual. Galvao pounds his chest when dealing with weaker people, that’s him.

Looool, go post this toxic femininity/libtardism in Washington Post or NYT comment sections where you might have an audience.

Do you follow BJJ history deeply? Galvao has always been a punk. Gordon isn’t a saint, but I’m glad Galvao got his. If you gotta ask why, then you don’t know Galvao’s history in the bjj realm nor hear the stories of his behavior. Hardly the mature statesman who deserves the civility you insist on.

Galvao’s a punk. A bully.

* I never condone out of the ring violence, never, except this time, based on the individual. Galvao pounds his chest when dealing with weaker people, that’s him.

Tell us, what has andre done?

and what exactly should he have done? started a brawl? i keep seeing these posts calling galvao a bitch, and i wonder how old you people are.

if gordon ryan wants to fight, he should fight. i'm sure he'll have no trouble signing with bellator or ONE. hell, if he wants to start stupid street brawls, i'm sure there are plenty of fighters who will happily oblige him. go and slap the shit out of yoel romero, then tell us how that worked out.

but he doesn't really seem interested in fighting other people who want to fight. slapping a 38 years old, retired andre galvao... and people have the audacity to call galvao a bitch, lol.

What he should have done is not follow someone around acting like he wants to start something if he didn't. If Gordon had followed him around starting crap and then slapped him, Galvao doing nothing back is just further proof of Gordon being a bully. But Galvao tried to instigate and backed down (kind of) as soon as his bluff was called. He looked bad. He gave the impression of that drunk guy at a bar that doesn't know when to shut his mouth and thinks everyone is on his side.

At the end of the day, look at the video.

We can call Gordon a dick etc, but Galvao is the one chasing him down for a 'chat' , and then shoving him, flipping the middle finger etc.

What the fuck was Ryan meant to do? If he walks away and ignores it, all you idiots then claim he is a pussy, and just all internet talk.

I think GR done the thing most people would do, if someone first gives you the finger when you offer a handshake, and then walk after you telling you to stop walking away and shoves you.

I dont care who worships Galvao, but Ryan done exactly like any normal person would.

And Galvao has the cheek to shout about respect. Embarassing.

Hate both, acting like mma fighters

Gordon did a bitch move, he went in got lightly pushed than slapped Galvao. Both are assholes here, but Galvao should have stepped it up.

Oh, so just cos youre a grappler, you shouldnt ever punch someone in the face , off the matts? LOL

Some of you people are idiots.

Tell us, what has andre done?

For one, dude slapped a civilian in the face when he didn’t get enough people to attend his seminar after the guy pushed for a seminar at his boondock location.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t be pissed if I was Andre, but you don’t slap normal people around just because you know you can beat their arse.

Then there’s his grandstanding and quick temper. Dude kicked (not swept) Clark Gracie during a match for a reap, but not before pulling cheap shots, with gi-pulls masked as a precursor to a throw. He did it just to punk Clark, who is known for being chill. Even if Clark went for a passive reap by pulling his leg across to force Andre into a vulnerable situation, it wasn’t a case of “I’m gonna reap you for real.” Most practitioners would tell the ref and maybe curse a little....

He has this bully mentality built in him. He’s a great practitioner and a “Christian” but that’s for show I think. He’s kind of a meat head.

When Palhares was slapping his neck repeatedly during ADCC (I think), Andre was rightfully pissed, but had it not been anyone but crazy, juiced Palhares, I bet Andre would have slapped him in the face back. It’s only because Andre fears Palhares in a real fight, that he didn’t do anything. I’m not saying Andre would lose a fight or anything, it’s that he picks and chooses who to flex with.

I was a fan before, but some threads, posed on BJJ underground? I can’t remember, but people were not impressed with his temper that silently boils underneath the facade of professionalism.

You simply don’t get that from say... Roger Gracie or whatever.

Back